Orion Pit Bike *SOLD

05' CBR 600RR - Sold/Missed
WANTED!!! 08'+ 1KRR for sale White/Red or all Black
and....OHLINS FORKS/BREMBO BRAKES!!!
PARTS FOR SALE: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=204160
post #3 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I myself dont smoke,but i say people are gona smoke regardless, so why not legalize? The goverment could set there regulations and tax the **** out of it. Its a win-win.

post #4 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Yuu
Pocketbike Racer

man i'm getting old.
post #5 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 07:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
huge amount of revenue from what is already being done!! I personally dont smoke it but hey to each thier own.
post #6 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpaine1 View Post
huge amount of revenue from what is already being done!! I personally dont smoke it but hey to each thier own.
thank you wish we had more like minded people

2006 CBR 600RR - Red/Black *StreetBike*
2003 CBR 600RR - All Black *Trackbike* SOLD
Orion Pit Bike *SOLD

post #7 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 01:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Rather smoke then drink... Bump for God's Green.

[Most.Dope]
post #8 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
guys u can smoke against the law all you want.. why legalize it so more people driving high crash into us bikers? people WILL drive high just like people do drive drunk.. its bad enough drinking is as open as it is..you can do everything u want against the law if u really want to..not like ur gunna get caught.. but at least keeping it against the law keeps the numbers down on people actually doing it..cuz then it would mean less people driving high..i used to smoke weed too.[then i grew up

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #9 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygraci View Post
guys u can smoke against the law all you want.. why legalize it so more people driving high crash into us bikers? people WILL drive high just like people do drive drunk.. its bad enough drinking is as open as it is..you can do everything u want against the law if u really want to..not like ur gunna get caught.. but at least keeping it against the law keeps the numbers down on people actually doing it..cuz then it would mean less people driving high..i used to smoke weed too.[then i grew up
post #10 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:

Good point there, which is why no moves are being made. Its a tough call.
post #11 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I stopped smoking herb years ago but I do remember that alcohol affected my motor skills waaaaaaaaaaay more than weed did. I'm not saying that you should drive high, but comparing driving under the influence of liquor vs mary jane is apples to oranges.

The track is my crack.......................... lucky 7 - ra7or racing
"When I arrive at di front.... big fight" Rossi

RIP Phatstud......... You will be missed.
post #12 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
By that logic Ajay, wouldn't it be a better idea to just ban the sale of alcohol? Wouldn't that fix most of the drunk driver problems?

Regardless of the activity, there will ALWAYS be a minority that ruins it for the majority. Just because some people are stupid enough to drink and drive doesn't mean everyone should be deprived of alcohol. Some people are responsible and should be allowed to do whatever they please to their own bodies. If those actions have negative societal affects than collect money (taxes) from the sale to contribute towards counteracting those negative affects. If drunk drivers are such a problem charge a little more for alcohol so that more police can ramp up DUI patrol/check points. The higher the risk of getting caught the more likely people are to think twice about driving home drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzorman1 View Post
comparing driving under the influence of liquor vs mary jane is apples to oranges.
post #13 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ya i see ur point... they should make like insane laws against driving high/drunk .. that way no one even dares do it , if they are going to legalize it

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #14 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Question

Quote:
and you think people dont drive high now?

2006 CBR 600RR - Red/Black *StreetBike*
2003 CBR 600RR - All Black *Trackbike* SOLD
Orion Pit Bike *SOLD

post #15 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

You can't compare booze to weed... its not the same in anyway.

Ever hear of a dad beating his kids and wife cause he's high? Or reckless driving? Fighting high?

Alcohol kill's how many people a year? **** - even in a month lots of people die from alcohol... There is still no case... NO CASE... of marijuana killing anyone. Yes I understand that weed leads you on to other drug's yadda yadda yadda.... But marihuana is one of the best natural gift's on this earth - Why not enjoy it.

anyone ever watch "The Union" ?

[Most.Dope]
post #16 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
guys u can smoke against the law all you want.. why legalize it so more people driving high crash into us bikers? people WILL drive high just like people do drive drunk.. its bad enough drinking is as open as it is..you can do everything u want against the law if u really want to..not like ur gunna get caught.. but at least keeping it against the law keeps the numbers down on people actually doing it..cuz then it would mean less people driving high..
I'm with you, except I didn't smoke before I grew up. I'll never vote for legalizing it.

Edit:

Okay, so I just watched the vid. Now I can't stop laughing. A bunch of criminal Obama supporters make a dramatic video because they want to get stoned in public, instead of just in their own homes like they already do, and you guys are rallying your support as if proclaiming your allegiance to a glorious cause. At least one sentence in that video was definitely true:

This is getting ridiculous. But I guess this explains why people still support Obama. They're too damn stoned to give a damn about what a terrible president he is.

Remember son, there is nothing greater than being a Bundy.

Last edited by Bobson; 06-17-2010 at 04:36 PM.
post #17 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbeaul
By that logic Ajay, wouldn't it be a better idea to just ban the sale of alcohol? Wouldn't that fix most of the drunk driver problems?
Yes, it would be better, and yes, you bet your ass it would. It wouldn't make drunk driving disappear completely, so don't jump at the chance of misquoting me as if I think it would, but making alcohol illegal would get most of our drunk drivers to stop.

And following with that same logic, making weed legal is going to make a lot of people eat their words. We're going to see a big spike in the number of weed-related car accidents. And that's why the current numbers seem to "prove" that weed doesn't affect a persons driving ability nearly as much as alcohol does.

There's no doubt in my mind that some people drive high already. But look at the number of people who actually get high, compared to the number of people who drink. There are roughly 310 million people in America, and according to the National Institute for Drug Abuse, about 3 million Americans smoke weed every day, and another 3 million smoke once a month. So around 6 million people out of around 310 million. That's about .01% - that's 1 person out of every hundred.

Conversely, according to the World Health Organization, just under 88% of Americans over age 21 drink alcohol at least once a month - that's 272.2 million Americans who drink.

272 million people in America drink alcohol at least once a month.
6 million people in America smoke weed at least once a month.

Why do the facts show that weed doesn't contribute to car accidents nearly as much as alcohol? I just can't figure it out. But maybe it's because 45 times more people drink. Maybe.

Last edited by Bobson; 06-17-2010 at 04:40 PM.
post #18 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobson View Post
I'm with you, except I didn't smoke before I grew up. I'll never vote for legalizing it.

Edit:

Okay, so I just watched the vid. Now I can't stop laughing. A bunch of criminal Obama supporters make a dramatic video because they want to get stoned in public, instead of just in their own homes like they already do, and you guys are rallying your support as if proclaiming your allegiance to a glorious cause. At least one sentence in that video was definitely true:

This is getting ridiculous.

Second Edit:

I guess this explains why people still support Obama. They're too damn stoned to give a damn about what a terrible president he is.

There is waaaaay more to it then just Obama... He's just a Poster Boy. The Legalization of marijuana goes waaaaaaay back.

Personally I really dont care if it is Legal, Its just the fact that people get frowned apon if they smoke it, just because people think its soo bad. The point of that video was not to say "Hey I get high, let me do it at work!" It was too say that there is LEGIT people out there who smoke (laywers/officers/ect ect). Canada has alot easier law's on weed, But everyone and there dog goes to jail for having a small nug on them in the States...

Its almost like a equality thing, if you think about it that way... The last 4 Mayor's that we have had in my City have been absolute drunks/alcoholics... did anyone care? Nope "cause booze is legal" Phhh.. If I was going for mayor and word went out that I smoke, Do you think I would get voted? probably not because it is frowned apon, this is why people are trying to leagilize it - to be Equal. Look at the huge deal everyone made about Obama having a hit of a joint.... WHO FUCKIN CARES!!!!!! ITS JUST A GOD DAM FLOWER!

ranting about this kinda just makes me love Canada even more...

[Most.Dope]
post #19 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Yes, it would be better, and yes, you bet your ass it would. It wouldn't make drunk driving disappear completely, so don't jump at the chance of misquoting me as if I think it would, but making alcohol illegal would get most of our drunk drivers to stop.

And following with that same logic, making weed legal is going to make a lot of people eat their words. We're going to see a big spike in the number of weed-related car accidents. And that's why the current numbers seem to "prove" that weed doesn't affect a persons driving ability nearly as much as alcohol does.

There's no doubt in my mind that some people drive high already. But look at the number of people who actually get high, compared to the number of people who drink. There are roughly 310 million people in America, and according to the National Institute for Drug Abuse, about 3 million Americans smoke weed every day, and another 3 million smoke once a month. So around 6 million people out of around 310 million. That's about .01% - that's 1 person out of every hundred.

Conversely, according to the World Health Organization, just under 88% of Americans over age 21 drink alcohol at least once a month - that's 272.2 million Americans who drink.

Why do the facts show that weed doesn't contribute to car accidents nearly as much as alcohol? I just can't figure it out.
easy mr.scarcasm... I understand your numbers and what not... but it still stands that marijuana does not affect your moto skills as bad a alcohol does.... If anything its going to make you drive slower hah.

[Most.Dope]
post #20 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:43 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

Why do the facts show that weed doesn't contribute to car accidents nearly as much as alcohol? I just can't figure it out. But maybe it's because 45 times more people drink. Maybe.
you should look up the numbers of death's caused my marijuana

[Most.Dope]
post #21 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

Let those numbers talk for ya... !

[Most.Dope]
post #22 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

its at the very bottom of that list if you missed it..

[Most.Dope]
post #23 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
ya i see ur point... they should make like insane laws against driving high/drunk .. that way no one even dares do it , if they are going to legalize it
sounds like you think alcohol is the lesser of the two evils when it comes to driving. am i correct or did i grossly misread your post.

i think instead of making harsher punishment for ppl who drive drunk, if ppl cared they would tend to the needs of those drunken idiots by giving them a lot more access to ways to either sober up or get home safely.

by the rules set up for classification on substances, alcohol should be illegal. as it can kill you get you addicted and serves no real medical purpose. but its the drug of choice of politicians

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #24 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Knee Dragger

I remain unimpressed, bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30
"3. The most obvious concern when dealing with drug safety is the possibility of lethal effects. Can the drug cause death?

"4. Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal effects. But marijuana is not such a substance. There is no record in the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented cannabis-induced fatality.

"5. This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death.

"6. By contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year.

"7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.

"8. At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

"9. In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity."
In summary, what this is saying is that nobody has ever died by overdosing on marijuana. And nothing more. It doesn't account for marijuana-related deaths (like people who got in car accidents when they were driving high) whatsoever.

On the other hand, it does account for alcohol-related deaths, like drunk driving, rather than just death by alcohol poisoning or alcohol-caused disease. In fact, according to the first explanation (See footnote 1, immediately under the chart - http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30), alcohol-related car accidents account for 43,000 of those 85,000 alcohol-related deaths. That's over 50%.

In other words, that page provides biased results, and it says so on the page itself (see my quote, taken from http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30 ).

post #25 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Knee Dragger

I'm not trying to be a ****, by the way. It's just that every single time I see information trying to explain how pot is so much safer than all these other common things, the information's skewed. And frankly, I don't give a damn whether or not pot is safer than alcohol. I've done more than my fair share of drinking in the past, and I can't stand being around people who drink now. Just because pot's safer than alcohol doesn't make pot safe.

Safer != safe.

Alcohol should be illegal, simply because people are too irresponsible to use it safely, and users aren't only affecting themselves, they're affecting others (evidenced by the fact that over 50% of annual alcohol-related deaths are caused by drunk drivers; Thanks for the stat page, Tay). And that has nothing to do with pot. A child's argument: alcohol is terribly dangerous, and it's legal, so pot should be legal too, cause it's not as bad as alcohol. Does that mean its good for you? Is pot a vitamin now, because its not as bad as alcohol? No, it's still a mind-altering drug, so it's not safe. I really don't see how any other view can even be entertained by any responsible adult who thinks for himself.

Also, I know one guy in particular who smoked pot one time, and insists, to this day, that he sees everything differently now, and has since then; and if he could undo one thing from his entire life, it would be that he never smoked pot that one time. I've known him for over 15 years, and he's a very grounded, down to earth person, and I've never known him to lie about anything.

Last edited by Bobson; 06-17-2010 at 05:33 PM.
post #26 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:33 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
WTF? Is this threads comments for real? Ban alcohol? Do people not study history anymore in High School? Have they forgotten that, that was a failed experiment? So instead of increasing crack downs on drunk drivers some people would rather increase organized crime with the smuggling of alcohol? Oh, and I don't want to hear crap about how that was during the depression and crime fighting isnt what it is today because as I see it this nation spends millions a year on the war on drugs and some of you would rather increase the amount spent on it to reduce the amount of drunk driving? I've read some pretty retarded statements on the internet but this here is one of the dumbest. If anything I think we should lower the drinking age. Most drunk drivers are young kids who go wild when they finally reach the drinking age. How many times do you hear about binge drinking in college? I think if you lower it and expose people to it earlier you won't have the rampant partying. Earlier exposer will lead to mature use.

Say what you'll say about weed and what your told from a very skewed media but I see the legalization as a good thing.

post #27 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05'Scorpion View Post
Most people who smoke want it legal including the cops, most of them feel like assholes when the raid a mom and pop operation and the 2 occupants have never been charged or bothered anyone themselves. I have a cop friend who says that its the biggest waste of his time and taxpayers dollars chasing people who smoke or grow. GO after the gangs and leave people alone.

Last edited by adamcbr4lyfe; 06-18-2010 at 01:16 PM.
post #28 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Say what you'll say about weed and what your told from a very skewed media but I see the legalization as a good thing.
Wow, when you put it like that, I can see how all the facts I gathered must be wrong.

post #29 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Wow, when you put it like that, I can see how all the facts I gathered must be wrong.
Its not perfect by any means, but weed is somewhere between cigarettes and coffee for dangerous drugs. By the way if your looking for a land of everthing being illegal, you should try the middle east somewhere!! Seems what your going for to me.
post #30 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Knee Dragger

I'm looking for a land of people who are responsible enough to make good decisions, or at the very least, bad decisions that only affect themselves, but America's losers insist on dragging everyone down with them (which is why we're having this discussion right now, I won't beat around the bush). And I spent 6 months in Iraq already, head out there yourself and then we'll talk.

When I look at the lives of every single person I know who smokes pot (or has already moved on to harder drugs), and compare it to my own life, or others who chose to never smoke, the difference is ridiculous, and its a fact that smokers are losers. I don't give a damn who I offend by saying that, because it'll only offend people who do smoke.

Edit: For that one guy out of every million who might be an exception, I'll grant the benefit of a great deal of doubt. Most people who smoke are losers.

Last edited by Bobson; 06-18-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page