Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who dosnt like their yoshi rs-5 and why?.. i heard one today and it didnt seem too bad for the price.. just wondering if there are many dislikes..

·
Registered
369 Posts
I love my full system. Everyone will tell you something differnt thou.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the RS-5 CF with cone & love it...the sound is great, looks really good, & you can't beat the price! I would have considered an Arata or Akra...but too much $$$.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheX said:
I have the carbon RS-5 s/o with a PC3 and a custom map. I'm way beyond happy with it.
nice... that carbon fiber looks sweet.. my bike is black and silver so im thinking its gonna look really good.. i was going to get a devil but it kinda scares me that not many people have them.. i think id rather go with a popular brand... how is the installation on it?? is it easy or should i just have a shop do it??

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
yup i am gonna buy one for spring time FOR SURE!!!!

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
Installation was literally 30 minutes. There are a couple places where you have decisions to make like shielding etc.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
nooooo hahahah the stock exhaust is a slip on also. just bolts that you take out and
slip it out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol yah i know it was a dumb question but i heard some guy saying he had to cut his stock exhaust with a hack saw..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rs-5

I don't think the money is an issue as how much are we talking about in what is a one time purchase .....I think all of these systems/slip ons are way over priced as what are they when you think about it... The titanium/carbon fiber can can't cost a whole lot more to produce and sells for an additional 25% plus; how is that possible...?

I think the RS-5 is the best looking and if you look inside what's the difference between any of them... Now I don't wanna get anybody pissed off or get any death threats but I think they're all the same in function...

What I did notice was the striking difference in weight between the stock can and pipe and the Yoshi .... I was shocked at how much the stock parts weight. It would be worth the money just for the weight savings alone, the sound is a freebie as far as I'm concerned....

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
it sounds good, but the full system doesnt do much. I have the full which i got off egay for 250 bucks. You should hear the Leo Vince.... that sounds good. The new Akrapovic hex for the 05-06 looks so clean. You should check those out. Talk to one of the vendors and im sure they'll hook you up.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I loved my stainless steel rs-5 until.....
I saw the carbon fibre with cone rs-5.....
Now im absolutley tampin!

·
Registered
298 Posts
i have the full system but i got the can carbon fiber with teh stainless tip and i would like to trade some one for teh one with teh carbon tip if any one wants to mine is in imaculate condition

·
Registered
89 Posts
low-hung rs-5....

My rs-5 is stainless and doesn't fit a high as some I've seen.... I don't have a problem with the look off stainless in fact I prefer it as my bike is black and I don't want the exhaust to blend in and to my view spoil the the look of my de-junked tail section... Also fitting real high would cause heat issues that I don't have now...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts