Training Wheel Hero
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome job! I just found your thread and have some questions if you still remember:
1. Did you remove the small cap for dremelling?
2. If yes, how did you prevent small metal fragments getting into the engine when dremelling the edge of the whole?
3. Did you paint the small cap separately or screwed back and painted together with the big piece?
4. If U get it right, you dremelled the scratched parts (where metal can be seen) and sand papered all the engine cover (but left the original paint on on the unscratched parts). Is this correct?
5. You say you used DH 1602 High Heat Black paint. Is that right? (I found also two other types of paint that might be similar: DE 1634 Low Gloss Black, DE 1651 Cast Coat Iron - I might order both to see the difference, I d love to have it as close to origi as it can be.)
Sorry for the many questions, but I am very excited and want to to the job right. Thanks for your help!