Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
it looks like it did happen in NC...can someone find out what dealership it was at? Thanks a lot. I don't want to get burned too.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Be sure you put your bike back to stock before the trade in. Sell the parts that wont swapover and you might make up what you lose on the trade in deficit.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JetBlast10 said:
Be sure you put your bike back to stock before the trade in. Sell the parts that wont swapover and you might make up what you lose on the trade in deficit.
I fully intend to do that so there should be some very nice mods for sale soon...and cheap. Anyway, I actually spoke to a lawyer just to get some advice and his initial feeling was that at the very least I should be able to recover the remaining payoff amount from the dealership or aquire a new bike as an even trade. I don't know if this was just smoke up my arse or if there is a legitimate claim here. I would be more than happy with a generous trade in offer and the 1k at cost, but perhaps it is worth looking into.

C

·
0 Posts
When I said "take the Akra"...I really did mean TAKE it. LOL. No money over here.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Dude that sucks man in a way at least. Now i'm strating to worry about my bike because i left it at the dealership because they tried to charge me double then what i was quoted. So i have to wait till monday to talk to the service advisor.

Hey man Congrats on the new 1kRR.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Though I do like when service places do take the bike out for a "reasonable" spin to test out the work they did etc and be sure nothing else is wrong. Though busting a wheelie at 100MPH on the freeway aint that reasonable though =P

·
Registered
494 Posts
Damn man, that's crazy! I agree with the other posts though... You should try to either get some money out of them or get them to replace the bike, and then never do business with them again. Don't buy a 1000RR from them, even at dealer cost. This is a tactic bad businesses have been using for decades and they always end up winning in the end. If they sell you a new bike, they write you off as another satisfied customer and none of your story has any pull.

I'm glad my honda dealer is located right on a busy highway that is highly patrolled. Won't see technicians pulling any wheelies around here. :p

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm glad I have a friend that used to own a bike shop that helps me with whatever work I need done. I very rarely turn the key's to my cage and my bike to anyone I don't know. I won't even let someone else park my car. This story is the prime example of why. Good share. THanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts