the worlds largest army - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the worlds largest army

I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran. More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no persons were killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters. All of whom have now returned home safely.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that...

The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest armed force in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

* * * * That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed!

* * * * Remember this when the idiots in Washington consider gun control legislation!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Obed For This Useful Post:
Bruce2009cbr600 (08-03-2011), DepPravacion (08-03-2011), LanCo Rider (08-21-2011), LearningCurve (08-03-2011), MXRider (08-03-2011), SBK Toy Store (08-03-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Bring it on!!!!! Good luck trying to disarm us

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If disarming even got close, I bet the US would divide. Id rather be on the gun side.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't think disarming is the right way to go, but a bit more regulations on your gun control measures could prevent deaths and murders.

Hunting rifles are not the problem - it's things like automatics and hand guns that leak on to the streets that are a problem

Canada doesn't allow automatics and we have VERY strict regulations on hand guns

I live in the Capital of Canada and we have only had 6 homicides this year so far - and half of those were not gun related. with that said a huge percentage of the people in our population own multiple guns

I am from CANADA, the land of poutine, back-bacon and GOOD BEER!!
2012 STREET BIKE OF THE YEAR
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashuffer View Post
If disarming even got close, I bet the US would divide. Id rather be on the gun side.

LOL +1 here

I am from CANADA, the land of poutine, back-bacon and GOOD BEER!!
2012 STREET BIKE OF THE YEAR
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Canadians and U.S Americans will most likely think different on this. Gun control isn't the problem. Stupid people is the problem. I think if we open carried we would have less problems. Stupid people 99% of the time will start shooting in a place they know doesn't allow firearms. Schools,banks. If they know that there are people around them that could be carrying then they would probably think twice about being stupid. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. I for one don't have enough trust in any government state or local entity to rely on them protecting me and my family. For this I will step up the plate.
This is just one persons view. I have never been to Canada, don't know how it is but I will say that if you take away one weapon they are probably just going to use something else. Bats,knifes etc.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wisconsin is where it's at.

There are so many little semi-serious splinter militias just waiting for Iran to pull some crap and (for whatever reason) invade the northwoods.

We just got concealed carry passed, too. Let the games begin...
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
an armed society is a civil society.

the war on 'terror' is really just a war on the american citizens liberties.

ive been watching a lot of documentaries on the american revolution. just to keep fresh on the way things were before it finally boiled over.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Behind every blade of grass motherfucker!
The Following User Says Thank You to MXRider For This Useful Post:
LanCo Rider (08-21-2011)
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

2nd amendment - the right to bare arms. good luck trying to take that away.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Prohibition. Not impossible to remove amendments. Extremely difficult, but possible.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tec crx View Post
I don't think disarming is the right way to go, but a bit more regulations on your gun control measures could prevent deaths and murders.

Hunting rifles are not the problem - it's things like automatics and hand guns that leak on to the streets that are a problem

Canada doesn't allow automatics and we have VERY strict regulations on hand guns

I live in the Capital of Canada and we have only had 6 homicides this year so far - and half of those were not gun related. with that said a huge percentage of the people in our population own multiple guns

I have a hard time trying to discuss firearms and ownership with canadians... especially those of you who live in the French half...
I tend to have folks from Calgary see more along familiar lines when I talk with them... I try to be respectful of your culture and your lack of understanding of personal liberties and rights, realizing that you have never experienced them... but here in the States United, we are of a really different culture than yours and see things quite differently... I would never bad mouth your way of doing things, as I believe in the people doing what they want, and your being subjects rather than citizens seems to be what most eastern canadians want... and that is ok with me... but it will not fly here....
automatic weapons, handguns are not any problem at all.. it is people who are the problem.. and our lack of putting the bad guys away and keeping them there leads to our problems, firearms do not...
in no place where we have had more of our constitutional rights restored.. where handguns are on the streets in the hands of common citizens has the crime rate, has the violence rate risen.. in fact .. it has gone down...
in the States United the cities that have the most restrictive firearms laws, also happen to have the highest rate of violent crime...
our cultures are different and the reaction to our rights being taken away is different than your people have shown...our constitution affirms, it does not give us our right to own guns.... and that affirmation is to see to it that we have the right to defend ourselves against our government.. it has nothing to do with hunting or personal protection from the bad guys.. unless you consider the government as the bad guys, and more and more of us are getting to that point....
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Like my bumper sticker says, guns dont kill people, people kill people. I will ALWAYS have my own gun, rifle, shotgun, handgun... all of them

08 Black/Silver 1000rr

05 Repsol 600rr - stolen
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obed View Post
I have a hard time trying to discuss firearms and ownership with Canadians... especially those of you who live in the French half...
I tend to have folks from Calgary see more along familiar lines when I talk with them... I try to be respectful of your culture and your lack of understanding of personal liberties and rights, realizing that you have never experienced them... but here in the States United, we are of a really different culture than yours and see things quite differently... I would never bad mouth your way of doing things, as I believe in the people doing what they want, and your being subjects rather than citizens seems to be what most eastern canadians want... and that is ok with me... but it will not fly here....
automatic weapons, handguns are not any problem at all.. it is people who are the problem.. and our lack of putting the bad guys away and keeping them there leads to our problems, firearms do not...
in no place where we have had more of our constitutional rights restored.. where handguns are on the streets in the hands of common citizens has the crime rate, has the violence rate risen.. in fact .. it has gone down...
in the States United the cities that have the most restrictive firearms laws, also happen to have the highest rate of violent crime...
our cultures are different and the reaction to our rights being taken away is different than your people have shown...our constitution affirms, it does not give us our right to own guns.... and that affirmation is to see to it that we have the right to defend ourselves against our government.. it has nothing to do with hunting or personal protection from the bad guys.. unless you consider the government as the bad guys, and more and more of us are getting to that point....

I agree that guns dont kill people its the STUPID people who kill. But dont you think that SEMI auto/auto guns give you a greater chance of killing more people quickly? How can you Regulate on STUPID people? people who want to own a gun go under some psychological test every 2-3 years to make sure are okay? I am not against gun i think its should be bit more regulated somehow thats all.

Would you say it would be okay that we should be able to own RPGs, Smaller anti air craft guns (to bring down RC planes for fun) or even a small missile or nuclear war head for pleasure purpose and hand grenades. its not the weapon that kill people its simple how many people you can kill with certain weapon in certain amount of time.

You can not eliminate stupid people there will always be some people who will take there guns and kill people for whatever reason why should they have access to it? May be they can simply go to a controlled place and use whatever gun they want to use or have there own gun but stored at controlled place/environment instead of home?....

Just cause someone is rich should be allowed to own F22 with all its ammunition for his fun on the weekend? next thing we know he is dropping bomb coz his GF dumped him lol...

Don't get me wrong i love guns and sometime i wish in Canada we have better laws so i can shoot some nice guns!!!
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hell yea! Subscribed for future reference.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Knee Dragger

Obed, when you talk about the cities with the most restrictive gun laws having higher rates of crime, your connecting two things that are not independant of each other. could it be possible that the gun laws came into effect because of the stupid people committing these crimes? and either way, two events that are correlated doesnt mean they are intertwined indefinitely.

OP: im really glad America is Canadas neighbor :) i feel safe

-06 red cbr600rr-
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Knee Dragger

As for myself, being an AmeriCanadian (British Columbia & South Carolina), its pretty interesting the different ways both sides of the border view the "2nd amendment". Seems it all comes down simply to what each nations people hold up highest. For Canadians its (and im definitely not speaking for all canadians) the trio of Peace, Order, and Good Government, while America's declaration of independance defends each person’s absolute right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness(and thats of course not a legal document but a very important thing that came about in the American Rev.). So trying not to put anyone into a labeled box i would venture to say that Liberty is an important American virtue, and Stability is an important virtue to Canadians. I think this really does clear things a bit more in reference to whats been talked about..
and i just wrote a damn intro to a thesis.. :)

PS i would love to shoot an SKS one day. but as for now ill just live in BC and ski/bike/surf :)

-06 red cbr600rr-
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 12:10 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Regulations only affect the good citizens of the society not the criminals.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
an armed society is a civil society.

the war on 'terror' is really just a war on the american citizens liberties.

I agree. A society without weapons is just as good as slaves and their owners. I'm not calling anyone a slave. It's a metaphor, so please don't take offense.

The war on terror? Ya, I'm right there with ya on that one. I think there's multiple wars on "terror" right now going on, both on our own ground, and the ground of others. The wars going on in our back yards are so subtle though that few pick up on them, or even care about them. Sure we have the right to bare arms, but who says what arms we can and cannot have? Also, it says nothing about munitions for those arms. Have you not noticed the severely rising cost in ammunition? It's outrageous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanf1 View Post
I agree that guns dont kill people its the STUPID people who kill. But dont you think that SEMI auto/auto guns give you a greater chance of killing more people quickly? How can you Regulate on STUPID people? people who want to own a gun go under some psychological test every 2-3 years to make sure are okay? I am not against gun i think its should be bit more regulated somehow thats all.

Would you say it would be okay that we should be able to own RPGs, Smaller anti air craft guns (to bring down RC planes for fun) or even a small missile or nuclear war head for pleasure purpose and hand grenades. its not the weapon that kill people its simple how many people you can kill with certain weapon in certain amount of time.

You can not eliminate stupid people there will always be some people who will take there guns and kill people for whatever reason why should they have access to it? May be they can simply go to a controlled place and use whatever gun they want to use or have there own gun but stored at controlled place/environment instead of home?....

Just cause someone is rich should be allowed to own F22 with all its ammunition for his fun on the weekend? next thing we know he is dropping bomb coz his GF dumped him lol...

I think you're right, maybe they should have thorough psych screenings every few years. I'd be cool with that. But reguardless, it's not gonna stop some people. I think the screening process they have now is retarded though, does close to nothing.

RPGs, grenades? Really? Come on. There's a difference between small arms, and other weapons. You can do a hell of a lot more damage with one grenade then you could an entire clip from a 5.56 caliber AR-15. There's no need for larger weapons such as RPGs and grenades or rocket launchers. And Personal nukes? Really, you went there?(i'm seriously thinking starship troopers right now) There's no need for all that stuff, is the point. Small arms can both be personal protection, as well as recreational. The other stuff just gets into pure destruction and chaos. What i mean is, the area effected is much larger and the damage is much more sufficient. You fire a single RPG at someone's car, it's going up in a ball of flames, or at their house, it's gonna be halfway destroyed. You misfire a pistol or shotgun, far less damage would be done. There is an obvious difference. Bigger weapons are too dangerous for the average person to own(for their own safety), not to mention, they have no practical use. Well, besides the occasional go out in a field and blow up a barn or old car. Shooting a clip or 2 from a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, can be done much more easily. Let us not forget to mention what the police have. They don't usually have equipment to combat someone with an RPG, an extremely high powered rifle, or personal nuke. They'd be screwed like there aint no tomorrow. So keeping it to light arms, helps the police do their job better. ...sorta. You said it's not the weapon, it's how many people they can kill within a certain amount of time? Most light arms(which is all that's allowed) are pretty similar in that regard, once you get past light arms though, you multiply the numbers like crazy. What a morbid way to think about it. :-/

It's true, stupid people that are gonna kill others shouldn't have access to firearms, and a lot of those stupid people are denied access to them by the laws in place. However, they go elsewhere to where the laws are ignored, and get their weapons that way. Sadly, it's actually easier than one might think to purchase a weapon illegally. It's just like drugs, the govt. tries to get a hold on it, but they just can't keep up, and that sucks. And having to keep your firearm stored somewhere besides the home? What happens when a burglar breaks into your home, and because you woke up, threatens to kill you and your family? I would like to think I could pull my 12 gauge out from under my mattress and pump 4 into the a$$holes chest, instead of taking one to my head as my family watches because I couldn't keep my shotgun in my own home. But I do understand your point of view as well. You take the weapon away, it can't be used for good, nor evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raemhild View Post
Regulations only affect the good citizens of the society not the criminals.
It's true. Putting more and more laws on people is only stopping the good citizens and and maybe a few criminals from obtaining firearms. Bad people will still get what they want, some how, some way.

I forgot who said something about the places that have less strict gun laws, and allow open carrying of weapons to have far less crime. Hell, this isn't the first time I've heard of this, and I believe it. If you had everyone in a 711 carrying either a pistol or a rifle on their back, a robber would see that and probably think twice about pointing a firearm at the clerks face. Meanwhile, the place that he knows NO ONE is allowed to have a weapon on them, he knows he's good, and can walk all over that store taking everything everyone in there has. I say open carrying laws everywhere in the US.

Lets not forget to mention, there's less deaths caused from firearms per year than there are deaths from automobiles! A firearm is nothing more than a tool. Just as a pencil cannot write words without a hand using it, and a mind willing it. Or our bikes, won't fire up and drive around a track without you. Well, a pistol isn't going to shoot someone on it's own.
http://www.datamasher.org/mash-ups/f...vehicle-deaths

I love firearms, I was raised around em, and I think they are necessary to own, and good plain fun to shoot. Never point a firearm at something you do not intend to destroy.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

With the media the way it is right now (crazy liberal if you look for it, crazy conservative if you look for it), the idea of rogue militias keeping tyranny in check is kind of terrifying...

Firearms today are a whole different category than they were when the second amendment was written. That being said, what is a "well regulated militia?" I would personally give up my right to own a .50 cal high rate machine gun if it prevented a crazy Rush Limbaugh listening conservative from getting one with his casino winnings. However, if there was a well-regulated and rational group organized to keep tyranny in check, I'd love for them to have a crazy machine gun.

Personal protection and sporting rights are one thing. Offensive strength is another.
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 AM

Our government can't regulate it's self. You can't give them everything and expect anything in return. They will take what is given and slowly take away one thing at a time till they are in control "for our own good". Pretty sure criminals don't care about the law. Don't have the numbers but has anyone noticed that when there is a robbery or shooting most of the time it's in a place where patrons can't carry?
College,school,bank ect. The bad guys know this and that's why they target these places.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
Our government can't regulate it's self. You can't give them everything and expect anything in return. They will take what is given and slowly take away one thing at a time till they are in control "for our own good". Pretty sure criminals don't care about the law. Don't have the numbers but has anyone noticed that when there is a robbery or shooting most of the time it's in a place where patrons can't carry?
College,school,bank ect. The bad guys know this and that's why they target these places.
I don't think there's much truth to the shooting/robbery location statement. I'd argue that there are far more in inner city gas stations than colleges. Also, the reason for banks is because banks have large amounts of money to be stolen, not because there won't be people with guns.

I think our government can regulate itself far better than a small group of like-minded people who possess extremist attitudes... and grenades and machine guns.

That being said, my comment was directed at title-II destructive devices, not rifles, shotguns, and handguns. I'm very much pro-gun, but I'm very much pro-reason as well.

I think that way, WAY too many people are expressing disgust with government without doing anything about it. "Congrats, you voted!" There's more to it than that! We live in a representative democracy... write letters, call senators, question things to people who can do something about it. Attend public meetings! Stay informed!

Much can be done before tyranny-control militias would make sense at all. Needing the right to have a machine gun for that reason is on the same level as 8 year old needing to keep a condom in his glove box... it's preparing for something that neither makes sense nor is in the near future.

I think the restrictions on insane stuff are great. I could take any semi-auto rifle and make it a full auto at home with a few tools, should I ever need to. I could make a bomb in my garage, should I ever need to. The restrictions on the big stuff are very productive, in my opinion. It doesn't keep resourceful, revolutionary leader potentials from keeping things in check, it just keeps Cletus from blowing up the town hall because he pays too many taxes.

However, I do think the government is way too tough on more reasonable weapons. Concealed carry is not too much to ask. Semi-auto rifle aren't too much either.

Also, doesn't the desire to keep guns for the sake of keeping the government in check inherently equate to opposing constitutional democracy? Everything is put in place by elected officials and goes through independent judiciary review. An intense minority doesn't outweigh a low-key majority... changes eventually reflect the majority.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:35 AM

We live in a republic not a democracy. No where in any of our founding documents is democracy mentioned. We are a republic. If the government wants your 8 year old to have a condom they will tell you to do this, with or without your consent. Just like they have to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle. They will start with .50 cal then they will move the high capacity magizine, then it will be semi automatic, then you can't have a rifle, then why do you need a handgun the government is here to protect you from everyone.

I do not want the government to help me/protect me. Leave me alone. Let me live my life the way I want to. Think of it this way. What will happen when there is zero mods you can do to your bike? No aftermarket industry for anything. You drive what comes off the lot because that is what the government believes is the best motorcycle for your protection? No Hid's, no flush mount signals, no undertail, no new tag bracket. You get what you get, be happy you even have a motorcycle? Where does it stop? We have to pull together and get the government out of our pockets. If they don't have enough money to spend then so be it, stop trying to come up with new ways to get more from us. Why do I have to pay a fee to carry a concealed firearm? It's a right, it's not something I should be paying the government every 5 years for a plastic card with my picture on it. The drug dealer around the corner can carry a gun and he doesn't have a license and also has a couple warrants for his arrest. That will not keep him from carrying his weapon. Those that abide by the law are paying for those that don't.

The ones that vote are the ones that contribute. Hopefully there are more people that are wanting to make it work than there are that are willing to give up and accept a handout because those that are working now are just going to give up and those that want the handout and try and find it somewhere else.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by tripage; 08-22-2011 at 11:40 AM.
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenCamaro View Post
I don't think there's much truth to the shooting/robbery location statement. I'd argue that there are far more in inner city gas stations than colleges. Also, the reason for banks is because banks have large amounts of money to be stolen, not because there won't be people with guns.

I think our government can regulate itself far better than a small group of like-minded people who possess extremist attitudes... and grenades and machine guns.

That being said, my comment was directed at title-II destructive devices, not rifles, shotguns, and handguns. I'm very much pro-gun, but I'm very much pro-reason as well.

I think that way, WAY too many people are expressing disgust with government without doing anything about it. "Congrats, you voted!" There's more to it than that! We live in a representative democracy... write letters, call senators, question things to people who can do something about it. Attend public meetings! Stay informed!

Much can be done before tyranny-control militias would make sense at all. Needing the right to have a machine gun for that reason is on the same level as 8 year old needing to keep a condom in his glove box... it's preparing for something that neither makes sense nor is in the near future.

I think the restrictions on insane stuff are great. I could take any semi-auto rifle and make it a full auto at home with a few tools, should I ever need to. I could make a bomb in my garage, should I ever need to. The restrictions on the big stuff are very productive, in my opinion. It doesn't keep resourceful, revolutionary leader potentials from keeping things in check, it just keeps Cletus from blowing up the town hall because he pays too many taxes.

However, I do think the government is way too tough on more reasonable weapons. Concealed carry is not too much to ask. Semi-auto rifle aren't too much either.

Also, doesn't the desire to keep guns for the sake of keeping the government in check inherently equate to opposing constitutional democracy? Everything is put in place by elected officials and goes through independent judiciary review. An intense minority doesn't outweigh a low-key majority... changes eventually reflect the majority.
you are telling me, if a robber didnt know who, or who is not, carrying in a bank, the decision to rob the bank would be less likely? thus, lower bank robbery counts?

and no, keeping guns for the sake of keeping govt in check, does not meen the government is opposed

its means "dont try and become a dictatorship or we WILL stop you"

DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

The Following User Says Thank You to tenjin For This Useful Post:
tripage (08-22-2011)
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:43 AM

I believe there is a bank in TX that is the only bank in the country that welcomes patrons that carry. To date, that bank has never been robbed.. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
We live in a republic not a democracy. No where in any of our founding documents is democracy mentioned. We are a republic. If the government wants your 8 year old to have a condom they will tell you to do this, with or without your consent. Just like they have to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle. They will start with .50 cal then they will move the high capacity magizine, then it will be semi automatic, then you can't have a rifle, then why do you need a handgun the government is here to protect you from everyone.

I do not want the government to help me/protect me. Leave me alone. Let me live my life the way I want to. Think of it this way. What will happen when there is zero mods you can do to your bike? No aftermarket industry for anything. You drive what comes off the lot because that is what the government believes is the best motorcycle for your protection? No Hid's, no flush mount signals, no undertail, no new tag bracket. You get what you get, be happy you even have a motorcycle? Where does it stop? We have to pull together and get the government out of our pockets. If they don't have enough money to spend then so be it, stop trying to come up with new ways to get more from us. Why do I have to pay a fee to carry a concealed firearm? It's a right, it's not something I should be paying the government every 5 years for a plastic card with my picture on it. The drug dealer around the corner can carry a gun and he doesn't have a license and also has a couple warrants for his arrest. That will not keep him from carrying his weapon. Those that abide by the law are paying for those that don't.

The ones that vote are the ones that contribute. Hopefully there are more people that are wanting to make it work than there are that are willing to give up and accept a handout because those that are working now are just going to give up and those that want the handout and try and find it somewhere else.
Touché! I wish more people would utilize this kind of logic when trying to change minds.

Still, though, I haven't ENTIRELY flipped views... At what point should the government start keeping us safe then? I'll quote you on this:

"Have a little story to tell you about driving age.. When I was doing my M endorsement test at DMV. I had to wait for a guy to finish his car test "in another parking lot that is fenced off from mine" The guy was 86 and had to do his vision test 5 times before he passed it. Not sure how many times you get to guess at the letter/number you see but I think 5 times to see a letter/number is more than enough guesses to fail the test. They wouldn't let me do the course till he was completed, they said this. "We are worried that something might happen while he is doing the course." If you are worried about something happening on the course how does that make me feel when I leave here and he is on the street and can do what he wants? He passed the test, so it now 94 if still alive and still has a license. Probably legally blind but that's fine, he passed the test 9 years ago."

So the government should keep us safe from bad drivers, just not crazy people with RPG's and machine guns?
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
I believe there is a bank in TX that is the only bank in the country that welcomes patrons that carry. To date, that bank has never been robbed.. Coincidence? I doubt it.

not true, carry in banks in az is legal, and most bankers welcome carriers here ;)

DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjin View Post
you are telling me, if a robber didnt know who, or who is not, carrying in a bank, the decision to rob the bank would be less likely? thus, lower bank robbery counts?

and no, keeping guns for the sake of keeping govt in check, does not meen the government is opposed

its means "dont try and become a dictatorship or we WILL stop you"
I'm saying that banks aren't a special example, that logic applies everywhere! Again, let me say, I'm very pro-gun.

I do think keeping the government in check is reasonable, for sure... just not when it's all-out.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Not coincidence at all, that makes perfect sense! All I was saying is that banks aren't currently targeted over any other place because of conceal restrictions, they're targeted because they have lots of money; simple as that!

Yes, allowing concealed carry in banks would probably lower robbery rates.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenCamaro View Post
Touché! I wish more people would utilize this kind of logic when trying to change minds.

Still, though, I haven't ENTIRELY flipped views... At what point should the government start keeping us safe then? I'll quote you on this:

"Have a little story to tell you about driving age.. When I was doing my M endorsement test at DMV. I had to wait for a guy to finish his car test "in another parking lot that is fenced off from mine" The guy was 86 and had to do his vision test 5 times before he passed it. Not sure how many times you get to guess at the letter/number you see but I think 5 times to see a letter/number is more than enough guesses to fail the test. They wouldn't let me do the course till he was completed, they said this. "We are worried that something might happen while he is doing the course." If you are worried about something happening on the course how does that make me feel when I leave here and he is on the street and can do what he wants? He passed the test, so it now 94 if still alive and still has a license. Probably legally blind but that's fine, he passed the test 9 years ago."

So the government should keep us safe from bad drivers, just not crazy people with RPG's and machine guns?
Crazy people are everywhere. Cops can't be everywhere.

I wanted them to tell the guy you can no longer drive. I believe the DOT should be doing it's job instead of giving people 6,7-10 tries to pass a test. If you guess you are bound to get it right. I want the government to protect the country not each individual. I want them to realize you can't fight everyone's war for them. You protect the USA and I will take care of myself. I want the government to stop trying to make it's arms and fingers longer and stop taking money out of my pocket and giving it to someone else who is just waiting for the check to come in the mail. I would like to see a state by state run government. If need be private industries for those organizations that can't balance out and are always in need of more money.

Answer this one for me. Name a government run or overseen "business" and I use that term lightly that has ever made a profit. And before you answer I know government business's are supposed to only break even.
USPS?
DOD
DOE
DOT

A balanced budge doesn't lie, it equals "0" no matter how you do it. Maybe accounting should be a requirement for public officials instead of what College you went to.

If politicians actually spoke from the heart they would not need a teleprompter. They would not have to have a person that their sole job is to try and relay which side of the fence you are on to a certain type of group you are speaking to. They would tell the truth all the time. That's just me though. I tell the truth because I know it's the right thing to do.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page