Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a couple weeks ago I rode about an hour to an old friends house to go for a ride, hes got an old Nighthawk 750. I get there and he comes out to check out my new ride (only had it for about 2 weeks).

This is a very good friend of mine, one who I trust to ride my bike, and repair it if he damaged it.

So, I hold my hand out with the key and offer it up to him....

He instantly refused.

I realized, this guy must be one of the truest friends ive had, he explained, that though hed LOVE to ride a 600, he simply isnt ready for it and does not want that kind of responsibility.

Just an interesting story, I have so many people ask to ride my bike and I decline all of them... Then the one guy I trust to take care of it, declines!

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Thats pretty cool. I wouldnt ride anyones bike unless either I was completely willing to pay for any damage done should something bad happen, or if the owner was completely willing to assume full responsibility for any damage done, including to myself (assuming a mechanical failure here, and not ass-hattedness)

·
Registered
103 Posts
that's a true friend, i never rode another person bike, and i expect the same as well, :D
he's a keeper, you should marry him :bootyshak:haha::eek:hyeah::nana:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nah cus im totally against butt2nutz riding.
You said he had his own motorcycle anyways. :crackup:

I wont even give my friends the options, even if they have ridden. I have a few friends that do track days every so often, but will never offer up the key. My baby has one ass to mold to, and thats mine. After I sell it and get the cash, thats a different story - but until then... :gun1:

D

·
0 Posts
Haha, and my friends call me an ******* and say I'm not a true friend when I threaten to swallow my key so they lose all chances of riding my bike.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
i thought this was going to be an ongoing thread like,
you know you have true friends when______
1. you get bit on the ass by a rattlesnake and they suck the poison out,
2. you get bluballs and they offer to help relieve you...

something to that effect. oh well...kudos

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Haha, and my friends call me an ******* and say I'm not a true friend when I threaten to swallow my key so they lose all chances of riding my bike.
Should be pretty easy for you... Kinda like swallowing a cock.... right?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
:haha:
Should be pretty easy for you... Kinda like swallowing a cock.... right?
:crackup: damn you just made my night that was too funny I can't wait to see what D has to say but Anyway
I only let my best friend ride my bike and she lets me ride hers so its cool and we have an understanding that whoever crashes the others has to lend their bike until it is fixed

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Great story meng.

Some of you guys are a little paranoid. I've let multiple friends i trust ride my bike; a couple of good chick friends, and maybe 3 other guys. One chick even borrowed my bike for an entire week. all of them know how to ride well, and if they crash it all I ask is that they pay the deductible of my insurance to or whatever it takes to get the bike fixed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
respectable. Most of my friends are willing to pay for (if they damaged) my bike. Usually i just let friends with m1 license and some experience of riding. but they usually puss out because my baby kicks and pulls if you don't know her like i do :D

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I dont have any riding friends. Hell, i dont have any friends anymore really. Well anyone i call a friend, besides my gf.

All my friends decided to go off and smoke pot all the time or become assholes. Which i didnt want to do either of those things.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Definitely a responsible friend it sounds like...

My coworker joined the Marines and is being deployed and I have custody of his 08 VFR800 for the next year and he wants me to "keep it running..." I hate just the very thought of me taking it for a quick ride down my private road and something happening.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That's pretty cool. Good thing he knows his limitations. Too many people don't and end up on the ground.

I always trade bikes with my buddies, but they all have 600's and 1000's so it won't catch them off guard like some newbies.

My favourite line from people is "Can I ride your bike." "No." "But I've ridden dirt bikes". :crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
<So, I hold my hand out with the key and offer it up to him....

He instantly refused.

I realized, this guy must be one of the truest friends ive had, he explained, that though hed LOVE to ride a 600, he simply isnt ready for it and does not want that kind of responsibility.>

I don't believe you have sufficient data points to conclude that the dude is your true friend. It seems your definition of true friend is over simplified.

Maybe he refused it because he knows you gonna fu&k him real good if he fu&ked up. Are you physically bigger or meaner than him?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've only had stupid people ASK to ride my bike. One guys walks in to my friends house with another guy, says "hey man, that your bike *sips beer* could I ride it?" I died laughing at him. Now I have a co worker who rides Aprilla 125's and just crazy odd ball **** you dont see in the US often, real expensive/custom bikes. I offered my key the first day I had it cause I knew he was good for it. He refused.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts