Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new in this forum and I really like it !
I want to buy a Yoshimura RS-5 CF but I don't know where I can find one at good price and who can ship to canada...
I know that many people modify the braquet of this exhaust and I want to know the exact reason and more detail on how I should do the instal.
Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
First of all welcome WeXeRR to this cool Forum, very soon you will be addicted to it.

I live in Montreal, Canada and I just bought my Yoshimura RS-5 Carbon with End Cad in Carbon. I bought it from IndySuperbike ( www.indysuperbike.com ) in Indianapolis, you can also buy it from MRI ( www.ridersinc.com ) in California. With the USD / CAD exchange rate, it's a better to buy it from the states, pay the taxes and duty charge then buy it in Canada. It takes about 4 days for delivery.

Both place have the same price 430 $ USD, it's the lowest price I found. Even on ebay you won't find a better deal.

You can find more details on why people modify the bracket on this thread :
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=41006

The main cause is because with the original bracket you will have a gap between the pipe and tail of about 1 inch or more. To improve the look, we cute a part of the can Bracket.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Welcome aboard wex the site vendors are the best

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone have a sound clip for this pipe?

·
Registered
865 Posts
im not a fan of the yosh sound..harsh, loud, grumble...not smooth sounding at all. for the same price i would pick up a leo vince.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to every body! I come from montreal too so if I have a problem...

Do you like the sound of this exaust?
If you have an other suggestion for exhaust, let me know !

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
WeXeRR said:

MICRON is the REAL music of RR fumes

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
my friends yosh sounds good..but next to my arata..all of a sudden it just sounds o.k.. he will tell you the same.

...but if your looking for something fairly cheap go leo vince over the yosh for sure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
WeXeRR said:

I just installed my new Yosh yesterday and went for a ride even if it was cold.

I love it sound, not too loud at idle and just loud enough when I'm riding. Now at least I can speak to my fellow riders when I'm the red light vs. my old ART Dual Exhaust.

You asked about other suggestions; I also like the Two Brothers M-2 or M-5.

WeXeRR, if you have any problem I'll be glad to help you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My RS-5 is supposed to come in this weekend so I'll be doing the install then. Regarding the installation, do you take off the heat shield or not? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HUm I like the Two Brother CF exhaust too...
I don't what I should take... I want a good exhaust with the best look possible... I want in carbon fiber and the sound and the cost are important too... If you have a suggestion or if you saw many exaust on 600rr told me what you think!

·
Registered
131 Posts
roketa said:
My RS-5 is supposed to come in this weekend so I'll be doing the install then. Regarding the installation, do you take off the heat shield or not? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Roketa I sent you a pm, I didn't want to jack the thread

1 - 20 of 27 Posts