post #91 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 118 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flashback 1974: NCAR Blamed ‘Dramatic Climate Anomalies’ on Growing Arctic Ice – Called Global Cooling The ‘New Norm’ – - 2013: Warmists Blame Climate Disasters On Melting Arctic Ice

1974: National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado: 'In February of 1972 earth-orbiting artificial satellites revealed the existence of a greatly increased area of the snow and ice cover of the north polar cap as compared to all previous years of space age observations. Some scientists believe that this may have presaged the onset of the dramatic climate anomalies of 1972 that brought far-reaching adversities to the world’s peoples.'
'There are strong signs that these recent climate disasters were not random deviations from the usual weather, but instead signals of the emergence of a new normal for world climates'

New 2013 Claim: Study Links Arctic Melting, Extreme Weather: 'Researchers are finding a link with recent bouts of extreme weather. A new study suggests rapid warming in the Arctic may be altering weather patterns across the Northern Hemisphere.'

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/12/...ng-arctic-ice/

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

post #93 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view

Research which heaped doubt on the rate of global warming was deliberately suppressed by scientists because it was “less than helpful” to their cause, it was claimed last night.
In an echo of the infamous “Climategate” scandal at the University of East Anglia, one of the world’s top academic journals rejected the work of five experts after a reviewer privately denounced it as “harmful”.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/scienc...cle4091344.ece

post #94 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

CLIMATE MCCARTHYISM: THE SCANDAL GROWS

Professor Lennart Bengtsson - the scientist at the heart of the "Climate McCarthyism" row - has hit back at his critics by accusing them of suppressing one of his studies for political reasons.

The paper, which Prof Bengtsson wrote with four co-authors, suggested that climate is probably less sensitive to greenhouse gases than is admitted by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and that more research needs to be done to "reduce the underlying uncertainty". However, when submitted for publication in the leading journal Environmental Research Letters, the paper failed the peer-review process and was rejected.

One of the peer-reviewers reportedly wrote:
‘It is harmful as it opens the door for oversimplified claims of “errors” and worse from the climate sceptics media side.’

This, Prof Bengtsson told the Times, was "utterly unacceptable" and "an indication of how science is gradually being influenced by political views."

He added:
‘The problem we now have in the climate community is that some scientists are mixing up their scientific role with that of a climate activist.’

In truth, to anyone familiar with the Climategate emails there will be nothing surprising or unusual in this incident or this claim. As the emails leaked in 2009 made abundantly clear, the organised suppression of sceptical papers in learned journals by the alarmist establishment has long been rife within the field of climate science.

post #95 of 118 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

CLIMATE CHANGE, on jupiter

The red spot is getting smaller

http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/may/n...l#.U3ZS5UZ3wsA

post #96 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Study: West Antarctic Glacier Melt Due To Volcanoes, Not Global Warming

A new study by researchers at the University of Texas, Austin found that the West Antarctic Ice Sheet is collapsing due to geothermal heat, not man-made global warming.

Researchers from the UTA’s Institute for Geophysics found that the Thwaites Glacier in western Antarctica is being eroded by the ocean as well as geothermal heat from magma and subaerial volcanoes. Thwaites is considered a key glacier for understanding future sea level rise.

UTA researchers used radar techniques to map water flows under ice sheets and estimate the rate of ice melt in the glacier. As it turns out, geothermal heat from magma and volcanoes under the glacier is much hotter and covers a much wider area than was previously thought.

“Geothermal flux is one of the most dynamically critical ice sheet boundary conditions but is extremely difficult to constrain at the scale required to understand and predict the behavior of rapidly changing glaciers,” UTA researchers wrote in their study, which was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The geothermal heat under the glaciers is likely a key factor in why the ice sheet is currently collapsing. Before this study, it was assumed that heat flow under the glacier was evenly distributed throughout, but UTA’s study shows this is not the case. Heat levels under the glacier are uneven, with some areas being much hotter than others.

“The combination of variable subglacial geothermal heat flow and the interacting subglacial water system could threaten the stability of Thwaites Glacier in ways that we never before imagined,” lead researcher David Schroeder said in a press release.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/11/st...#ixzz34Wm8xnJE

post #97 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Pocketbike Racer

post #98 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherzRoony View Post

Researchers from the UTA’s Institute for Geophysics found that the Thwaites Glacier in western Antarctica is being eroded by the ocean as well as geothermal heat from magma and subaerial volcanoes. Thwaites is considered a key glacier for understanding future sea level rise.
That is pretty awesome.
Sea-floor volcanoes under glaciers. would be some awesome photos.
anyone got a spare go-pro and some snorkelling gear ? LOL
post #99 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 06:15 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
Guys, the debate is over... everyone agrees that global warming is man made. Why won't you just get with the program already?

We must hurry and spend ridicules amounts of money on something that is close to being irreversible. It has taken only 75 years to cause this 0.5 degree climate anomaly but we must act NOW before we actually know what's really going on so that we're not too late to save the earth from scorching +1 degree weather.

Please explain the end of the ice age to me then. Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

post #100 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehingst View Post
Please explain the end of the ice age to me then. Thanks.
If you want to see climate change, explain to me how the rocks in my yard have sea critter fossiles in them and my house is at 1500 ft above sea level. I think the coast lines have changed before and will again.

post #101 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,714 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It's no secret that CO2 levels are climbing because of us, it's over 400ppm now. The debate is what the effect of that increase actually is.
post #102 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
The debate is what the effect of that increase actually is.
Minimal impact. Water vapor and Methane are more insulating than CO2.

The only reason they picked CO2 was so the governments could tax and control the use of fossil fuels. It also allows the US government to send money to their friends in the solar and wind energy companies for campaign contribution kick backs.

post #103 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

The scandal of fiddled global warming data

When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data. There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Goddard shows how, in recent years, NOAA’s US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been “adjusting” its record by replacing real temperatures with data “fabricated” by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades, to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data. In several posts headed “Data tampering at USHCN/GISS”, Goddard compares the currently published temperature graphs with those based only on temperatures measured at the time. These show that the US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on “fabricated” data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...ming-data.html

post #104 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Minimal impact.
As proven by the statistics that are readily available to people everywhere.
post #105 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
As proven by the statistics that are readily available to people everywhere.
"A GWP is calculated over a specific time interval, commonly 20, 100 or 500 years. GWP is expressed as a factor of carbon dioxide (whose GWP is standardized to 1). For example, the 20 year GWP of methane is 86, which means that if the same mass of methane and carbon dioxide were introduced into the atmosphere, that methane will trap 86 times more heat than the carbon dioxide over the next 20 years."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global-warming_potential

The role of water vapor in determining surface temperatures is ultimately a dominant one. During daylight hours it moderates the sun’s energy, at night it acts like a blanket to slow the loss of heat, and carries energy from the warm parts of the earth to the cold. Compared to that, if carbon dioxide has an effect, it must be negligible.

It is also clear from the data presented above that water vapor acts with a negative feedback. The data clearly shows that the relationship between the amount of water vapor in the air and temperature is negative; that is, the higher the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere the lower the surface temperature. In that regard, it almost acts as a thermostat.

As the air cools as a result of an increasing moisture content in the atmosphere, there is a decrease in the amount of water vapor produced by evaporation. Eventually this decrease of the level of water vapor being introduced into the atmosphere results in a decrease in moisture content. At this point more sunlight reaches the earth’s surface resulting in higher temperatures and increasing evaporation.

In the positive feedback mechanism as proposed by the global warming proponents this behavior would be reversed. Then the data would show a positive relationship between moisture content and temperature. But it does not.

As suggested before, data is the language of science, not mathematical models.

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/20...s-climate.html

post #106 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:

CLIMATE CHANGE, on jupiter

The red spot is getting smaller

http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/may/n...l#.U3ZS5UZ3wsA
Because we flew by it and screwed everything up, stupid humans!!!!!11
post #107 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

TOLD YA SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Warming Scare

The alarmists keep telling us their concern about global warming is all about man's stewardship of the environment. But we know that's not true. A United Nations official has now confirmed this.

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

"This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.

Referring to a new international treaty environmentalists hope will be adopted at the Paris climate change conference later this year, she added: "This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history."

The only economic model in the last 150 years that has ever worked at all is capitalism. The evidence is prima facie: From a feudal order that lasted a thousand years, produced zero growth and kept workdays long and lifespans short, the countries that have embraced free-market capitalism have enjoyed a system in which output has increased 70-fold, work days have been halved and lifespans doubled.

Last edited by WherzRoony; 02-11-2015 at 07:34 PM.
post #108 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Maynard

Obama is a brother kneeeegrowww

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #109 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

That's a bit harsh, I don't even consider his race.

(Edit: Ooops, I just read my own signature :-) But seriously, who cares about his race, see below)

All I see is a COMMUNIST!

post #110 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Maynard

Haha no hard feelings meant. If he's a communist does that mean we get free college!?

Kim Jong Un is my homeboy

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #111 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 01:35 AM
Moto GP Racer

Regardless if he's a communist or not he is a hypocrite...Mr wake and bake busted more pot clinics in his first 3 years than in all of W's 8: hypocrites sit not far below thieves in my book...can't stand it.

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
post #112 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR View Post
If he's a communist does that mean we get free college!?
Nothing is FREE, he'll just take more of my money to pay for your college.

post #113 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 09:24 AM
Maynard

Quote:
Hey that'd be great actually.. Where do I sign up?,:D

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #114 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR View Post
Hey that'd be great actually.. Where do I sign up?,:D
Until you graduate, get a job, and find out that half of your pay is being taken by the government.

post #115 of 118 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Mind-Blowing Temperature Fraud At NOAA

The measured US temperature data from USHCN shows that the US is on a long-term cooling trend. But the reported temperatures from NOAA show a strong warming trend.

They accomplish this through a spectacular hockey stick of data tampering, which corrupts the US temperature trend by almost two degrees.

The biggest component of this fraud is making up data. Almost half of all reported US temperature data is now fake. They fill in missing rural data with urban data to create the appearance of non-existent US warming.

The depths of this fraud is breathtaking, but completely consistent with the fraudulent profession which has become known as “climate science”

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...fraud-at-noaa/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WherzRoony For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (07-29-2015)
post #116 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 12:31 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Quote:
TRUTH!... @WherzRoony, this is more relevant now than anytime with Sanders polling so high

I don't understand how people can think money just grows on trees. There is no such thing as a free lunch.... If you are getting lunch for "no cost to you", that just means someone paid it for you.

Socialism is a failed system despite what the media makes it out to be. People need to read history.
post #117 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 04:08 PM
Training Wheel Hero

[QUOTE=.

Socialism is a failed system despite what the media makes it out to be. People need to read history.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem nobody reads any more

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

Be Zen. Na na na na na
post #118 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Moto GP Racer

[QUOTE=Blurpee;7706058]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .

Socialism is a failed system despite what the media makes it out to be. People need to read history.[/QUOTE

That's the problem nobody reads any more

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Speaking of reading, have you ever looked up the definition of socialism?...because while one is a system whereby production is controlled by a central government, spoiler alert, the U.S. is already a socialist country and has been since Roosevelt; a system that is neither purely capitalist nor communist...considering we pay taxes for roads, schools, SOCIAL SECURITY, and Medicare already I honestly cannot see any substance within the argument over semantics...so if the illusion of choice means that much to you I have no further comment other than unsubscribed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page