Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into buying a 600RR. Im a honda fanatic I own a 04' RSX type S and a 91' SI, BUt im in the military and i left my cars at home and i don't want the miles of driving it across the country. Now that im looking for a bike this is the one that caught my eye. I just started to ride, well i've only riden a street bike twice (well a two wheel bike, i grew up riding quads). I rode my friends GSXR 600. I just got back from my local deal and they're selling their 600RR at $9,150 out the door. I'm in a military town so i was wondering if this was too much. Hey guys thanks for any help.
P.S. im not looking to go 300 MPH im looking to do track style riding
thanks -schyluar

·
Registered
965 Posts
Worst bike ever, poopy poopy machine.. ugly, slow and cant even beat a ninja 500 in a race.. :D lol

j/k.. I love it, comfy, smooth, beautiful and fast :)

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I could not be happier with my decision to buy a 600rr. It is a great bike and just damn fun! Gets a 10+ in the styling dept. too.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
great bike, stable, smooth, sexy. the price is a tad high though. try to get them to throw in a helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, boots, GEAR! and dont let them get you too much on that "set up" fee. its bs. the bikes arrive nearly assembled, there isnt $1200 worth of work to go into it. its just a way to pad the price.

second thought, if its your first bike, and you're dead set on a 600 rather than a 500 or smaller (my personal recomendation), get a used one. you're probably gonna drop it a couple times, and it sucks dropping a $10,000 brand new bike, when you could get a used 05 for quite a bit less, and you wont feel so bad when you scratch it up. (05 and 06 are the same, but 06 doesnt come with the tool kit anyways, which is actually kinda handy.

---i know from experience, i bought mine brand new with almost no experience like you, and dropped it twice in two weeks.---

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
schyluar said:
Im looking into buying a 600RR. Im a honda fanatic I own a 04' RSX type S and a 91' SI, BUt im in the military and i left my cars at home and i don't want the miles of driving it across the country. Now that im looking for a bike this is the one that caught my eye. I just started to ride, well i've only riden a street bike twice (well a two wheel bike, i grew up riding quads). I rode my friends GSXR 600. I just got back from my local deal and they're selling their 600RR at $9,150 out the door. I'm in a military town so i was wondering if this was too much. Hey guys thanks for any help.
P.S. im not looking to go 300 MPH im looking to do track style riding
thanks -schyluar
If you are in Southern California look up LACycleSports. They'll get you a better OTD price on a 600RR. I paid 8999 OTD for my 05 in March of last year.

I'll let you know how it is on the track when I face the 06 Yamahas and Suzuki's next month :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also agree you should look at a used bike, with very little 2 wheel experience you will be certain to drop it at least once, I dropped my bike the first damn day and I have quite a bit if dirtbike experience, I cant even descrice to you the pain I felt mentally dropping a bike with 30 miles on it, and be careful lot of bike for new rider

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid $8700 otd in Delray Beach for leftover 2005, and nobody in fla thatI talked to was willing to beat that price, so I feel you are not too far out of the ballpark

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Agree on "first bike" recommendations above. Having said that...

(Racer/track-only perspective)

PROS
- Solid handling, once it's flicked over...
- Smooth, strong motor
- Good stock suspension, although not as great as GSXR
- Of the 600s, it's probably the one that needs a steering damper the least
- Probably the most street-worthy of the 600s

CONS
- ...just takes a bit more effort (compared to other 600s) to flick it over!
- B!tch to wrench on; simple tasks like re-installing rear wheel or adding coolant require far too much effort
- Heavy (03-04 model, 05-06 model compares more favorably to other 600s)
- Typical Honduh styling (which is to say, boring, just like their cars, sorry ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again, Im still thinking about getting a new one though. if i were to spend more than 3 g's on a bike i'd rather just go all the way.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I was looking at getting an R6 before I came across the RR. Im glad I ended up w/ the RR. I dont have alot to compare it to (only ridden my friends 03 R6) but at this point I dont think I would be as happy w/ any other bike

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I cannot say enough good things about the CBR600RR. It is the finest machine I have ever driven..........it pays me back it's purchase price every time I ride.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Styling is definitely the best of the 600 class. The undertail is sweet and the overall appearance is awesome in my eyes. Plenty of power as Im sure you know if your on this forum and comfortable! Im about 225 and it holds me nice even when Im fully suited. All around great bike!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
If you are in Southern California look up LACycleSports. They'll get you a better OTD price on a 600RR. I paid 8999 OTD for my 05 in March of last year.

I'll let you know how it is on the track when I face the 06 Yamahas and Suzuki's next month :)
I saw that ad too, pretty cool deal
Hey goodluck on the race, Brian

1 - 20 of 27 Posts