invention help - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
invention help

hi i got an idea for a new product or invention, can anyone tell me are there any real legit companies out there that are really there to help NOT scamming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
whats the idea?

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
whats the idea?
Hey are you trying to steal his idea

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 09:27 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3dmax View Post
Hey are you trying to steal his idea
Haha, i know your joking.

But if he posts it in here, i believe it would serve as a legal document in court. Its time stamped. Just put a little copyright into in there as well. And leave your initials at the bottom.

If you share your idea that is.

When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge.
-Confucius

R.I.P. phatty
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Knee Dragger

I believe your best route is to visit a patent attorney and share your ideas. He will give you the low down on how to proceed.
First type up a couple pages describing your idea, put a date on it and your signature etc the more documentation the better, if you could find a public notary to noterize it that'd be overkill but self assurance incase anyone ever tried to steal your idea.

I have about 7-10 ideas myself that i am currently developing and am supposed to have my first meeting with a patent attorney this month.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 02:50 AM
World Superbike Racer

Yes, companies to help you develop your ideas do exist. But it's going to be seriously expensive, or you're going to lose a large share of the profits/ownership in your idea/invention for the help.

Unless you have a REALLY solid idea, and hopefully a working prototype... You're going to have a hard time convincing people.

My uncle has a few patented devices... and the patent process is insanely expensive. Like, more than your avg brand new car expensive.

If you haven't seen it already, there's a discovery show out there called "Pitchmen" it gives you a decent idea of just how much sh*t is involved with getting a product from idea to market. A must watch if you're thinking of inventing your own gizmo. Season one is/was on Netflix (free for 30 days... watch it and cancel the subscription).
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 09:31 PM
OG

Location: San Antone, Texas ... I wonder how many letters you can type before it won't allow you to ty
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some good advice here.

My dad pushes new products all the time. Some work, most don't. But in all cases he's used other people's money and still claimed ceo, president, etc and walked with millions when he feels it's time to exit and start something new.

It is certainly best to use other people. You shouldn't be scared of that. Just document everything before throwing out your line.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
let us all know how it turns out!
im sure all of us have some cool ideas of use locked away in our minds somewhere,
i know i have a few.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

My brother-in-law is a patent attorney but he works with large commercial clients. There is a free website that you can use to search current patents. I think the first thing you should do is make sure there isnt already a patent out on that product. You'd be surprised at the kind of stuff you'd find. My dad thought he invented something and it turns out there were like 30 other patents for similar products.
A lawyer will charge you $500-$1000 to do a patent search but you can do it yourself for free. If you need the link PM me and I'll ask my bro in law but it should be easy to find with a google search.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisFaster View Post
My brother-in-law is a patent attorney but he works with large commercial clients. There is a free website that you can use to search current patents. I think the first thing you should do is make sure there isnt already a patent out on that product. You'd be surprised at the kind of stuff you'd find. My dad thought he invented something and it turns out there were like 30 other patents for similar products.
A lawyer will charge you $500-$1000 to do a patent search but you can do it yourself for free. If you need the link PM me and I'll ask my bro in law but it should be easy to find with a google search.
This guy is correct, do a patent search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page