Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Has anyone installed a Yoshimura RS5 to a 2009 600rr and used the original tail fender? Or is a tail tidy the only way?

I've just put mine back together and gotten to the tail and it doesn't seem to fit on anymore, the exhaust is lower down than the original so pushes it down, i can force it on but then the exhaust is resting on the fender so surely would melt it!

Thank you

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle

·
Registered
591 Posts
You can't have both without moding the stock fender. And you really don't want to do that. Because it really can get more hideous than it already is.

You need to buy an integrated tail light and one of many license plate options. You'll be glad you did.

Of course in Europe you might be violating a half dozen laws by changing anything on your stock bike but the Yoshi is probably louder than legal so 'in for a penny, in for a pound.'

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello all

Has anyone installed a Yoshimura RS5 to a 2009 600rr and used the original tail fender? Or is a tail tidy the only way?

I've just put mine back together and gotten to the tail and it doesn't seem to fit on anymore, the exhaust is lower down than the original so pushes it down, i can force it on but then the exhaust is resting on the fender so surely would melt it!

Thank you

View attachment 226030
View attachment 226031
Hello all

Thank you

View attachment 226030
View attachment 226031
Yes, I have an RS5 on mine. I had to slot the mounting bracket (where the long bolt goes through) that comes with the Yoshi muffler so I could push the exhaust up to clear the bottom fairing. I remember it was a real bitch as there's no room up under the seat fairing. These exhausts don't get hot enough on the outside to melt plastic though.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I've got an Arrow CF exhaust can that fits with the OE, it took some shaving of the upper part of the mount.
Your Yoshi looks too big to do the same.
Look for Tripage or TST integrated brake light and for the exhaust can there's a lowering link available that sets it all in good position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts