MAG for PS3 - 600RR.net
Video Game Review & Discussions This forum is dedicated to reviews , discussions and any subjects that involve video games

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
MAG for PS3

Anyone own and/or played this game? I'm on the fence about picking it up and just wanted to get some feedback from people that have actually played it.

Nor*Min
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 10:42 PM
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I played the beta a little bit. When i played the only time servers were up was during the day when i work so i only played a few hours. It was decent, i'de like to check out the full version just to see how it all pans out. But from playing the beta it didn't scream "GO BUY ME NOW" so...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaRider aka: PAMANI View Post
haha, me and my whore gee
My Name Is Alan ! ! ! I'm also known as OPTIMUS PRIME...
Office Monkey #2
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
A friend told me its not as good as modern warfare. They said the graphics suck and game play isn't that great.

Mod list:
Tripage taillight with integrated turn signals
8000k HID kit
Led flush turn signals
yoshimura RS-5 slip on
Ebay fender eliminator
K&N air filter

Mods to come:
powder coat
rear seat cowl
black puig windscreen
rear bike stand
rim tape
alarm

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
never heard of it and there is no demo.. so what the hell do they expect us to do? buy a game just from anticipation?

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 09:12 AM

Pretty much. I think it's selling point is 256-man multiplayer. It splits you up into teams of like 8 or whatever. I didn't play long enough to get to deep into it but the idea behind it is awesome. It's the players that will have to make it work tho so? Not sure about CODMW2 but 1 was a run and gun. My understanding is that mag is supposed to be a more tactical game ala socom on a MUCH bigger scale. Zipper (the guys from socom 1 and 2) are the creators so it's coming from that kind of playstyle. I personally like socom and those sort of games i enjoy codmw as well, but they are two different beasts and aren't for everyone.

Quote:
Office Monkey #2
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yea but it will be amuck with kids just having no strategy at all, not even a mic.. just ruining it for ev1

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygraci View Post
yea but it will be amuck with kids just having no strategy at all, not even a mic.. just ruining it for ev1

Yeap thats why games like COd play better b/c you really don't have to work as a group or have strategy. Don't get me wrong it helps but the game can be played without it. I've always been a fan of stuff like SOCOM but it's a crap shoot as to whether or not your going to get in a group that actually wants to try and win.

Quote:
Office Monkey #2
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Aright, so I ended up buying it for fitty clams on craigslist a few days ago (figured I would try it, and if it sucked, I could turn around and sell it for what I paid).

The game is actually pretty fun. It's very dependent on team work - where if you don't work as a team you either get smoked quickly, or you basically gain no/little XP. The character buildup is different - basically you only have one character, and build up certain traits as you level up (you get to pick and choose between new guns, revival ability, claymores, etc).

Controls are pretty standard, although I do prefer the feel of the PS3 controller for FPS games compared to that of the 360's controls. One somewhat downside to the game is you cycle weapons by using the L2 and R2 buttons - so R2 controls main gun, or sidearms selection; while L2 cycles through grenade, health, etc (whatever you have equiped). I'd rather have button mapping for each kit, instead of trying to remember that I have to hit L2 twice to get out my f'ing health kit.

I am also very surprised, but this game have next to no little PITA bratty kids playing it screaming into the mic - I've noticed that on the PS3 network, the median age seems to be much higher than that of Xbox live. Your teamates do want to win, and 9 times out of 10 work together.

The game is a great break from MW2 (I started to get really bored with that game), it's very different in terms of control, style, etc. The only thing in common is both require you shooting other people in the face.

I will likely play MAG now instead of MW2, until BFBC2 comes out, then MAG is likely getting sold.

My $0.02 on it in case any one is curious about it.

Nor*Min
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I play MAG. Love it, way better than Modern Warfare 2. I used to play computer online games all the time (Delta Force, Battlefield Series, Unreal Tournament) and this has that feel. You need to work in teams in order to be sucessful. Graphics aren't as good as MW2, but they are still decent.

A midget told me life was short.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

dude i love mag play it all the time,but play cod 2 too,mag is just way more tactical and you have to work as a team to win the objectives!

Deezee, Rex, The Great One,The-D*ck....Always looking for new sponsored riders for moto,street,and snow. Check us out on WWW.FACEBOOK.com/THEMXLIFE. TEAM MX LIFE/TEAM BLACK FTW!

My Build thread https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...40#post2779040
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page