Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 03RR in November and the previous owner had already done plenty of mods on it. I've changed a few minor bits and bobs to make her more my own but I figured a new slip on would be the most noticeable change. At the moment it's got a Scorpion can on which I've generally heard is more of a budget can. I don't know if there's truth to that or not but I'm sure someone who knows better than me can confirm.

Either way I'm after a new one and I've narrowed it down to two manufacturers. My first preference would be an Akrapovic but apparently they don't make them for the RR3 anymore and it's near impossible to locate one in the UK. My choice then, is between a Yoshimura or Termignoni. I know there are others but I like these two the best. The Yoshi is about £100 cheaper than the Term and I do like the look of it but the Term has a really exhaust note from what I've heard on Youtube.

I can't decide which to get but my first instinct is to go with the Yoshi. What do you guys reckon?

Here's how she stands at the moment: (Minus the flushmounts I got installed today)

·
Maynard
7,085 Posts
Nice bike mang :thumbup:

As far as pipes go, your preference mang! I've only had experience with yoshis, no termignioni. I had an RS-3 and a tri-oval on gixxers.. I liked them a lot. They weren't ridiculously loud yet they have somewhat of a more "high pitch" tone compared to other aftermaket exhausts I've had.

Yoshi is a very popular slip for the RR, a lot more common than the termignioni from my experience..

·
Registered
860 Posts
I reckon you should make your own mind up.

It's an end can. Makes no difference on its own. Which looks better to you? Which makes your bike sound better to you?

No point in customising it if you're going to do what others think.

If you want to sell your Scorpion let me know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice bike mang
Thanks mate. :)

No point in customising it if you're going to do what others think.
Just after a bit of opinion bro. Obviously I'll go with whichever I think I'll like best but I just wanted to be a bit more informed before I drop 500 beans.

I'll almost certainly be selling the Scorp, I'll get in touch nearer the time mate. :thumbup:

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I had a Micron on my 05 and I liked it. I'm looking at buying a 06 this weekend bag has a yoshimura Carbon RS-5 on it. If your still deciding by then ill let you know how I like it. YouTube is a good source to but the sound is only as good as the recording device and will never be as good as hearing anything in person

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I was looking at exhausts these were my top two choices. Termis and yoshis both have good exhaust notes but Termi might be a bit louder. I have the RS5 carbon from Yoshi and love it. The look of the can is what won the battle for me though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your input fellas. I've decided to go with the Yoshi. Both can's sound great but I've fallen for the Yoshi's looks. Ordered myself an RS5 Full Carbon today. Can't wait. Meant to be saving money but **** it.

I'll post some pics when it's done.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
termignoni For SHO

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Beautiful bike! I vote termi. You don't see them often and they have a great tone

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahaha I like how it's mostly Yoshi votes until I post that I've bought one then everyone says Term. Term does sound awesome but I'm a fan of Yoshi's carbon look and it's too late now anyway lmao.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Hahaha I like how it's mostly Yoshi votes until I post that I've bought one then everyone says Term. Term does sound awesome but I'm a fan of Yoshi's carbon look and it's too late now anyway lmao.
Ha I was thinking the same thing. Who cares if everyone has the can? Yoshi looks and sounds better IMO.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Buyers remorse buyers remorse! Shoulda got the arrow!

Jk get what you really want

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It's too late nw but let me be the risotto vote stay with the Scorpion. Had several of them and no hassles, issues, anything with them. They sound good and last, at least the titanium ones, and never need repacking.

Had one on my 929, 954 and 1000RR, went Akra on my 600RR for a change.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts