Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned any bike what so ever. But, I found a bike a guy must sell due to a divorce. A 08 1000rr, in very good shape n low miles. He only wants about 3,000 for it, about payoff I guess. Should I take it even though I don't know how to ride?

K

·
0 Posts
pass on it unless you know how to ride very well. by the sounds of it, you don't.

unless you plan to resell it. then buy it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Exactly what I was thinking, but hey maybe the guy really does have to get rid of it for divorce ****. I mean it could possibly happen I think lol. HOpefully that is!
3k for an 08 1krr sounds like a scam, no matter what the case.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true...

...it's because it is. You do not want to learn to ride on a litre bike, and you don't want to get scammed either. Is this someone you know?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
scam...Ive seen this exact same thing on CL. Who would sell that bike for 3gs when he can easily get 8gs for it?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Because you won't be getting a title when you buy it!

Tell them that yea you'll take it, he needs to go pay it off and get the title, then you will come look at both! Make sure the title is legit, make sure the VIN matches. Guarantee it's a scam!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because you won't be getting a title when you buy it!

Tell them that yea you'll take it, he needs to go pay it off and get the title, then you will come look at both! Make sure the title is legit, make sure the VIN matches. Guarantee it's a scam!!!
I'm going to take your advice on this one.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I hope so man, there are some many scams out there, hate to see one of our own get taken by one!

Either that or ask him to e-mail, or tell you the VIN, then simply stop a local cop and ask them to run it. If it's clean, double check the VIN against what's on the bike. And MAKE SURE THE VIN hasn't been tampered with!!!!

I'm willing to bet he won't give you the VIN!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope so man, there are some many scams out there, hate to see one of our own get taken by one!

Either that or ask him to e-mail, or tell you the VIN, then simply stop a local cop and ask them to run it. If it's clean, double check the VIN against what's on the bike. And MAKE SURE THE VIN hasn't been tampered with!!!!

I'm willing to bet he won't give you the VIN!
I'll do that. I just figured its worth a shot to see if its real lol. I need a bike and that'd be a good one if it was legit to buy and sell. I was going to get a ninja 250r, but the rate i'm gaining weight. I'd be going 60 wide open. I've found a few other smaller bikes I'm looking into as well. Just sucks looking online for a bike and figuring out if its legit or not.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Oh I'm with ya man!!! completely understand!

But I'd hate to say it, it's a scam...

Usually they say that it's the wife that is selling the bike because they are getting a divorce...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I'm with ya man!!! completely understand!

But I'd hate to say it, it's a scam...

Usually they say that it's the wife that is selling the bike because they are getting a divorce...
I can see where ya coming from. Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll ever fiind one. :icon_lol:

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Lets see the ad.

People are so gullible.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds like a scam. There was a warning on craigs list today about a woman divorcing her husband and selling his bike cheap. She would say the bike was somewhere else in storage and she would pay to have is shipped to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeh I don't remember where the ad is. And for one I'd never pay for a bike without having the title and seeing the bike in person. So I guess I'd be a bad person to sell to.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Maybe he realized how ugly the 08 1000rr is and thinks nobody would even want to buy it anyways so he is selling it really cheap?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts