Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just preference or do people only usually install the silencer to pass inspection or something? How much quieter is this thing with silencer installed?

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Never fitted mine. I take it along for its annual inspection just in case but it's never been required.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
197 Posts
On my 2007 sunbeam had a full yoshi setup i put it in just cause i am not one that likes to draw attention. Also it muffled it just enough to make it have less of a wide open crack. I like it more with the silencer in than out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's all up to you. Ride without it and if you think it's too loud put it in. Or try them both out to see which one you like more. It's just a nice option to have. There's also a couple different ones. I mean.....they are the same exhaust but there's one that's EPA certified and one that's not. It should have a sticker on the bottom stating it. Like the sticker on mine (non EPA) states that it is meant for closed courses only and I think mine sounds perfect without it. There's also different baffles out there as well lol. Just all personal preference.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have played around with the silencer, It does give the bike a nice raspy sound, but also takes away from the deep roar that yoshi is know for

1 - 6 of 6 Posts