A Texan's view of welfare - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A Texan's view of welfare

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections any time without prior notice, and your possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.

Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin your "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. It is an "enabler."

And . . . while you are on government subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Obed For This Useful Post:
Austicus (08-23-2011), CBR Knight (08-25-2011), djacksoncbr600 (08-29-2011), Gashuffer (08-19-2011), khanf1 (08-21-2011), LanCo Rider (08-19-2011), MachRider (08-20-2011), mprada (08-19-2011), Need600 (08-19-2011), OveRReV (08-21-2011), Tyleronanrr (08-23-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ya I would support that.
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
If only this could be the case. Such a sad condition our country is in.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Amen

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:29 PM
TRUST NO ONE

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Put me in charge of taxing peoples money....if you take half of my check, then we should get half of Steve Jobs check!...Bill Gates, etc...(stop tax cuts for the very rich...millionare welfare)
Put me in charge of immigration....everyone deserves a better life....it wasnt long ago that Columbus "discovered" a place that was already inhabited!!! (who's the immigrant here?)

Before we start with the racial stereotypes lets include those many welfare recipients from the good old trailer parks with red necks and no teeth....its not all 22 inch rims!...

FLYCBR
The Following User Says Thank You to flycbr For This Useful Post:
Beast6rr (08-21-2011)
Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 PM
jingksed
This message has been deleted by Nico.
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 09:59 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Texas is looking more and more like a solid state. My two known states are hurting....Illinois and Cali.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
I see plenty of white guys/girls with 4 kids in the back of their caprice rolling around town. I don't care what race/religion/background you are. There are jobs everywhere. I can't count the number of help wanted signs I see driving around. It's not worth it to them to get a job if they are going to be given a check at the end of the month. Even they are smart enough to realize this.

No matter how you look at it, someone that is given something for nothing in return will accept the gift as long as it is given to them. If something is needed in return then they will realize they are going to have to change and adapt to keep being given something.

Love this one.
And . . . while you are on government subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
The Following User Says Thank You to tripage For This Useful Post:
Beast6rr (08-21-2011)
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
"We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”"

^^^ this is where it lost me, how ever true it might be its one side'd and stereotypical and obviously aimed toward a certain race.

Fail....

The Following User Says Thank You to HI OFECR For This Useful Post:
flycbr (08-21-2011)
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 12:22 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI OFECR View Post
"We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”"

^^^ this is where it lost me, how ever true it might be its one side'd and stereotypical and obviously aimed toward a certain race.

Fail....
What about the example of drugs, alcohol, tats, piercings,

And the reproducing and eating steaks... I was thinking of the whites... More specifically country folks... Why did you and fly decide to take offense to this one?

I agree with the principal of this thread. Stop the handouts.

04 883 Sportster - SOLD
06 Softail FXST - SOLD
09 CBR 600rr - DRIFTER
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycbr View Post
Put me in charge of taxing peoples money....if you take half of my check, then we should get half of Steve Jobs check!...Bill Gates, etc...(stop tax cuts for the very rich...millionare welfare)
Put me in charge of immigration....everyone deserves a better life....it wasnt long ago that Columbus "discovered" a place that was already inhabited!!! (who's the immigrant here?)

Before we start with the racial stereotypes lets include those many welfare recipients from the good old trailer parks with red necks and no teeth....its not all 22 inch rims!...
Hmm doesn't make sense to me? Iv worked in a grocery store for 3 years, and every time that food stamps starts it's 95% black, 3 % Mexican and 2% whites.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com app
Old 08-21-2011, 03:33 AM
jingksed
This message has been deleted by Nico.
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 04:01 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I agree with you.

And I don't think he's generalizing any group of people other than those abusing the welfare system... which all of you know there are. The point is that people on welfare should only be allowed to spend their government supplied money on the cheapest food and other necessities that make it able to survive. If you're not gonna get off you ass and get a job, you shouldn't be allowed to spend your welfare on toys.

Eric

It's so damn hot... Milk was a bad choice!

2006 CBR600RR

post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Iv got customers that iv know for 3 years since iv started working, they use there welfare to buy junk food like cakes, candy, and steaks. In 3 years they went from being fat, to very fat, and now are at the point that they can't walk. It's sad actually.

post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI OFECR View Post

Fail....
Yes, it's true, your reply was a fail.
post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Statistics from 2007;

White 38.8%
Black 39.8%
Hispanic 15.7%
Asian 2.4%
other 3.3%

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all recipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents.

Racist? Call it what you want. The facts are facts whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Pocketbike Racer

[QUOTE=flycbr;3223215]Put me in charge of taxing peoples money....if you take half of my check, then we should get half of Steve Jobs check!...Bill Gates, etc...(stop tax cuts for the very rich...millionare welfare)

Before we start with the racial stereotypes lets include those many welfare recipients from the good old trailer parks with red necks and no teeth....its not all 22 inch rims!...[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with your last statement
post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
I see plenty of white guys/girls with 4 kids in the back of their caprice rolling around town. I don't care what race/religion/background you are. There are jobs everywhere. I can't count the number of help wanted signs I see driving around. It's not worth it to them to get a job if they are going to be given a check at the end of the month. Even they are smart enough to realize this.

No matter how you look at it, someone that is given something for nothing in return will accept the gift as long as it is given to them. If something is needed in return then they will realize they are going to have to change and adapt to keep being given something.

Love this one.

I completely agree with this statement as well
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
Statistics from 2007;

White 38.8%
Black 39.8%
Hispanic 15.7%
Asian 2.4%
other 3.3%

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all recipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents.

Racist? Call it what you want. The facts are facts whether you like it or not.
Doesn't seem racist to me! Seems like the truth! Just like if I say I don't like our current president I'm labeled a racist because I'm white.

post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryftmfw View Post
Doesn't seem racist to me! Seems like the truth! Just like if I say I don't like our current president I'm labeled a racist because I'm white.

Why does every discussion about current events always come back to race? Its really sad to think that in this day and age people have so much anger and hate towards one another based on ethnicity. People and countries that hate America could care less if you're black or white. They hate you because you're american, period.
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast6rr View Post
Why does every discussion about current events always come back to race? Its really sad to think that in this day and age people have so much anger and hate towards one another based on ethnicity. People and countries that hate America could care less if you're black or white. They hate you because you're american, period.
Who said anything about anger or hate? I dont see how anything said would seem angry or hateful in any way?

post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I just wanted to jump in and comment, that while I'm reading this thread the ads at the top and bottom were for Safelink that gov. supplied cell phone and some sort of disability assistance program. Haha! Fitting Huh?
I agree with you Obed and others too, the problem is the people in DC don't care bout this country, us, or even those that need their money, they just do whatever will keep them were their at.
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 12:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Welcome my friends of the Land of the Free.....................Loaders
obed, I would vote for ya, but you'd have to put me in charge of security, cause
man, lets start with jail, it would be block buildings no airconditioners just fans, like the old days, the hell with ac and your own rooms and toilets,its not a hotel, you wanna live like an animal....well thats what you get, and WTF take away the damn weights, while your here at our fine facility, you can go to our weight room and play cards or watch tv.WTF that would all stop. and far as the death penalty, oh yeah no more I'm appealing for 50 yrs, and if you get a life sentence, Your fried, the electric chair is no more, I'm putting in an electric bench! I Guarantee you this BS would stop Quick! just my .02

IF YOU HAVE TO LOOK BACK YOUR NOT GOING FAST ENOUGH! SECOND IS JUST THE FIRST LOSER!

You must be Fast...Cause I was haulin azz when I passed you!

post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryftmfw View Post
Who said anything about anger or hate? I dont see how anything said would seem angry or hateful in any way?

Did I direct that question to you or anyone else? I was asking a general question about the direction these threads always take
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 01:58 PM
TRUST NO ONE

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
@NMBR1SPT...who exactly are you saying is acting like an animal? The death penalty doesnt prevent or solve anything...it just shows people that the state also kills.....yeah jail,,,thats where REAL justice is done. For anyone unfortunate enough to have been there (not C.O.s, i mean INSIDE) you know what I mean...its the purest justice there is...rapists and child molesters get what theyre supposed to and at least on the east coast, minority has a real different meaning.....love it!!

FLYCBR
post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 07:54 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Danimal View Post
What about the example of drugs, alcohol, tats, piercings,

And the reproducing and eating steaks... I was thinking of the whites... More specifically country folks... Why did you and fly decide to take offense to this one?

I agree with the principal of this thread. Stop the handouts.

Wait ? not to be stereotypical but um drugs, alcohol, tats, piercings doesn't really disqualify the black community?

I'm not offended, It just lost me when the authors prejudice became clear.

Its not like is subtle, seem pretty clear to me.

I don't disagree, nor do I side with welfare or free money or aid for illegals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Yes, it's true, your reply was a fail.
That's some witty retort there, you come up with that all by your self?

post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Knee Dragger

That "Texan" for president!

08 Black/Silver 1000rr

05 Repsol 600rr - stolen
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycbr View Post
@NMBR1SPT...who exactly are you saying is acting like an animal? The death penalty doesnt prevent or solve anything...it just shows people that the state also kills.....yeah jail,,,thats where REAL justice is done. For anyone unfortunate enough to have been there (not C.O.s, i mean INSIDE) you know what I mean...its the purest justice there is...rapists and child molesters get what theyre supposed to and at least on the east coast, minority has a real different meaning.....love it!!
...who exactly are you saying is acting like an animal? example=the idiots that would steal your bike

The death penalty doesnt prevent or solve anything...it just shows people that the state also kills. Oh thats right cause theres nothing like wasting tax payers (for the ones who do) money on some idiot for 40+yrs

For anyone unfortunate enough to have been there (not C.O.s, i mean INSIDE) you know what I mean...its the purest justice there is...rapists and child molesters get what theyre supposed to and at least on the east coast, minority has a real different meaning, I assume you've been? cause of the C.O. comment, if not thats good, and child molesters and rapist ( deserve what they get) but most are thieves and crackheads and just in general people who don't obey the law, hence the animal, thats why there are laws to keep order, or we might as well all be animals running amuck

IF YOU HAVE TO LOOK BACK YOUR NOT GOING FAST ENOUGH! SECOND IS JUST THE FIRST LOSER!

You must be Fast...Cause I was haulin azz when I passed you!

post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared872 View Post
That "Texan" for president!
I dunno. I'm a little wary of Texan presidents now.

post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 07:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
i dunno. I'm a little wary of texan presidents now.
ha ha ha ha ha word!

post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The death penalty is one thing I haven't made up my mind on, not even close.

I hate the idea of the government getting control over decisions like that. One innocent person executed for every 1,000 guilty people executed seems like too many to me.

On the other hand, some people just deserve to die for what they've done.

I can see both sides, but who should get to make the decision? I almost wish there was a "I'll just look away here for a sec..." policy employed by the government, allowing for more vigilante response, i.e. rape/murder victim's father curb stomping the dirtbag who took his daughter. At the same time, can you imagine being innocent but believed to be guilty and having a crazy father coming after you with that kind of rage and having no government help to turn to?

Weird stuff, law and justice is. I just don't know.
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Ain't Even Excited

LOL @ a few of you trying to make this racial. As if there wasn't a huge uprising of "ghetto" white kids after Eminem made his debut. I see more stupid white thugs driving around on 22s and banging their stereo so loud you can't hear yourself think.

All I can say is, thanks for providing the typical response I would expect. Don't let the man get you down.

Having said that, I think race has nothing to do with this and agree that all these fuckers that want free hand outs (ALL RACES) should not be able to buy extraneous items wether its food, toys, vehicles, whatever. It's amazing how folks can take advantage of the system so well, yet theres the people who actually do work for a living and are struggling to get by.

Last edited by riot; 08-23-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page