Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's it like on the road?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It’s winter here in Canada, haven’t even ridden the bike yet. Just got it in November. Can’t wait for spring though! I’d imagine it’d be really nice especially on highway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
ZG corsa is about 3" taller than stock.

ZG DB is about 1.5" taller than stock.

Corsa is much better/smoother than stock at high speed.

I think you'll be happy with it!

Watch out though, you can get some sun focusing/lensing to occur, search OTF for "melted gauge cluster"

Maybe cover your cluster when parked in the sun....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Watch out though, you can get some sun focusing/lensing to occur, search OTF for "melted gauge cluster"

I keep my gloves covering it

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts

Interestingly, it's not "lensing". the melting is from reflection from the inside of the screen Like a concave mirror.

The screen is not a focusing lens. It's uniform thickness. If it were a lens you sure wouldn't be able to look through it and see anything. The same way the visor on your helmet is curved but won't distort your vision the windscreen does not bend the sun's Rays.

To avoid melted gauges don't park with the rear of the bike to the sun. This misconception is probably why gauges melt as people think having the sun behind them will mitigate the non existent light focusing.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
I figured out that it wasn't focusing through the material, but it's hard to explain that its doing a parabolic reflection on the gauges......
therefore the simple terminology.... wanted to get warning out.....oh well.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Looks great!

That must have happened to mine at some point with a previous owner! Got a melted spot on my gauge case. 😞
(and my clock always resets when I turn the bike off)

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Insolent Minx...yes that looks typical, the dial faces are also very sensitive.

for me, it took about 2 minutes to put a small warp in the surface of the tacho dial...

OP, apologies for sidetrack of post!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I bought my bike, the instrument cluster was all white, looked like it was sprayed with a fire extinguisher. Bike had 13k km and the owner seemed to really take care of it. I was able to clean it off from the inside but curious to know what it was and what caused it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts