COD Advanced Warefare - 600RR.net
Video Game Review & Discussions This forum is dedicated to reviews , discussions and any subjects that involve video games

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
COD Advanced Warefare

I told myself I wouldn't buy this one...but I'm headed out today to pick up my copy...

I've had just about all COD's and its pretty much the only thing I play. The videos I've seen on youtube makes this game look a little bit like Halo. I guess this is the "advanced warfare" part.

Who went out and got this already??? What are you thoughts...???

FWIW I'll be getting it for PS3...if you have it add me as a friend... PS3 user lilbuddy16

2012- CBR250 ~ Sold
2006- CBR600rr ~ Sold
2012- CBR600rr ~ Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 12:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've been playing since midnight Sunday night. It's another Call of Duty. There's a new manifestation of lag - now it's not just poor hit detection, sometimes the weapon will just stop firing. I guess that's one way to increase hit detection if your gun can't shoot.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
I've been playing since midnight Sunday night. It's another Call of Duty. There's a new manifestation of lag - now it's not just poor hit detection, sometimes the weapon will just stop firing. I guess that's one way to increase hit detection if your gun can't shoot.
I played about 2 hours last night. 1 hr campaign and 1 online. Yeah its just ok. Campaign seems fun. Online the damn jet packs get annoying.

I agree all and all just another COD

2012- CBR250 ~ Sold
2006- CBR600rr ~ Sold
2012- CBR600rr ~ Sold

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 09:37 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Not impressed with online, which is the main reason for buying it. To me the sound is horrible. The guns sound like damn BB guns and the explosions sound equally as bad. You can no longer run dead silence, unless you do on your exo suit and that is only for a limited time. This makes footsteps extremely hard to hear so there is basically no incentive to have a nice headset. It was nice being able to tell which way the enemy was coming from before you even saw him. Some of the reticles are pretty awful and look like something off of N64. No throwing knives or axes which were always fun for making funny killcams. It's going to take awhile before I could see myself liking this game.

'07 CBR 600rr
'11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
Build Thread-Come on, do it! DO IT! What are you waiting for!?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 12:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I think im going to skip this one because the stupid jet packs/halo idea. Seems like from the reviews from you guys are reinforcing my thoughts. Thanks.

Andrew

2007 600rr-Leo Vince exhaust (7733) | Tripage Integrated Tail Light | Competition Werkes FE | LP Smoked Flusmounts | Vortex Rearsets | DDM Tuning HID's | Kpowersports 40th Anniversary Repsol Fairings | K&N Air filter | Double Bubble Windscreen | Keiti reflective rim tape | EK 520 Chain conversion | Tech Spec "snakeskin" Tank Pads | Wild Bills Red Powdercoated Rims |
2006 600rr- SOLD
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 03:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

You can play lobbies without exo suits, if you prefer "traditional" cod movement.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
You can play lobbies without exo suits, if you prefer "traditional" cod movement.
I havent messed with it enough to find that setting . When I was playing multiplayer I couldnt even figure out how to get a dang grande or anything...but I also havent given it much time.

perhaps this evening I will have some more time.

2012- CBR250 ~ Sold
2006- CBR600rr ~ Sold
2012- CBR600rr ~ Sold
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Doom how do those lobbies online compare to the jet pack lobbies? Thanks for the insight as well. I might give it a chance..doubtful though.

Andrew

2007 600rr-Leo Vince exhaust (7733) | Tripage Integrated Tail Light | Competition Werkes FE | LP Smoked Flusmounts | Vortex Rearsets | DDM Tuning HID's | Kpowersports 40th Anniversary Repsol Fairings | K&N Air filter | Double Bubble Windscreen | Keiti reflective rim tape | EK 520 Chain conversion | Tech Spec "snakeskin" Tank Pads | Wild Bills Red Powdercoated Rims |
2006 600rr- SOLD
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 12:30 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I've only done a quick session since that choice is a playlist. As far as I can tell, you can't just say let me play just TDM without exo, you'd have to do domination, kill confirmed, etc., in a rotation. Still, might be worth looking into. Even if you don't enjoy multiplayer, the game does have a very solid campaign mode with some incredible motion capture.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2014, 07:18 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You can play TDM, Dom and other game types in classic mode without rocket shoes or whatever. However, the more I've played it the more I like the jet pack type games over classic. This games sound and guns weren't meant for safe tactical play...

'07 CBR 600rr
'11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
Build Thread-Come on, do it! DO IT! What are you waiting for!?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 11:21 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Screenshot from my phone while watching yesterday's free practice in Valencia of JL99 dragging an elbow. Last year, it was a Ghosts helmet, this year it's AW.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page