Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im in the market for a new jacket and ive found the one i like a*s stunt jacket, it doesnt come with a zipper. i was wondering if i would go with pants would i be able to get a zipper sewn on to the jacket?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You can do anything you want if the money is right.

·
Registered
321 Posts
hmm i know nothing about this stuff but I'm thinking if its textile you might be able to get a tailor to do it. if its leather just go to your local leather shop, breing them the leather pants and see if they can attach a zipper for you.

·
Registered
445 Posts
There are tailors around that can sew zippers on to leather jackets, although most of the time the zipper for the jacket isn't being sewn to leather. It's usually attached to some kind of stretch fabric. Although i guess your jacket wouldn't have that either. I don't know. But i had a similar question last season and i found a local seamstress that was willing to do it. Ended up not needing it, but it's easy to find if you just use a phone book.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
are you sure A* doesnt have a zipper? frankly thats surprising. I think the jacket I have is a stunt jacket too:

did you check inside the zip out inner liner? the zipper is just above the bottom edge of the inner liner, above the zipper for the foam back protector.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No ive never seen the jackets in person there is a stunt 1 and a stunt 2 i know the stunt two has the zipper but not sure about the first one

·
Registered
321 Posts
pantablo said:
are you sure A* doesnt have a zipper? frankly thats surprising. I think the jacket I have is a stunt jacket too:

did you check inside the zip out inner liner? the zipper is just above the bottom edge of the inner liner, above the zipper for the foam back protector.
this is OT, but is that the track pant or bat pant?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
the pants are the bat pants but I added the velcro for the knee sliders. I got the bat pants thinking I wouldnt need the knee sliders for a long time. I was way wrong. In retrospect I would have spent the money for the track pant since they have flexible fabric in the crotch.

slvrblckrr said:
i would assume track plastics since the tank, fairings, and front end don't match the stock paint job.
rattlecan trackday upper, spare OEM red mids and black tail/tank.

this is with the original street tail but gives a good idea the condition of the spare bodywork (from ebay, precrashed):

and the tail:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I used to have the A* Stunt jacket and it DOES have a full circumference zipper. This is the Stunt leather jacket though, not the T-Stunt textile one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts