Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup Everyone,

I'm new to the world of sport bikes and am currently looking for my first bike (used):

I came across one and wanted to know your feedback (Private seller - not dealership):

2004 Honda CBR 600 RR - Black - Mere mint condition (Sorry no photos at hand)
3700 Miles - on Odometer
Yoshimura Exhaust
Frame Sliders
Lowered
Never been downed
Price: $4800 (hoping for OBO)
The guy is local to me with phone number and availability to inspect bike

The price seems extremely good (or is it? Where im from) considering the mere mint condition.....so I'm a little skeptical.

Any feedback or words of advice? Any specific details or inspections I need to know to verify the bike's reliability? I do have a friend of over 16 yrs riding experience to help me out. But I guess it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.

Thanks ahead.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I suppose that's a pretty good deal. I got my 04 back in December, totally stock with 1325 miles on it for $3500. The only thing was it had some scratches on the left fairing and stator cover, which looked like it had been laid down once, but the damage wasn't bad at all. You can barely notice it from looking at it now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose that's a pretty good deal. I got my 04 back in December, totally stock with 1325 miles on it for $3500. The only thing was it had some scratches on the left fairing and stator cover, which looked like it had been laid down once, but the damage wasn't bad at all. You can barely notice it from looking at it now.
A little over priced then?

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
The price seems pretty good...but i'd try for $4500 if you can.

The only thing i would be suspicious of is the low miles on it. I mean with the mods it has with the low miles, just seems unusual. If it was completely stock i can see someone buying it and it just sitting there for years. Did the current owner buy it brand new?

·
Registered
463 Posts
The reason I got it so cheap was because of the scratches, and the dealership couldn't sell it (I bought it from a Jeep dealer). They said it's been sitting in their shop for 3 months, and nobody bought it, so they put it on eBay (where I found it). Reason mine had such low mileage on it was because the previous owner was in the military, and most likely got deployed after he bought it. Don't know the full details, but I just know he was in the Air Force or something.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Maybe in Cali... Here on the east coast I see the 05 body style for for $4,500.00

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
^^^ wow really?

You can get an 07 around here for $6,000.00

Damn, wanna buy a bike ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
In my areA fairfax va that bike would easily be 6500
Way too many rich mofos for one city. I used to live over by GMU's Fairfax campus. When I look through bikes on craigslist, it definitely seems like all the ads for Northern Virginia are asking at least $1000 too much, haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The price seems pretty good...but i'd try for $4500 if you can.

The only thing i would be suspicious of is the low miles on it. I mean with the mods it has with the low miles, just seems unusual. If it was completely stock i can see someone buying it and it just sitting there for years. Did the current owner buy it brand new?
I believe the he is the first owner. I'll need to confirm with him. As was thinking a price between $4000~4500. It's pretty expensive around SoCal but ive seen cheaper....but with about 15000-23000 miles.

Thanks for all the input guys.

·
Registered
254 Posts
In my areA fairfax va that bike would easily be 6500
Way too many rich mofos for one city. I used to live over by GMU's Fairfax campus. When I look through bikes on craigslist, it definitely seems like all the ads for Northern Virginia are asking at least $1000 too much, haha.
Not trying to be a douche or anything, but I'm from MD right outside DC and for a good year I was CONSTANTLY on CL looking for bikes. An 04 600RR would rarely be above 5k. I've actually found the pricing to be pretty good since there are usually a lot of bikes on CL in the metropolitan area so there is some "competition" if you want to call it that.

I got an '05 636 in close to mint condition with 5k miles on it last June for 5 grand.

But anyways, as previously suggested, try $4500 with the guy, possibly lower.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not trying to be a douche or anything, but I'm from MD right outside DC and for a good year I was CONSTANTLY on CL looking for bikes. An 04 600RR would rarely be above 5k. I've actually found the pricing to be pretty good since there are usually a lot of bikes on CL in the metropolitan area so there is some "competition" if you want to call it that.

I got an '05 636 in close to mint condition with 5k miles on it last June for 5 grand.

But anyways, as previously suggested, try $4500 with the guy, possibly lower.
You're definitely right about there being a lot of listings for the DC area on craigslist. But I don't think many people on selling their bikes on craigslist care much about competitive pricing. Since listing ads is free and you can repost ads as many times as you want after they expire, you can just ride it out and see if you get any bites from dummies willing to pay too much. I sold one of my cars on craigslist using that strategy and made away with some good money.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Just a little tidbit for ya... your gonna find a lot of people sayin... "well for this much more you can get the 05'/06'... or for this much more the 07'/08' ..." since this is your first bike, if you can confirm that the bike really does have the low k's he says it has (very possible) and that it has been properly maintained, I think you will be quite happy with it. Sure the newer models have some upgrades that warrant the extra cash, but I would suggest trying to get him down some on the price and use the extra cash you saved by not buying newer.... and use it towards gear and maybe some mods. Good luck in whatever you decide!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Just a little tidbit for ya... your gonna find a lot of people sayin... "well for this much more you can get the 05'/06'... or for this much more the 07'/08' ..." since this is your first bike, if you can confirm that the bike really does have the low k's he says it has (very possible) and that it has been properly maintained, I think you will be quite happy with it. Sure the newer models have some upgrades that warrant the extra cash, but I would suggest trying to get him down some on the price and use the extra cash you saved by not buying newer.... and use it towards gear and maybe some mods. Good luck in whatever you decide!
no no we weren't saying for [this] much more you can get this.

We were saying for the SAME PRICE you can get [this]

Don't pay XXX just because when you can get a bike that is newer, with better technology and weighs less for the same price (IMO the weight being the big thing especially for a newer rider).

If you want to save money go find that same bike for $4,500.00

1 - 18 of 18 Posts