post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Want Welfare? Take a drug test!

Every state should be doing this!

http://us.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/0...html?hpt=hp_t1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
03WisconsinRR (06-16-2011), AfroCBR (06-07-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
World Superbike Racer

I soooo agree!

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
TRUST NO ONE

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Isn't it funny how the guy that wants the drug screening for welfare recipients is connected to a company that makes money from drug screening?!....are you serious?

FLYCBR
The Following User Says Thank You to flycbr For This Useful Post:
thaghost (06-11-2011)

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
TRUST NO ONE

What would happen to all those trailer park folks?...

FLYCBR
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycbr View Post
What would happen to all those trailer park folks?...
Not my issue, I work for a living.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
DepPravacion (06-10-2011)
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 10:16 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
The guy is a business man that is involved in many profitable companies. If just about every other company does drug screening felware/foodstamps and every other government assisted program should be on the top of that list. I do not work my butt off to pay for someone else to get part of that money so they can go by drugs with it and a nice big steak from the grocery store. They should be eating beans/rice. You don't need to get gout so I can pay for your medication too. If you think foodstamps can only be used for food your very, very wrong. I have seen it first hand traded for cash on many occations. The government wants to be a business it needs to be run by a business man/woman not someone who has worked for "the people" his/her whole life. NO COMPANY ON THE PLANET CAN SURVIVE THIS MUCH SPENDING!!!!!!!!

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
The guy is a business man that is involved in many profitable companies. If just about every other company does drug screening felware/foodstamps and every other government assisted program should be on the top of that list. I do not work my butt off to pay for someone else to get part of that money so they can go by drugs with it and a nice big steak from the grocery store. They should be eating beans/rice. You don't need to get gout so I can pay for your medication too. If you think foodstamps can only be used for food your very, very wrong. I have seen it first hand traded for cash on many occations. The government wants to be a business it needs to be run by a business man/woman not someone who has worked for "the people" his/her whole life. NO COMPANY ON THE PLANET CAN SURVIVE THIS MUCH SPENDING!!!!!!!!
Amen to that.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Maybe if those that are not familiar with this hopefully you will read it and realize this is a very good route that we should all consider. It just makes sense. Gives the power back to the people. It's our money we should spend it how we want to and on what we want to. Gov't gets the money it gets and that's it. No more. Most of us have budgets and have to work within them. We don't get to change that unless we work harder for it and make sacrifices or more money to get those things we want. http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycbr View Post
Isn't it funny how the guy that wants the drug screening for welfare recipients is connected to a company that makes money from drug screening?!....are you serious?
It was said that his company would not be bidding for a contract...

Love how people are saying this is unconstitutional in the comments on there. So it is unconstitutional for you to have to prove you arent taking federally banned substances in order to get free money which comes from my tak dollars, but me having to taking random piss tests to maintain the PRIVALEDGE of WORKING to EARN my money is perfectly fine.

Im proud to be from FL and I hope they stick to their guns with this. Cant wait to see the stats after 6 months of this policy, then hopefully every state will go to this when they see how much money it will actually save.

Its because of this waste that they are now talking pay cuts for the military. At a time when we are involved in three different countries and poking and prodding others all the time. And they want to reduce the military pay. We are gonna be going back to the days where military families were on welfare and receiving food stamps. /endrant

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
Extremely Well put!
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Training Wheel Hero

After reading it again....not a fan of this loophole
"Those who fail the required drug testing may designate another individual to receive the benefits on behalf of their children, and do not receive a refund for the test."

So they could have someone else give them money for their drugs?
Just can't win...
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
We are gonna be going back to the days where military families were on welfare and receiving food stamps. /endrant
There is no going back because it still happens. I had some of my guys on welfare and food stamps.

But I do agree that drug testing a great idea.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Pocketbike Racer

They should be tested every 6 months too!! I work at a grocery store and am tired of seeing these people who abuse the system. They all always have attitudes like we owe them something, and they buy crab legs and lobster tails and candy and crap like that. But I work for a living and can barely afford to eat each month.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle app
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I couldnt be any happier about the new law...I've written so many papers in college about this topic in debate and always fought for how good of an idea this is.

-Justin//'05 CBR600RR.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
if i have to pass a jfuking drug test so i can go to work and PAY TAXES, then all the lazy ass mofo's sitting around collecting need to be aswell.

im 100% AGAINST the whole war on drugs and its endless waste of time/money.

but fawk! y the hell does the other guy get to be riding on his 26" rims smoking a blunt on the way to the welfare office. bitchslap*

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to DepPravacion For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (06-10-2011)
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 01:18 AM
OG

Location: San Antone, Texas ... I wonder how many letters you can type before it won't allow you to ty
I was at the local HEB today buyin some bar-b-que (HEB = Grocery store, btw) when I observed this couple buyin 4-5lb. bags of shrimp and a few pounds of steaks. I casually made the comment, "You guys sure like shrimp!"... They responded "We don't... But the fish sure do!" This, they said, as they swipe their 'Lone Star Card' (Texas food stamps) to pay for their purchase.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I think politicians should have to take drug test as well. All other government employees have to take drug test. What makes them exempt? I bet you at the minimum weed would be legal
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
but fawk! y the hell does the other guy get to be riding on his 26" rims smoking a blunt on the way to the welfare office. bitchslap*
You know, I saw a story one of my friends posted a while ago. It was written by a hospital worker about one particular person who came in for treatment, was on medicaid, yet was wearing air jordans, had gold teeth, gold chains, etc. Why do we foot the bill for people who don't have their priorities straight?

I also think that the whole drug test thing is to get those who are earning money under the table selling drugs, yet still on welfare, out of buisness too. I personally think anybody on welfair should be more likely to be audited, I've heard of a lot of them that work under the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast6rr View Post
I think politicians should have to take drug test as well. All other government employees have to take drug test. What makes them exempt? I bet you at the minimum weed would be legal
I believe Marijuana is far to regulated, and the consequences in some states for using, or being caught with it are WAYY to high (texas, life sentence possible) BUT! There are some bad things about it. It can kick you into schizo, memory problems, and I think a few other things. Very minor compared to other drugs. If I do a drug, ever, this will be it, but I'm not ready to try now, my motorcycle costs enough, and yields enough happiness for me as it is

Current bikes:
2004 CBR600RR (daily rider, to be raced)
2006 CRF450R
1973 CG150 (off road, future restoration project)
1971 CB100 (being restored)
2006 BWS50 Zuma
Bikes of my (recent) past:
2004 Honda Ruckus, completely built, 55mph on the flats, 60 downhill and/or drafting
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250
2004 Yamaha R6

CBR600RR Mods:
BMC race filter
Jardine slip on
8987 PENSKE triple adjustable shock
STM slipper clutch
Power Commander III

Gear up or go home!!
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Knee Dragger

I agree 100% If they want free money, that I earned, they don't need to waste it on drugs.

08 Black/Silver 1000rr

05 Repsol 600rr - stolen
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Plenty of people have to take a drug test to work.

Why not have to take one to get paid not to work?
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Mad Chemist

Leave it to the Federal Judges......

Updated 10/24/11 2:47 p.m.
Posted 10/24/11 2:32 p.m.

ORLANDO, Fla. (WLS) - A federal judge temporarily blocked Florida's new law that requires welfare applicants to pass a drug test before receiving the benefits on Monday, saying it may violate the Constitution's ban on unreasonable searches and seizures.

Judge Mary Scriven's ruling is in response to a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union that claims the law is unconstitutional. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of a 35-year-old Navy veteran and single father who sought the benefits while finishing his college degree, but refused to take the test.

Nearly 1,600 applicants have refused to take the test since testing began in mid-July, but they aren't required to say why. Thirty-two applicants failed the test and more than 7,000 have passed, according to the Department of Children and Families. The majority of positives were for marijuana.

Supporters say applicants skipped the test because they knew they would have tested positive for drugs. Applicants must pay $25 to $35 for the test and are reimbursed by the state if they pass. It's unclear if the state has saved money. During his campaign, Scott said the measure would save $77 million, but it's unclear how he arrived at those figures.

Under the Temporary Assistance For Needy Families program, the state gives $180 a month for one person or $364 for a family of four.

Those who test positive for drugs are ineligible for the cash assistance for one year, though passing a drug course can cut that period in half. If they fail a second time, they are ineligible for three years.

The ACLU says Florida was the first to enact such a law since Michigan tried more than a decade ago. Michigan's random drug testing program for welfare recipients lasted five weeks in 1999 before it was halted by a judge, kicking off a four-year legal battle that ended with an appeals court ruling it unconstitutional.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Content Copyright 2011 WLS Radio 890AM and WLSAM.com. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 01:48 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Why dont people understand welfare isn't a right? Im all for drugs and legalizing but lets face it, drugs are a LUXURY. If you are taking money out of taxpayers pockets then guess what, you dont need to be spending portions (or all) of it on drugs. Theres no debating this. If you NEED help financially, you shouldnt be on drugs. Plain and simple.

This country is ******* retarded sometimes.

And I dont understand how this could be considered unreasonable search and seizure. You are APPLYING for gov aid. You are not guaranteed it. They ASK you to provide. If you dont want to, no worries, but you arent getting any money. And from the looks of it 1600 people took that option so far.

This is no more "unreasonable" than the entrance processing I had to go through to join the military. Or the random piss tests that I have to submit to several times a year to KEEP my job.

When did people in this country start being born ******* entitled to everything? No one owes you ****.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .b0link For This Useful Post:
Sun-Zoom-Spark (11-20-2011), tripage (10-26-2011)
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Knee Dragger

agreeeed!!!
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 08:17 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Well mutha fugger. So this is nixed already? I am so for this. What hard working American wouldn't be? Only problem I see is thatnit wouldn't save any money, cause guess what? Those same freeloaders will go somewhere else for a free meal... Where you ask? My garage, my house, your garage, your house... Crime will sky rocket and that money saved will have to be used for a boost in law officials, jails, prisons, prison workers (and of course luxuries for the prisoners). Which, is fine by me (exept the luxuries part). Prefer my money go to someone hard at work, it's just a bonus that the money would go to protect our rights.

04 883 Sportster - SOLD
06 Softail FXST - SOLD
09 CBR 600rr - DRIFTER

Last edited by Sgt Danimal; 11-20-2011 at 08:21 AM.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

I had to take a drug test for my job, and since welfare is their job....you get the picture.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Mad Chemist

Who knows if drugs are involved here, but this is the problem with the welfare state:

I Got 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddys-SOMEONE'S GONNA PAY FOR ME & MY KIDS!!!

http://youtu.be/bavou_SEj1E

post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherzRoony View Post
Who knows if drugs are involved here, but this is the problem with the welfare state:

I Got 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddys-SOMEONE'S GONNA PAY FOR ME & MY KIDS!!!

http://youtu.be/bavou_SEj1E

She's got to be ******* joking. What a pathetic excuse for a responsible human being. It's called a condom
Maybe she should look into it. Smart move on the fathers part. "heh hehhh I'm getting locked up Not dealin with this **** anymore!"

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
What a pathetic excuse for a responsible human being. It's called a condom
What is it with Blacks and Condoms?? The fact that they don't have to be responsible for the outcome of their actions that keeps them from using them??

Nothing racist about it, just statistics folks!

Last edited by WherzRoony; 12-01-2011 at 07:31 PM.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

I'm glad to see this thread at the top again.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Moto GP Racer

legalize it and get rid of welfare, and give condoms to preachers.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page