A few question for you TheX. These are not rhetorical question.
The point of social services is not to turn in to a welfare state. It is there to help people get through the hard times they are having. Are there people abusing the social services. YES. Is this a good enough reason to get rid of these service? Don't you think it is better for our judicial system punish the people who are misusing it instead of getting rid of the whole system?
Sincerely what is being done to enable these people to stand on there feet and support them self? Do you think segregation helps educate people. Lets be clear our school system divides people based on their income. Based on your income you will be able to afford housing on certain parts of your city. Richer parts get better school. Poorer parts get not very good schools. Better parts pay more money through taxes so these schools have higher budgets. Most people say poor people = lazy people. They talk about all they have to do is climb the leader, but shouldn't there be a letter to climb?
This was not directed at me but I would like to answer this. "The point of social services is not to turn in to a welfare state. It is there to help people get through the hard times they are having. "
The point of social services is to give money to those that don't work for it. If this never expires they will never get a job. Plain and simple. Put it to you like this. If I gave you a check once a month for 12 months and that check was a certain amount. You knew this check was coming and would spend your monthly amount around this, then when I tell you I am going to increase your amount every other month. What would you do with that extra money? YOU WOULD SPEND IT. In no way is that helping you get back on your feet and get a job. Then when I say I am not going to give you anymore after a certain amount of time I am unreasonable because their are no jobs. Plenty of business's are hiring but no one wants to do the work, they would rather sit at home and collect a check. There is a 99% and a 1% in the government assistance programs as well. 1% will get back out and do what's right, the other 99% will sit around and collect the check. Next time you go by one of those school districts that are not that great have a conversation with one of the parents and ask how much they volunteer at the school or what the parents education is. Money is not to blame for the schools. The school gets plenty of money, it's a matter of what they spend it on. "I have worked on jobs with schools, I know what they spend it on and have seen the wasted spending first hand"
Twist this saying, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
You can drop a kid off at school but you can't make them learn.
If the kids don't have the ambition and drive to want to learn "PARENTS JOB" then the kids don't care. Mom and Dad or Mom or Dad is doing just fine and they didn't get good grades. They don't have a job, they get a check, we get that coupon book and get groceries.
I am tired of paying for people to sit at home and play games all day while I work. Plenty of sit on your butt jobs they can do as well, doesn't have to be manual labor. I know for a fact that FICA will be long gone by time I could use it, that's fine get rid of it and wean these people off the bottle to take care of themselves.