Lysol's Firstgear Heated Gear Write-up Installation W/PICS!!!!! - Page 2 - 600RR.net
07 / 013 RR This forum is dedicated to the How to write ups for 07 / 013 RR

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
Nice write up man. I've been contemplating heated gear. I can get by down to about 8 C but below that it's just plain unpleasant.
Heated gear is definitely the way to go if you ride in the cold often. Otherwise, it can get pretty expensive.

"I've got GREAT news! , I just saved a bunch of money on my motorcycle insurance by outrunning the cops."

STOLEN

My Build - https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=241295

'08 Pearl Orange CBR600RR 20k miles - UPDATED 6/8/13
-Firstgear Heated Gear permanent setup
-Full iPhone setup
-Watsen Flushmounts
-JPR Shorty Levers
-SickHids CUSTOM LIGHTS!!!
-Akrapovic Slipon
-Tripage IT/LED Pegs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 PM
BOTM winner 01/14

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I rode for 3 hrs in 50 degrees yesterday. Hands didn't feel cool until 2 hrs in and then they weren't bad. Heated great would be nice for really cold temps.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Godd job and the write-up. So why would you get heated grips if you have heated gloves? So do you have any photos of the heated gloves cables? like is the jacket special or just runs a cable down the arms?

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 05:40 AM
Training Wheel Hero

I really want to do this, especially living in MN. The weather can get cold and stay cold yet not get ice or snow until December. The problem is at 32 degrees or lower it is even colder going 80+ MPH. So I was seriously looking at heated gear, yet I was weary if the CBR would be able to handle the draw of gloves, pants, socks, and jacket and sitting in ice cold temps all day.

Would a higher capacity battery work? Or am I just resigned to getting a different bike if I want to ride longer into the seasons.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek5soccer View Post
Godd job and the write-up. So why would you get heated grips if you have heated gloves? So do you have any photos of the heated gloves cables? like is the jacket special or just runs a cable down the arms?
Since I don't have the heated jacket liner yet, I just use an extended y-cable that I route through my regular jacket. I'm about to get an Aerostich suit though and will grab the heated jacket liner for that.

There is no heat element on the bottom of the gloves, just on the top. I honestly don't need heated grips though. I would just get them to even out the heat distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLecl0001 View Post
I really want to do this, especially living in MN. The weather can get cold and stay cold yet not get ice or snow until December. The problem is at 32 degrees or lower it is even colder going 80+ MPH. So I was seriously looking at heated gear, yet I was weary if the CBR would be able to handle the draw of gloves, pants, socks, and jacket and sitting in ice cold temps all day.

Would a higher capacity battery work? Or am I just resigned to getting a different bike if I want to ride longer into the seasons.
A higher capacity battery would do you no good if you are still draining it faster than charging it. If all you are running is say a 65 Watt heated jacket liner and 30 Watt gloves, you might have problems with the bike idling. Once up to speed though, you would be fine as the stator would be giving you more Amps to the battery. An onboard ammeter would tell you if you are charging or draining your battery at any given time.

"I've got GREAT news! , I just saved a bunch of money on my motorcycle insurance by outrunning the cops."

STOLEN

My Build - https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=241295

'08 Pearl Orange CBR600RR 20k miles - UPDATED 6/8/13
-Firstgear Heated Gear permanent setup
-Full iPhone setup
-Watsen Flushmounts
-JPR Shorty Levers
-SickHids CUSTOM LIGHTS!!!
-Akrapovic Slipon
-Tripage IT/LED Pegs
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Knee Dragger

Did you use the dual troller or the single?
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I use the gloves, jacket, pants, and socks on a dual remote troller - I've never had any problems with my battery draining, even on a 200 mile ride to the coast and back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page