Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going through my laptop and strayed across this picture of my friend's bike which I took a while back (sorry it's not recent). In our idiocy we (being the club I am part of here in SA) took it upon ourselves to shed some light on his riding style. Having had his bike for a mere couple of weeks he believed he was the best and the fastest on his bike. Having nearly killed us all during one breakfast run or another we advised him to slow it down....needless to say he thought better and instead on the way home did 220kmph+ into a stationary Jetta. The poor guy he hit races formula one and had never been in an accident in his life and all of a sudden got boosted forward before seeing a bike rider dangling from his window.

For all of us who ride, we should never forget that no matter how many track days we do, how many miles we put on various bikes or how many years we've been riding, that we are not invincible and that we are never to old/young to learn from what others say.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We don't ride with him anymore and stopped about a week before his accident. During that week all sat down with him in our own time and explained why and on the Friday he had the accident just after we said to him, you really need to slow down... but you're right about the ego.

·
Registered
668 Posts
We don't ride with him anymore and stopped about a week before his accident. During that week all sat down with him in our own time and explained why and on the Friday he had the accident just after we said to him, you really need to slow down... but you're right about the ego.
That's good. I just had to say because I took in a guy to ride with me and my buddies and what bugged me was he always passes the leading rider or who ever is in fron of him hes always too close. One day me and him just went for a ride and he nearly cliped me from my right side. From there on I told him next time you do that again I can't ride with you. You can put your self in danger but don't bring me into it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's good. I just had to say because I took in a guy to ride with me and my buddies and what bugged me was he always passes the leading rider or who ever is in fron of him hes always too close. One day me and him just went for a ride and he nearly cliped me from my right side. From there on I told him next time you do that again I can't ride with you. You can put your self in danger but don't bring me into it.
No understood. We now have what we call the "Mark Rule" (Mark was the owner of this bike).

The Mark Rule is as follows when you ride like an idiot and you want to ride with us, you either stay 5kms ahead or five behind.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
This whole time I'm in amazement that he's alright!?!?

220kph is like 136mph.......strait into the back of a Jetta???

WTF? One would think that would fukc someones sh!t up

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No lies... some road rash and a concussion and that's it. Okay, alright he couldn't think straight for a couple of days, but that's about the damage. I know it's bad of me, but I seriously wanted him to break something, just so that he would learn from his mistake....

·
Registered
796 Posts
No lies... some road rash and a concussion and that's it. Okay, alright he couldn't think straight for a couple of days, but that's about the damage. I know it's bad of me, but I seriously wanted him to break something, just so that he would learn from his mistake....
Wha?? Until this post I had the impression that he died. Wow, that should be a pretty loud wake up call for your friend. Was the guy in the jetta injured?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No he's still breathing...he's decided he's not going to ride anymore, unless it's on track...I think that's safer for us all.

The guy in the car, had a bit of neck strain but that was about it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
some people never learn.... some people just have to learn the hard way

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
does ur friend still think he's "fast"? :sign10:

that's why i've stopped riding with douchebags. they can get you and other people hurt thinking they are the "best" on their bikes.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah he still thinks he's the fastest. He's written off two more cars since then both due to speed. Now he's dumped his fiance and I hear, through the grape vine, he's getting another bike, a 750 this time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.