Will California legalize Marijuana?! - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Will California legalize Marijuana?!

Quote:
The story SF Weekly broke on Friday is true: California Assemblyman Tom Ammiano will announce legislation on Monday to legalize marijuana and earn $1 billion annually by taxing it.

Quintin Mecke, Ammiano's press secretary, confirmed to SF Weekly that the assemblyman's 10 a.m. Monday press conference regarding "new legislation related to the state's fiscal crisis" will broach the subject of reaping untold -- and much-needed -- wealth from the state's No. 1 cash crop.
Full article here:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...to_introdu.php

With the desperate situation in CA right now, this would be awesome! The revenue from pot would be a much needed "stimulus". A billion extra dollars is kinda hard to pass up! Legalizing it would also do a lot to ease out this winless "war on drugs". I think people have a right to experiment with recreational drugs that grow naturally, crack, meth and other processed drugs are another story.

Also since people will be high, they might not freak out so much about how fvcked our economy is :icon_lol:

Oh let it be so!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:08 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
If they can repeal gay marriage in this liberal state they'll repeal this too.

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I didnt read the link...

I dont have a problem with it. However, it needs to be regulated like alcohol, I.E 21 years old.

It is a mind altering substance, but I dont think its bad, but I do know some people who I think have "smoked themselves retarded. And im not bullshitting you, they sound like they are perma stoned. its disgusting. I dont want to see a bunch of stoned people out in public, keep that **** in your house. On a different note, ill be going to cali for a trip if this happens to give the state some of my money :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reediculous View Post
i don't need a black condom ........ hahahahah

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Even Ron Paul agrees, lets end this war on drugs!

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Ron_Pa..._war_0221.html

Last edited by Moeman; 02-23-2009 at 12:19 PM.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

I totally agree that it would need to be regulated, much like alcohol. We could use Amsterdam as a model, where you can go to certain places to do it or do it at home privately. Just like you cannot drive drunk, you cannot drive stoned...stuff like that.

I personally don't smoke but I have no problem with it, I don't see the big deal with it if you smoke responsibly. I had a roommate who dropped out of college and lost everything he had because of weed, so I know its potentially detrimental effects, but so does alcohol...alcohol is worse!

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I hope pot passes! Hey Diego, how was your trip? I haven't talked to you in a while!

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Sup TD. Trip was good man, I'd like to say it was relaxing but my mind was on my business since things got crazy with the darn Bridgestone tires. I'd like to go back next month, no group buys while I'm gone next time :) I'm working on some potential business there.

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 AM
Moto GP Racer

Potential business in brazil, in a drug thread. HMMMMM.

Just kidding, I'd love to go to brazil.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR/CUT View Post
Potential business in brazil, in a drug thread. HMMMMM.

Just kidding, I'd love to go to brazil.
Hahaha, thanks for pointing that out :icon_lol:

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
+1 for legalizing. I'm not in Cali, but I would like to see marijuana legalized but regulated.

I like to smoke every once in a while. I'd like to not have to worry about getting a random drug test and losing my job for smoking with some friends on a Saturday night.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 07:48 PM
World Superbike Racer

Do you have any idea how many people will be out if jobs if pot is legalized ? They would have to get off the couch , put down the game controller and go out and get a job.

The information provided by JPRacecraft on this website "600RR.net" is for reference only. JPRacecraft does not accept any responsibilities for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with this post . Users are responsible for making their own assessments of all information contained in or in connection with this post . Obtain independent legal counsel before acting upon any and all advice herein.
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I saw that special report on HLN (or maybe it was CNN?) last night. Pretty interesting stuff...
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Knee Dragger

So what happened today at the weed meeting at ten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reediculous View Post
i don't need a black condom ........ hahahahah
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
that wud be pimp....

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Ha i am so opening up a "Coffee" Shop in my town if this passes. There are so many stoners that i would be Recession proof =)

03 BLACK CBR600RR
Jardine RT1 de-stickered and flat black
520 Driven conversion -1+2 With Gold D.I.D.
Galfer rear Wave Rotor
Black ASV Levers
Stomp Grips
12000k High and 8000k Low HID's with Tripage Delay
Tripage Red Krazy Eye's
Woodcraft Sliders
Puig DB painted Dark Silver Metallic
Pro Grip Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
Galfer SS lines
Hot bodies Smoke Flush Mounts
CA Smoke integrated tail light
License plate relocated under battery tray
K&N Filter
DIY Front Turn Signals and Running Lights
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foffie View Post
Ha i am so opening up a "Coffee" Shop in my town if this passes. There are so many stoners that i would be Recession proof =)
Good idea! Hmm I can have a sportbike/coffee shop :icon_lol:

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Moto GP Racer

here is the thing about pot that people conveniently forget or never wanted to acknowledge.
1. pot does have an nagative effect on the brain, it does kill brian cells. this is proven and publish in some medical jurnel few month ago.

2. people can smoke a cigeratts and drive without their reaction time being impare, but people cannot do the same with pot. as a result, a 3000lb car now can become a deadly weapon on open road. think about it, they could be driving into a farmers markert, next to a school where children is walking. it will be imposible for the popo to determin if a driver is smoking a cigeratts or a pot from a glance.

3. smoking cigeratts do not impare your productivites at work, smoking pot will. the last thing for a employer wants is a pot head shows up to work and stare at his cube wall all day long.

those are just a few things.

bottom line is that pot is a good drug when use properly, but we know all too well that people will use and abuse this drug and the outcome is never good.

RIP Phatty

Said whaaaa!!!
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_dot_com View Post
here is the thing about pot that people conveniently forget or never wanted to acknowledge.
1. pot does have an nagative effect on the brain, it does kill brian cells. this is proven and publish in some medical jurnel few month ago.

2. people can smoke a cigeratts and drive without their reaction time being impare, but people cannot do the same with pot. as a result, a 3000lb car now can become a deadly weapon on open road. think about it, they could be driving into a farmers markert, next to a school where children is walking. it will be imposible for the popo to determin if a driver is smoking a cigeratts or a pot from a glance.

3. smoking cigeratts do not impare your productivites at work, smoking pot will. the last thing for a employer wants is a pot head shows up to work and stare at his cube wall all day long.

bottom line is that pot is a good drug when use properly, but we know all too well that people will use and abuse this drug and the outcome is never good.
Here's my take:

1.) Not true, heres an answer I found:
Quote:
No, it does not kill brain cells. In fact, it has been proven to stimulate the growth of brain cells in certain regions of the brain. The human body produces natural internal cannabinoids and the brain has receptors specifically for them. See Marijuana and the Brain at http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/BRAIN.HTM
The largest study of the health effects of cannabis to date was done by Kaiser Permanente. They studied the health records of 65,000 patients over a number of years. They found no significant differences between the health histories of people who used cannabis and those who did not. http://www.druglibrary.org/crl/aging/sidney-01.html
These findings are consistent with the findings of every major government commission report that has studied the subject in the last 100 years. See Major Studies of Drugs and Drug Policy at http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/Libr...es/studies.htm

2.) Marijuana would be treated like alcohol and it would be illegal for people to drive while stoned. Its not hard to get weed now and you dont hear about stoners driving into farmers markets.

3.) Someone can go to work drunk just as easily as going to work stoned. In this economy I don't think too many people are willing to risk their jobs by going to work high.

I think the benefits far outweigh the consequences. I'm sure many people will abuse it at first if its a new thing, but I think people will learn to use it responsibly.

post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Pocketbike Racer

on the health effects side i cant remember where i read it but smoking MJ can cause respiratory problems. not even close to as bad as say a legal item such as tobacco. But the problem is there i also read that vaporizing is a clean alternative to smoke inhalation but just not as fun

03 BLACK CBR600RR
Jardine RT1 de-stickered and flat black
520 Driven conversion -1+2 With Gold D.I.D.
Galfer rear Wave Rotor
Black ASV Levers
Stomp Grips
12000k High and 8000k Low HID's with Tripage Delay
Tripage Red Krazy Eye's
Woodcraft Sliders
Puig DB painted Dark Silver Metallic
Pro Grip Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
Galfer SS lines
Hot bodies Smoke Flush Mounts
CA Smoke integrated tail light
License plate relocated under battery tray
K&N Filter
DIY Front Turn Signals and Running Lights
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foffie View Post
But the problem is there i also read that vaporizing is a clean alternative to smoke inhalation but just not as fun
Ha... You ever used a vaporizer? I'll bet you wouldn't say it's not as fun if you did. Haha, mine used to get me so ripped. It's a much better buzz than smoking a bowl.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
it will be impossible for the popo to determine if a driver is smoking a cigarettes or a pot from a glance.
Then what keeps someone from drinking vodka out of a water bottle while driving? Same thing.

(spelling corrected for quote by the way)

Quote:
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM
The Asian Persuasion

Feedback Score: 65 reviews
So we're building a GB at Disco's shop?

And I don't mean group buy...

post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:41 PM
The Asian Persuasion

Feedback Score: 65 reviews
Quote:

Hahah you have the most random/weirdass view on things.

Any drug is a good drug when used properly. Alcohol, loratabs, oxy, etc etc.
You'd be amazed how productive some people are when they've smoked.

Sneezing kills brain cells. So does smog/pollution.

The smell of weed is much greater than cigarettes.

Shouldn't you compare the use of weed while driving to the consumption of alcohol while driving?

I don't know anyone that's got cancer or killed anyone while they've been higher than a kite.
On the other hand I've known a few people to die from drunk driving, etc etc.

You need to smoke like 1 ton of weed in one sitting to die from it or something crazy like that.

It seems like you have most of your facts from the propaganda of the government during the reefer banning in the 1930s or so.

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
World Superbike Racer

The problem with legalization isnt the drug , its the testing.

With a bottle of Visine, cologne and breath mints and a little common sense not to get blasted before driving home a regular seasoned smoker could proly pass a field sobriety test after a couple of puffs but blood and urine test will show THC.

They have difficulty proving when ingestion took place so its illegal. There are test to show the most recent use roughly but its not cheap or plentiful due to cost effectiveness. A border Guard friend told me about it.

AAAAAny way.. I forget where I was going with this. Oh Yeah... I remember... No wait...uuhhhmm k ...got it.

When testing comes up to speed , regulation can occur. Flat out legalization opens a rash of problems. I support the freedom to choose with out jail time though.

The information provided by JPRacecraft on this website "600RR.net" is for reference only. JPRacecraft does not accept any responsibilities for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever in connection with this post . Users are responsible for making their own assessments of all information contained in or in connection with this post . Obtain independent legal counsel before acting upon any and all advice herein.

Last edited by JPRaceCraft; 02-24-2009 at 07:28 PM.
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sometimes you can do many things high.... hell the greatest inventor this country has ever seen was a crack head... yea look it up... youll see who i am talking about.

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I Want Mari Legalized!!!!

Last edited by SonnyGR6RR; 02-24-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: wrong speeeeling
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
cyclesector.com

Not only will it stimulate the economy through the taxation of it...imagine the boost to the fast food and snack industry! :icon_lol:

post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If I lived in CAL I would be more worried about the take over by illegals
than smoking pot. priorities in order??
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Multi Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
Hahah you have the most random/weirdass view on things.

Any drug is a good drug when used properly. Alcohol, loratabs, oxy, etc etc.
You'd be amazed how productive some people are when they've smoked.

Sneezing kills brain cells. So does smog/pollution.

The smell of weed is much greater than cigarettes.

Shouldn't you compare the use of weed while driving to the consumption of alcohol while driving?

I don't know anyone that's got cancer or killed anyone while they've been higher than a kite.
On the other hand I've known a few people to die from drunk driving, etc etc.

You need to smoke like 1 ton of weed in one sitting to die from it or something crazy like that.

It seems like you have most of your facts from the propaganda of the government during the reefer banning in the 1930s or so.
They want to make cannibus legal in California to bring the economy back up and to reduce drug crimes because most drug dealers would be out of business.
Personally I don't think it's a good idea, but then it's a lot better than having drunkards starting bar fights because dead heads just sit there and chill.

05081980_10192010
Never forgotten
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Multi Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Not only will it stimulate the economy through the taxation of it...imagine the boost to the fast food and snack industry! :icon_lol:
BAH! touche!

05081980_10192010
Never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page