Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2003 cbr600rr and i when i bought it it had the yoshi exhaust but he gave me a two brothers with it and id like to know which is louder. I lover my pipes roaring, i ran no muffler only header pipes on my f4i. Im asking because i dont want to do all the work to check when someone else probably has already. I stay in the east bay area and am also looking for riding buddies if there are any.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Running it without the muffler is a great way to lose performance. It was tuned with it on. The engine will also be running lean without a muffler unless it's retuned.

You may love your pipes roaring, but your engine certainly doesn't. The two brothers is definitely louder.

Posts like these are what makes me highly anxious when buying used bikes.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ewwwww. You want loud? Hook up headphones to an amp, turn it up to max, and by all means liquefy your brain but leave the rest of the people that occupy the road in your vicinity out of your fairyland. Loud pipes are annoying and do nothing useful for the street. How often do you think a straight pipe Harley is cool?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ewwwww. You want loud? Hook up headphones to an amp, turn it up to max, and by all means liquefy your brain but leave the rest of the people that occupy the road in your vicinity out of your fairyland. Loud pipes are annoying and do nothing useful for the street. How often do you think a straight pipe Harley is cool?

I agree & applaud your points completely however that little ray of light will be as lost here as photons in a black hole.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Go double headed dildos!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Go double headed dildos!!!
Is....is that an option?

Also get a 2 bros if you want your bike to sound like you have a megaphone up to your headers. Personally, I'd throw one away before I'd put it on my bike. It has no refinement to the sound, they just went for loudness.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea ppl are saying there is no usefulness about loud pipes but when ppl lane change on top of you that loud ass pipe keeps them in their lane

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Yea ppl are saying there is no usefulness about loud pipes but when ppl lane change on top of you that loud ass pipe keeps them in their lane
I have a loud pipe and no it doesn't. If someone in a car is oblivious to their surroundings, they are going to be oblivious to sounds too.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Is....is that an option?

Also get a 2 bros if you want your bike to sound like you have a megaphone up to your headers. Personally, I'd throw one away before I'd put it on my bike. It has no refinement to the sound, they just went for loudness.
I'll leave that up for your imagination!

Lol loud pipes saves lives advocate!!

All that loud pipes gonna do is piss people off.

·
Registered
862 Posts
So, I slept on this and had a thought. Why spend money on something that's only going to add noise? I say open headers - saves weight, costs nothing, and maximum dBs! Wai wai, NO headers!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
So, I slept on this and had a thought. Why spend money on something that's only going to add noise? I say open headers - saves weight, costs nothing, and maximum dBs! Wai wai, NO headers!
Gandolf the grey has spoken!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Loud pipes definitely save lives, rarely though. Definitely better for lane splitting; but again, still no guarantee that nobody's gonna hit you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.