Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks i have noticed lately a trend of over welcoming our new members this is a practice that has been carried away by a lot of current members that want access to the classified asap :cursin:

As of today this practice will not be tolerated or allowed its not fair for the contributing members and the non contributing members to have the same privileage just because you want to sell your parts does not give you the right to take an easy route & put all your posts in the new members section saying welcome to dot .net i am sure you can invest more of your time into benefting this community of ours :banger:

Its very easy for us mods and admins to find such posts and will delete them as soon as we see them and your post count will get a decrease and your access will get taken away i hope you do understand and see the reasoning behind such practice if not oh well i am sorry to piss you off :crackup:

yeah and one more issue like Mixar said :director:Quit Bumping 2 year old threads :evil3: Thanks Mixar for the reminder and bringing that issue up :thumbup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
What about ending the 'do a search' replies to EVERY thread? That'd be pretty cool.

If you could end the hostility on this website it would be a lot more enjoyable and useful.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about ending the 'do a search' replies to EVERY thread? That'd be pretty cool.

If you could end the hostility on this website it would be a lot more enjoyable and useful.
Great idea :shakehand will mention it to **Stew ** the site's Main Administrator :banger:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts

it will not ever end bro. cancel your account make a new one and start fresh and this time dont ask stupid >?'s<

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts

click the link in my sig, read it, Don't bump it since it's hella old though. Unless Moe wants to Re-sticky it, but I don't things are as bad as they were.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
thats a lot of reading. Where is the executive summary?

Your pen1s does not grow in proportion to how rude you are on forums. In fact, it probably just makes it smaller.

And while Sarcasm is always an appreciated and hysterical form of communication, remember tones of voice do not exist in text.

Don't be a jerk, nobody will like you.

Contribute to the forum in whatever way you can, even if its not technical knowledge, it can be a good question that helps others learn, it can be actively helping other members with non-motorcycle knowledge, or just helping setup Get togethers and meets.

This site, in particular amongst forums, is not just 1's and 0's on a server, it is a community, just remember, you wouldn't be a **** to your friends on your couch, and you wouldn't scream at your neighbor over a newspaper in the wrong spot on your lawn.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
yea there really needs to be a sarcasm font. lets make up one. like putting the first and last letters in itallics if you are being sarcastic. ie. ilike nerHo cuz he is french

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm relatively new here, so I'm unaware how things were a while back.. Being a new comer, it's definitely the most hostile of forums I go to, however it's a CBR forum and I like having this place for a resource. I've used the search feature before, and unless you strike that magic word combination you will have difficulty finding the information, not to mention if you do happen to find a thread that pertains to your subject, if it doesn't answer your question - you create a thread and the same 10 members will say do a seach and offer no information? Someone usually comes along and helps out with an answer anyway, which is how it should be. But I avoid creating new threads here for that reason.

Graphite I will check that thread out after this post.

Dep: I can't detect your sarcasm, if there is any. But this is the perfect example. Really, that's what you felt like offering for advice?

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Graphite I will check that thread out after this post.

Dep: I can't detect your sarcasm, if there is any. But this is the perfect example. Really, that's what you felt like offering for advice?

You should totally give it a read man, its an oldie but goodie.

And in regards to Dep, he and I both spend a lot of Time in the Office Monkey thread, which is built on sarcasm, so he's actually being serious about the font.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sarcasm is difficult to detect until you are familiar with the member. LOL

Just gave your thread a good read through. It's spot on man.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts

NOPE, not gonna happen. THATS what people get when they dont use common sense.

and you know what? if you wanna know why that wont be changed... use the search button !! :crackup:
read the rules and learn how to use the forum.

there's no justifying the waste of resources just because someone wants to ask, what exhaust to get, how to wash their bike, what HID color, what OIL, etc. every other week.

enjoy:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Then I am not sure why this is a forum? Why not just turn this into a Tech CBR website with how-to's and documented information?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
i used to post a lot of houston240sx.com. for me that was the worst forum for a$$holes and whatnot. this forum is super nice compared to them.

i agree about the do a search post tho. especially when the search function does not work as well as it should.

i guess if you are in a thread where it is known that ppl are being dix just for fun and whatnot its different. but having a sure method to let someone know you are being sarcastic would help eliminate misunderstandings.
until i find a better way i am going to adopt the itallics thing...

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
zilvia.net is also way worse.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Then I am not sure why this is a forum? Why not just turn this into a Tech CBR website with how-to's and documented information?
there is a lot more here than just tech and info tho bro. check out the off topic section and post up with the 'whores' tech talk gets boring after a while and how else to get to know somebody better than to bs with them on other subjects.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i used to post a lot of houston240sx.com. for me that was the worst forum for a$$holes and whatnot. this forum is super nice compared to them.

i agree about the do a search post tho. especially when the search function does not work as well as it should.

i guess if you are in a thread where it is known that ppl are being dix just for fun and whatnot its different. but having a sure method to let someone know you are being sarcastic would help eliminate misunderstandings.
until i find a better way i am going to adopt the itallics thing...

I agree. And for those who complain about repeat threads, how about they just DON'T respond and let the thread die? I mean, if something clearly irritates me and it's happening over and over again, I'm going to ignore it and contribute elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts