Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I dont know if their site is down or what but I cant seem to find out what the difference between the Yoshimura race, signature, and street series RS mufflers are... I'm not looking for race, but has anyone tried the signature or street versions?

Yoshimura Exhaust and Accessories - Honda CBR600RR 2013

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Race series are full systems with headers and midpipes. They weigh less and flow better than stock, and delete the factory catalytic converter. The full system yields a significant boost in performance, especially when tuned with a fuel controller. But it comes with the expense not only of more money but also greater air and noise pollution. Of course some of us don't mind the sound and smell of a gas engine in the morning.

The Street and Signature series are both slip-ons. So they will shed some weight from the bike and improve the exhaust note. But don't expect the bike to feel any faster.. beyond the placebo effect.

And I just googled it for you and found this:
The Street and Signature Series mufflers are basically the same. The Street Series has a removable low volume insert (dB killer), while the Signature Series has a non-removable insert (welded in place).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like Street and Signature series are emissions compliant so they would pass in places where inspection and adherence to DOT are mandatory (probably.)

Signature has... nicer rivets and bands?
The Race series are full systems with headers and midpipes. They weigh less and flow better than stock, and delete the factory catalytic converter. The full system yields a significant boost in performance, especially when tuned with a fuel controller. But it comes with the expense not only of more money but also greater air and noise pollution. Of course some of us don't mind the sound and smell of a gas engine in the morning.

The Street and Signature series are both slip-ons. So they will shed some weight from the bike and improve the exhaust note. But don't expect the bike to feel any faster.. beyond the placebo effect.

And I just googled it for you and found this:
Thanks guys! Ill be picking up one sometime soon and wanted to make sure I got what I wanted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts