Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive noticed a few zip ties holding my plastics to each other. Is this common? Or something i should look to replace when i paint my plastics?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm so sick of those fasteners I actively look for excuses to throw them in the trash and use zip ties.
Haha i plan on using some heavy duty zip ties instead of a master link then, i head it adds torque... Haha jk. Just wanted to check though

·
Registered
144 Posts
I dont think I ride with any one that DOES NOT have something zip tied to their bike.. seriously... I ride with 40+ bikes regularly and we all have used them. I carry around 20 with me a all times. I even ran into a guy who has his left passanger peg zip tied on in one of the two bolt holes.. He had one bolt but the other came out so he just zipped it up!!! This moron was actually doing 50/50 wheelies standing on that peg!!!! WOW

·
Registered
856 Posts
I use small sized black zip ties on the lowers that connect beneath my bike. But only because I hate those fricken plastic pathetic screws.

·
Registered
265 Posts
man those r for emergency use only.LOL

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah its perfectly fine. lol.
And every zip tie you use adds 1hp!!
Haha dude im at like 3238 hp!!! I made a zip tie clutch case!

Glad to know im not alone.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pretty sad how common they are actually.. When I bought my 03, I swear there were more zip ties used as fasteners than there were bolts (as far as the fairings are concerned). Since I crashed it, I'm finally getting to get the bike back to 100% the way it should be, with no damn zip ties.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Most of my race bodywork is zip-tied in place. I also have some on my street bike. Zip ties are good like duct tape.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I use small sized black zip ties on the lowers that connect beneath my bike. But only because I hate those fricken plastic pathetic screws.
they hold better then those plastic screws.... and yes they are holding the bottom plastic together :crackup::drunk:
Most of my race bodywork is zip-tied in place. I also have some on my street bike. Zip ties are good like duct tape.

:+1::banger: ...................

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I like zip-ties so much I replaced my shoelaces with them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts