Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO someone please help me with this issue i installed my yoshi RS5, there is NO gap between the tail light and yoshi exhaust please help

everything else is done except for this

thanks any help is appreciated
:shakehand

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i cut my exhause 2 inches

i thought after u cut it u dont need a lowering bracket

did every1 have to use a bracket

there is no gap???

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Not sure i have an 04. But I know everyone used to by the lowering bracket to solve this issue. Contact T he's a site sponsor and he should be able to give you a solid answer.

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
not sure how many inches should have been cut? maybe you need to cut one or two more? when you cut the can it should "move back" enough to make the IT visible, i didnt want to touch mine and thus lowered it, much more visible now. There will be someone on here who has the same can who also has cut it, they need to chime in

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Exhaust strap will lower the exhaust about an inch from where it is sitting right now. If you are going to just use the springs to hold it I would recommend something added to the replace the exhaust strap. May some "L" brackets to the top of the exhaust strap that are riveted in place and bolted to the subframe. This will give you the spacing needed and give you a look without the exhaust strap but keeping it solid. T

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh ok... i just ended up using your lowering bracket. i just used one of your bracket peices that go behind the right passenger peg where the exhaust bolts on too, IT worked perfect. :)

Exhaust strap will lower the exhaust about an inch from where it is sitting right now. If you are going to just use the springs to hold it I would recommend something added to the replace the exhaust strap. May some "L" brackets to the top of the exhaust strap that are riveted in place and bolted to the subframe. This will give you the spacing needed and give you a look without the exhaust strap but keeping it solid. T

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cbrheaven it light but i highly recommend getting Tripage's IT which im switching over too. Its got better visibility and also the turn signals on the cbrheaven light bleeds so you cant tell which indicators on.

Which light do u use?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts