Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I wasn't gonna post this but After a week I still find myself laughing about it, So I'm gonna share.

It's been quite a while since I had a good "noob moment" , so I guess I had this one comming to me.

Last weekend me and my friend put some LED's on his wifes' Uncles VTX. Well, we went to deliver his uncle the bike and when he went to give him the keys I was waiting on my bike. He was taking some time to get back and I was starting to sweat ballz in my leathers standing still in the sun.
HERES THE GOOD PART!

I got the bike running (neutral),right foot on the ground,left foot on the peg and no hands on the bars.
I go to put the kickstand down and hit the shifter instead :tool:

The bike lunges forward and bucks me backwards like i'm on a mechanical bull, scared the sh1t out of me!!!!! it took all I had not to let it hit the ground because I was laughing my azz off trying to hold it up, but at least I was able to keep it from falling.

We got a good laugh out of it and I'm still laughing about it a week later but as soon as it happened it scared the sh1t out of me at first.....
I felt like a total noob!!!!

Go ahead laugh cause I think it was funny as sh1t!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Screw laughing, I would be mortified. Im one of those guys that goes lunging across the parking lot if I see someone near my bike that might scratch it. To thought of my baby hitting the ground is enough to.....enough to.... *sniff*, I cant bear the thought.....

·
Registered
860 Posts
That happened to me a few days after I got mine, but at a red light. The neutral light was on and I felt the shifter even go into neutral, but apparently it was in between, so as soon as I stopped, it lunged hard left, but luckily I kept it up, and didn't go into the intersection.

·
Registered
275 Posts
lol crotch rocket! It only took you 4 minutes to find that picture and post that response!...thats some speedy internet surfing. I laughed my ass off when I scrolled down to your post because I was JUST thinking of the same thing. haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts