Bf 1943 (ps3) - 600RR.net
Video Game Review & Discussions This forum is dedicated to reviews , discussions and any subjects that involve video games

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Bf 1943 (ps3)

Has anyone bought this game off of the PSNetwork? I was thinking about picking it up, since the demo only gives you 30min of play time and I wasted about 15min of it watching the UFC fight last week :icon_lol:, I didn't get a good scope on how much fun the game is.

Worth the $10 or $15 bucks to hold me over until COD-MW2 comes out?

Nor*Min
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkoumn View Post
Has anyone bought this game off of the PSNetwork? I was thinking about picking it up, since the demo only gives you 30min of play time and I wasted about 15min of it watching the UFC fight last week :icon_lol:, I didn't get a good scope on how much fun the game is.

Worth the $10 or $15 bucks to hold me over until COD-MW2 comes out?
I actually passed on this game due to there only being 3 maps and Battlefield: Bad Company being a far superior, and still very populated online. You can pick up Bad Company for ~$20 new at alot of places lately. Plus you get a full game.

Fat Princess is where it's at!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Good call on Fat Princess, I've been reading about it but never really looked to much into it - DL'ed it awhlie ago and played a few matches, pretty sweet thus far.

I was actually throwing around the idea of picking up BF-BC for cheap, so I'm downloading the demo again to see if it works out. Otherwise looks like I'll be rocking Fat Princess for awhile.

Nor*Min

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bad Company 2 is set to be released this winter, which no one will care about since Modern Warfare 2 is being released before it. If the geniuses at EA would delay the game another year to coincide with the alternate CoD games I guarantee they'd see better sales numbers. BC was a fun game though, single player was rather lame but the multiplayer was quite good.

Fat Princess is amusing but gets a bit repetitive and ends up in stalemates a lot, curious to see how the balancing in that game goes. I think that game was rushed out as well, as evidenced by crappy online play.

As for BF: 1943 - I enjoyed the demo but it's nothing unique or spectacular. I asked my friend if we should buy it and his reply was "why bother, we already have warhawk." So there ya go.

'07 CBR 600 RR - Red Konica Minolta
Southern California - Orange County
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris22783 View Post
Bad Company 2 is set to be released this winter, which no one will care about since Modern Warfare 2 is being released before it. If the geniuses at EA would delay the game another year to coincide with the alternate CoD games I guarantee they'd see better sales numbers. BC was a fun game though, single player was rather lame but the multiplayer was quite good.

Fat Princess is amusing but gets a bit repetitive and ends up in stalemates a lot, curious to see how the balancing in that game goes. I think that game was rushed out as well, as evidenced by crappy online play.

As for BF: 1943 - I enjoyed the demo but it's nothing unique or spectacular. I asked my friend if we should buy it and his reply was "why bother, we already have warhawk." So there ya go.

Bad Company 2 got delayed to the clusterf%#$ that is March '10. And WHY WHY WHY would you base a Battlefield game off of single player? Are you on crack?

And they already released a patch to Fat Princess, raising the respawn timers, clearing up the online latency/difficulty joining games. Did you even play the game since Wednesday of last week when they released the patch?

Last edited by clockworkcbr; 08-11-2009 at 11:49 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkcbr View Post
Bad Company 2 got delayed to the clusterf%#$ that is March '10. And WHY WHY WHY would you base a Battlefield game off of single player? Are you on crack?

And they already released a patch to Fat Princess, raising the respawn timers, clearing up the online latency/difficulty joining games. Did you even play the game since Wednesday of last week when they released the patch?
If a game has a single player component it will be judged - simple as that. Modern Warfare was great because both sides (single & multi) we're great, BC had half of that equation.

And no, I haven't played Fat Princess since they patched it but my point remains valid because they needed to patch it. I have no doubt it's easier to get into and play games now but I bet there's still a patch or two coming with game adjustments.

'07 CBR 600 RR - Red Konica Minolta
Southern California - Orange County
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 01:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I DLed this game its OK i mean 3 maps 3 classes thats it when i bought it i thought it was a console verson of BF 1942 for the pc so i was stoked but i had a big let down because i used to love playing the bots in 1942 on the pc...

Four Wheels Move The Body. Two Wheels Move The Soul.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I just bought BF 1943 a couple nights ago and I love it. I normally play racing games and this is the first shooter game I have beside GTA IV which isn't a shooter really. Once I had the demo I was addicted lol. It does kinda suck there is only like 4 different islands but it's not bad for $14.99. I was gonna get COD because alot of my friends have it but I will probably wait till the new one comes out now since it will only be like 2 months or so.

2003 Black 600RR,Track , SOLD!! New track bike coming soon!!
NESBA/STT "I" #910

MADSPEED....
surf.skate.ride.drive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page