Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how apart the cones are on the zigzag portion of the License test? I was trying to weave through some cones in the parkin lot that were 8ft apart, let me tell you this, it wasnt simple. My 600rr wont turn. Any quick pointers you guys can fill me in on. Thanks

One more thing how many people passed the license test on there CBR600 RR?

·
Registered
990 Posts
can you even countersteer safely going that slow?

I thought countersteering only works after a certain speed.... :shock:

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
i took my road test on a 97 CBR 600 F3 and passed without making a single mistake.. that included circles clockwise, counterclockwise, figure 8's and a few other maneuvers all in limited space. You should be fine.. you need to practice, learn throttle control and learn to lean.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You will be countersteering very slightly at that low speed. The effects of countersteering normally do not become very evident until around 25-30mph.
You want the bike to lean when you go between those cones. It will probably feel a bit "wobbly" since you are obviously an inexperienced rider, but that's OK, as long as you are moving it will be stable, whether you think it or not. If you get too fast in between cones during a "lean", ease off some speed by gently tapping rear brake.

Have you considered taking the MSF? They will go over all of that stuff in good detail and their riding test will replace a state DMV test :cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea I've been praticing using the rear brake and all but, do you guys ever pull in the clutch when you go too fast around the cones? or is it better not to play around with the clutch at all when your moving? I guess what I'm tryin to ask here is how fast should I be going around the cones?

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
get the bike moving... let clutch out completely. and back off the throttle entirely.. the bike should move and stay moving by itself at a perfect speed to maintain movement, control and it will be stable. just keep your hand on the throttle in case you have to hit it to pull out of something..

·
Registered
52 Posts
cbrkid11 said:
i took my road test on a 97 CBR 600 F3 and passed without making a single mistake.. that included circles clockwise, counterclockwise, figure 8's and a few other maneuvers all in limited space. You should be fine.. you need to practice, learn throttle control and learn to lean.
ditto. down to the model year :D just get a little more practice in and you will be fine.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was taking the road test on a full size honda, 250 i think, and it was too big for the cones so i had to put my foot down at one point, but i passed everything else, so i got my license

·
Registered
931 Posts
are you talkign ablout the msf course or the regular road test. i never had to go through any cones on my road test. and i took it on my RR and passed it first try. was pretty easy. only tricky part was the circles and figure eights on a small road.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts