Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from an employee of mcn...

"MCN’s world’s first group test of three of the most exciting bikes of all time has a clear winner – Honda’s new CBR1000RR FireBlade has taken the crown as king of the latest litre-class superbikes.

That’s our initial verdict after performance testing on closed roads, riding the Kawasaki ZX-10R, Suzuki GSX-R1000 and Blade back-to-back on British roads and getting them all on the dyno.

Our test team place the Blade at the top for: " Having a truly sorted package that any rider of any skill can make use of. "

Our bhp shootout gave top spot to Kawasaki’s ZX-10R… and the bike with the biggest torque remains the GSX-R1000.

It is incredibly close at the top of this superbike tree. For example, the standing quarter acceleration times of the three bikes are all within .05 of a second of each other.

Read the full and exclusive story and check out all the figures, from standing quarter to top speed and braking times only in MCN out on Wednesday, February 4, 2004."

:rocker:

*this test appears to not have included the new r1, but i imagine the 1000rr will receive higher ratings than it also.*

They voted the new Fireblade the winner with 93 % the GSXR1000 92% and trailing the ZX-10 with 91%

Dyno Runs

Suzuki 144.4 @ 10,600 / 74.8 ft-lb @ 9600
Honda 146.6 @ 11,000 /73.9 ft-lb @ 8600
Kawasaki [email protected] 11,600 / 74.6 ft-lb @ 9400

Standing ½

Kawasaki 142.81 Mph 10.50s
Suzuki 140.54 10.55s
Honda 141.27 10.55s

Top Speed

Kawasaki 179.8/ 31s
Suzuki 179.03 / 32s
Honda 150 /12.53 * Test abandoned due to ice

Braking from 70-0 Mph

Kawasaki 50.101m /3.88s
Suzuki 53.783m / 3.4s
Honda 50.247m / 3.74

Top gear roll on 40-120 Mph

Kawasaki 365.35m / 10.4s
Suzuki 354.29m /10s
Honda 416.97m / 11.7s

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its funny how they voted the Kawasaki last place even though it beat the Honda in everything.... hmmm

Performance wise, those things are so close its crazy.. best looking bike wins.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Im sure that such things that cant be quantified like how it feels handling etc are taken into consideration. Raw numbers are not enough to win the race.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have to say it, but if the sexiest bike must win its going to be the Yammi. That thing is just beautiful. They are all going to be WAY too much bike though.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I got 2 mags in the mail today. Sport Rider and Motor Cyclist and they both gave it great reviews. Plus I saw an all black one our riding on sunday and it was sweet!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Up on Palomar mtn in San diego. I guess honda has a few they let employees and very lucky people take them out on rides. That's what the guy said. His friend who was with him worked for honda. But i guess it gets it seen. People were all around it. It looked sweet. All black.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I used to think the new R1 killed em all as far as styling and thought Honda dropped the ball with the 1kRR. After seeing both in person at a bike show I'd have to say the Honda looked better in person and the Yamaha worse. Both look awesome however. You could hear all sorts of folks around the Yamaha complaining about the look of the rear end. If it were a woman she'd commit suicide over it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bklyn-rr said:
I used to think the new R1 killed em all as far as styling and thought Honda dropped the ball with the 1kRR. After seeing both in person at a bike show I'd have to say the Honda looked better in person and the Yamaha worse. Both look awesome however. You could hear all sorts of folks around the Yamaha complaining about the look of the rear end. If it were a woman she'd commit suicide over it.
Yea, I saw both at a bike show here in Atlanta and had the same impression. The Yammie photographs better than the 1Krr, but in person the 1000 looks better than it's press photos. Comparing the two side by side I would almost say I like them the same now, the R1 is maybe more organicly styled than I like, and the CBR isn't differentiated enough from my 600RR. I couldn't sit on the 1000RR, but I did sit on the R1. I like the seating position of that much better than my 600. I think it might be a more comfortable bike for me too. A Buddy of mine that has never riden before is oogling the bike and I'm trying to talk him into a SV650. He asked what I thought of the R1 and my comment was "everything about that bike is designed to seduce you into a burning nasty death... Think of it as a Succubus or a hot Vampire".

·
Registered
461 Posts
Any of those bikes is more than enough for anyone on this board.

so to get one and then say your bike is better, is just dumb.

anyways, im a gixxer fan, but man the new front style SUCKS ****! that single headlight is so FUGLY, but they mail the tail nicer.

overall, i think the Kawi made the most improvements. I think they should take the 636rr and make the zx-7r just like it. give the Gix 750 some competition

the r-1, its getting too futuristic. looks like a toy to me, not a bike....

cbr, its alright looking, but nothing jumps out at me.

:wink:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its funny how they voted the Kawasaki last place even though it beat the Honda in everything....
Not everything... what about the top speed. * Test abandoned due to ice ....

·
Registered
283 Posts
seeing as the times are marginal at best, it really does come down to how the bike feels, and as far as a comfortable litre bike.... that's a mistake, that's just troube waiting to happen, be comfortable on a cruiser a bmw a duci monster, but I don't think you should feel "comfy" on a sport bike, maybe I'm too conservative cuz of racin dirt and various cages but I like when my bike tells me when I do somthing she dosn't like, and makes me feel every inch of the ground, and keeps me awake with responses from my inapt human reflexes, if a bike with the kind of power that the R1 has is comfortable.... this spring is gonna be interesting. just my thoughts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yammi seems to be laggin gettin the new R1 into the hands of the media folks. They must know that the sooner the Media gets to give a review the better it is for the sell of the bike. I got the Motorcyclist and Sportrider too, No R1. But they had plenty of details on the 1kRR and the ZX-10R.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think the R1 this year is goign to be a poser bike. People want it because it looks cool, not that it works well. And if you really wanted those pipes you could have got a honda intercepter.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mabbottusmc said:
I think the R1 this year is goign to be a poser bike. People want it because it looks cool, not that it works well. And if you really wanted those pipes you could have got a honda intercepter.
very much agreed. a shitload of guys on the r1 forum have put down payments on them and they have no idea how the bike is yet. it could be a total piece of ****. i also am thinking that yamaha does not want to lose all these presales by letting the mags test the bike and finding out it is not as good as the kwak and honda. i know two people with yamaha's and they are both complete pieces of ****. to each their own i guess.

it seems that every single yamaha board i have come across has multiple class action lawsuits in the process for manufacturing flaws in the bikes, and to think that is after most of the models have been out for at least 3 years!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't rate the bikes on those stats, MCN obviously didn't. They would rate them on all the important facts. Handling ...Handling ..and Handling.. It's no good having all that go if it carn't get round the 1st corner. Also note that the weather in the UK for the last 6 weeks has been constantly aweful for riding.. We've had constant rain for 3 weeks followed by ice and snow followed by more rain than Noah had to deal with. not sure how they did the test in this. I'll prefer reading a test done on a scorching summerday as thats when most of us do our finest riding. I think the R1 will be hard to beat.. since it got fuel injected it got 5 stars in my book.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts