• Hell NO, I live on my own FOSHO

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of ya'll still live at home with mommy and/or daddy? No offense to some of you, but I am 22 and have my own house and make a honest living for myself and could NOT imagine living at home right now:tard:. I don't understand how some people can live at home with there parents when there in their 20's and even 30's. Doesn't make sense to me. SO, how many of you still live at home and how old are you?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Moved out couple years ago.

Not everyone can get a good paying job and go to school and afford to live on their own.

Especially with the way the economy has been in the last how ever many years.

Some people come from rich families, some from middle or less. Not everyone can be all bad ass like you and have a house at your age.

:bootyshak

I live on my own but I have an apartment. Houses around here are $150K and up.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moved out couple years ago.

Not everyone can get a good paying job and go to school and afford to live on their own.

Especially with the way the economy has been in the last how ever many years.

Some people come from rich families, some from middle or less. Not everyone can be all bad ass like you and have a house at your age.

:bootyshak

I live on my own but I have an apartment. Houses around here are $150K and up.
ha, when I moved out, I was only making $13/hour. However I had no debt really. My house is like $170k, but my fiance lives with me, so that helps out a lot. I went through two apartments before I could get a house:wave:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just graduated from college. I am currently stayin at my parents place until I have my college loan paid off. Should only take a few more months then I'm moving out.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yea, I live at home. You gotta understand though, I have to support my parents (give money every month) as they don't make as much as I do (I'm a senior software engineer). I also live in SoCal and work next to LAX so to buy a house close there probably costs 500K easily. A year or 2 years ago, it would be over that amount. Also some people say rent, but fvck, who would rent an apartment for $1500, and that is a studio? Might as well save up down payment for a house which is what I'm doing now.

·
Moto GSpizzle
7,778 Posts
lived on my own for a year. spent 6 months in utah and couldnt do it anymore.
moved back and got a place for another 6 months and was going to school full time so everything became way too much so i moved back home.
when i finish school il be back out fo sho.
having room mates (aka, Rents) blows

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm 21 and live at home still. I'm going to college to become an electrical engineer. I don't have any debt except student loans so I'm living at home so I don't have to focus on making money to pay for a house, but focus on school so I can get good grades and get a good job.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I want to go back home. Car payment to high house payment too much and kids don't stop eating. But overall happiness don't come cheap. 31yrs old.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm 21 and live at home still. I'm going to college to become an electrical engineer. I don't have any debt except student loans so I'm living at home so I don't have to focus on making money to pay for a house, but focus on school so I can get good grades and get a good job.
This may suck at times but it is the smart way to go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's a lot easier when you live in Bumblefcuk Indiana i'm sure.. come to NY when your house costs $500k+.. and property tax alone is $1k a month..

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a lot easier when you live in Bumblefcuk Indiana i'm sure.. come to NY when your house costs $500k+.. and property tax alone is $1k a month..

true true..my property tax is like 4400 a year, but it is getting cut in half in June:icon_lol:....Average house here is like 145k

·
Registered
80 Posts
haha Ciber that sounds like NY too.. $145k might get you a studio aka closet somewhere in the outskirts of normal society..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts