WAR IRAN Yes:NO - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

View Poll Results: WAR with IRAN-if yes tell us why.
yes, blood is the best way 6 17.14%
No, no reason to shed blood 29 82.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
WAR IRAN Yes:NO

simple enough, the war propaganda machine is in full swing.
Iran is in the line of sight now so what do you think about it?

personally i say no, i agree with R.Paul at this point. and i would rather see my military buddies come home from the desert and not be forced to go fight in Iran.


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:03 PM
infinate719
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I know the training scenarios for military members are already in full swing. Just Saying.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:05 PM
 
tripage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: orlando
Posts: 14,330
Thanks: 598
Thanked 728 Times in 591 Posts
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
NO, stay here mind our own business and take care of our country. Drill oil on our coast and keep it here. Be self sufficient like everyone keeps saying.




http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116

Last edited by tripage; 12-19-2011 at 08:14 PM.
tripage is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to tripage For This Useful Post:
makct04 (12-20-2011)
 
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
well yea i figured that has been happening for many years.

where does all the money come from to pay for these wars any way? we just keep putting that **** on the china express card or something?


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:18 PM
infinate719
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
well yea i figured that has been happening for many years.

where does all the money come from to pay for these wars any way? we just keep putting that **** on the china express card or something?
I agree. I'm sure the military has extensive plans for every situation but usually you don't do lower level exercises aimed at a certain areas of the world unless those forces are expected to enter that location in the near future. The exact same thing has happened prior to every other conflict although most American's believe it was a last minute decision. The coverage in the news seems to be being tunneled that way with the unmanned aircraft nonsense and the spy accusations.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 PM
infinate719
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I also say HELL NO because I'm tired of spending every other Christmas over seas. The color of Justin Beiber's boxer shorts gets more news coverage than when a military member makes the ultimate sacrifice over seas. It's just plain sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
cbr6racr (12-20-2011)
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:32 PM
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forget It
 
-Rizzo-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 17,681
Thanks: 19
Thanked 633 Times in 589 Posts
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I'd say no, we are in massive debt from the last non war situation. Our fellow Americans should be able to not have to put their lives on the line right now. Times are tough and it's not worth it unless there is no way out


03 600RR, 07 Jeep Wrangler Sahara & 14 Subaru WRX
(Lapeer,
MI)

September 2012 BOTM Winner

My Build
UPDATE: P. 42 (ALL MODS INSTALLED)
-Rizzo- is offline  
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 14,338
Images: 2
Thanks: 129
Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
We need some down time. And who are we to tell them they can't have the same weapons we refuse to give up?
TheX is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
Moeman (12-19-2011)
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Back in the Day
 
Moeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 51,143
Images: 665
Thanks: 2,026
Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
We need some down time. And who are we to tell them they can't have the same weapons we refuse to give up?
Simple reason they wont give up the weapons that they are working on producing is because Israel already got 200 plus Nuke missile who you think gave Israel their stuff and we all know Israel do what they want when they want and not one country can stop them heck even the United nations can not do squat



If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Moeman is offline  
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 14,338
Images: 2
Thanks: 129
Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I don't see any reason that we have that can justify attacking them.
TheX is offline  
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 10:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
fallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, Bay Area
Posts: 775
Thanks: 19
Thanked 45 Times in 40 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
We just send all our boys and girls home. I don't think America would support sending them back, and spending hundreds of billions more on meaningless bloodshed while the economy at home is in deep trouble.
fallout is offline  
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
well the votes are not very numerous by it does please me that so far everybody is against the war.
i am hopeful that there will be a new paradigm shift in the american population, one that advocates peace over violence.

i have been receiving some flak about my promotion of ron paul's campaign, oddly enough from some of the military guys, Tab(tim) yes im talking about you. flying jets must be great fun but at the cost of perpetual war i do not think it is worth it.

we dont have the money to waste of these conflicts anymore and we are not in any danger if Iran were to get a nuclear device. certainly we would not be the ones they would be targeting, at least not first.

all the money spend on the military could be used in a much more productive manner here at home.


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 12:57 AM
BOTM Winner 05/15
 
cbr6racr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 9,996
Thanks: 514
Thanked 830 Times in 703 Posts
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
all the money spend on the military could be used in a much more productive manner here at home.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
NO, stay here mind our own business and take care of our country. Drill oil on our coast and keep it here. Be self sufficient like everyone keeps saying.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinate719 View Post
I also say HELL NO because I'm tired of spending every other Christmas over seas. The color of Justin Beiber's boxer shorts gets more news coverage than when a military member makes the ultimate sacrifice over seas. It's just plain sad.
And most importantly, This!


Bring the men and women back, protect our people at home, and let other countries deal with their own problems.

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
cbr6racr is offline  
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 01:01 AM
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
 
SF600RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,838
Thanks: 33
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
No to war.
I'm not in to politics at all but I feel that if the politicians don't spend money they can't pocket money.

It's always About the $$$$.

Live to Ride...Ride to Live
R.I.P Dad 4/9/07 Love You and Miss you
R.I.P PhatStud
Go 49'ers!!!!!
SF Giants 2010 World Series Champions
SF Giants 2012 World Series Champions
Go Warriors!!!!!!
SF600RR is offline  
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 02:19 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,415
Thanks: 14
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i'm down to be a veteran of 3 wars. don't like it, thats fine. i'm a professional war fighter, love it or hate it, it's my job, and we all want to be gainfully employed.
oakasrtheshiz is offline  
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
seriously ^^ that was about the dumbest thing i have heard all day, and i have been listening to BS all day.

you should be ashamed to say you promote war because you need a job.
period.

i feel sorry for you man, really i do.
best of luck to ya


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DepPravacion For This Useful Post:
n3dmax (12-20-2011)
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 14,338
Images: 2
Thanks: 129
Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
seriously ^^ that was about the dumbest thing i have heard all day, and i have been listening to BS all day.

you should be ashamed to say you promote war because you need a job.
period.

i feel sorry for you man, really i do.
best of luck to ya
BAM, truth on display right there.
TheX is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
DepPravacion (12-20-2011)
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
n3dmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 543
Images: 95
Thanks: 66
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakasrtheshiz View Post
i'm down to be a veteran of 3 wars. don't like it, thats fine. i'm a professional war fighter, love it or hate it, it's my job, and we all want to be gainfully employed.
Are you kidding me?
I guess military did a very good job at teaching you not to question what you are being told.
n3dmax is offline  
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:32 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Coondawg_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Athens, Al
Posts: 2,346
Thanks: 34
Thanked 74 Times in 64 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Nay! Raises hand as if casting a vote from within the SOA chapel.



Sent from Alabama using an iPhone 4

-Coons
RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010


http://www.facebook.com/cCoons

Coondawg_07 is offline  
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3dmax View Post
Are you kidding me?
I guess military did a very good job at teaching you not to question what you are being told.
gives credence to the term JARHEAD



still 1 yes and 12 no so far, that still makes me feel better


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Back in the Day
 
Moeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 51,143
Images: 665
Thanks: 2,026
Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakasrtheshiz View Post
i'm down to be a veteran of 3 wars. don't like it, thats fine. i'm a professional war fighter, love it or hate it, it's my job, and we all want to be gainfully employed.
Gainfully employed is one thing but for others to suffer and pay the price for you being employed is harsh . I understand you might not have a choice in that employment since you can not just walk out on the job but at the same token enough is enough no matter which side of the fight you are on its a huge loss at the end . Not one Iraqi is better off today 9 years after the war has started and ended hell the whole region is in Dire starits and Africa is on the verge of explosion



If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Moeman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Moeman For This Useful Post:
DepPravacion (12-20-2011)
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:38 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 2,003
Thanks: 19
Thanked 69 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If this insanity continues, I hope the US invades itself... Bring some democracy, win the hearts and minds... Rebuild infrastructure, bridges and sh*t its citizens could benefit from.

This Iran war drum beating is just Iraq all over again... Except that attacking Iran is much more likely to start WW3. Russian/China are not going to let it happen without severe consequences.
pbeaul is offline  
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i have not heard how the russains or chinese would come in to play on that one, that does interest me, please explain phil.

all those dumb blonde super models are right though man, WORLD PEACE =)


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 AM
 
tripage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: orlando
Posts: 14,330
Thanks: 598
Thanked 728 Times in 591 Posts
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
If this insanity continues, I hope the US invades itself... Bring some democracy, win the hearts and minds... Rebuild infrastructure, bridges and sh*t its citizens could benefit from.

This Iran war drum beating is just Iraq all over again... Except that attacking Iran is much more likely to start WW3. Russian/China are not going to let it happen without severe consequences.
If you think our infrastructure is bad you should visit other countries. They make these countries with bullet trains out to be the best of the best. They don't tell you that no one is riding that train because it cost too much. Our roads bridges are 10x better than other countries. Officials will always find a way to spend money, doesn't matter where. Tear something down to make something a little better. T




http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
tripage is offline  
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
we do have a great infustructure here, that is a fact.

now that i am in the philippines i know how great the USA is.
somebody asked me on FB" you moved to the philippines now you are a political activist?"

damn straight, i know how f*cking good we have it in the states and i would like to keep it that way.

where i live now i cant even drink the tap water, the water is delivered to a resivoir outside 3 times a week. no hot water, trash pickup is once a WEEK, brownouts (electrical service) are common place, the roads i thought were bad in houston are fantastic compared to some of the roads or lack there of here. not to talk down on this country, this place has advantages and has been a blast but it just goes to show you how much we in the USA take for granted.

living outside of the country really makes me appreciate all that we really have in the states and it makes me that much more a patriot.


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DepPravacion For This Useful Post:
OveRReV (12-20-2011)
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 295
Thanks: 9
Thanked 56 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We have no right to tell another soveriegn nation what weapons they can and can not have.
We have no right to tell them who they can and can not trade with.
We have no right to take the police action status we have pushed on the world.
We have a right to defend ourselves, but we do not have the right to create the crisis.
The folks in D.C. are a much greater threat to the citizens of the states united than the folks in Iran are.
Obed is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Obed For This Useful Post:
Moeman (12-20-2011), OveRReV (12-20-2011), tary preisser (12-20-2011)
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:29 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 2,003
Thanks: 19
Thanked 69 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
If you think our infrastructure is bad you should visit other countries. They make these countries with bullet trains out to be the best of the best. They don't tell you that no one is riding that train because it cost too much. Our roads bridges are 10x better than other countries. Officials will always find a way to spend money, doesn't matter where. Tear something down to make something a little better. T
I was mostly kidding around... But if you're going to piss away the money you might as well piss it away in your own country on something you can benefit from. One of the other cool benefits is that you're not creating terrorists in the process.
pbeaul is offline  
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 2,003
Thanks: 19
Thanked 69 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
i have not heard how the russains or chinese would come in to play on that one, that does interest me, please explain phil.
Iran is one of China's largest oil/NG partners, it gets ~15% of it's oil from Iran... and that's only growing by the day. China has hundreds of billions of dollars at stake in Iran resources... They are not going to let the US muscle their way in without some kind of fight. The middle east contains ~55 - 60% of the world's oil reserves, North America has ~15%... China isn't going to sit back and let the US control 75% of the worlds oil resources.

While the US was getting everyone around the globe to hate Iran, China and Russia have been building partnerships. The enemy of my enemy is my friend...
pbeaul is offline  
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
 
tripage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: orlando
Posts: 14,330
Thanks: 598
Thanked 728 Times in 591 Posts
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
I was mostly kidding around... But if you're going to piss away the money you might as well piss it away in your own country on something you can benefit from. One of the other cool benefits is that you're not creating terrorists in the process.
Didn't know you were kidding with that. FL is wasting enough money on roads. Have a road here that was just built 3-5 years ago "Toll road" and they are tearing out overpasses to join it with another "Toll" road that they don't have enough money to finish. Seams right, doesn't it? Start on a project and keep stalling it until prices go up then we have to find more money to fund the project. No let's raise the tolls on both of these roads to get enough money to finish the project. All the while we will just patch the one road that more people use in Central FL Interstate 4. One of the worst roads around.




http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
tripage is offline  
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
DepPravacion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 223
Thanked 224 Times in 183 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obed View Post
We have no right to tell another soveriegn nation what weapons they can and can not have.
We have no right to tell them who they can and can not trade with.
We have no right to take the police action status we have pushed on the world.
We have a right to defend ourselves, but we do not have the right to create the crisis.
The folks in D.C. are a much greater threat to the citizens of the states united than the folks in Iran are.
quoted for truth,

youre not the same OBED from motohouston are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
Iran is one of China's largest oil/NG partners, it gets ~15% of it's oil from Iran... and that's only growing by the day. China has hundreds of billions of dollars at stake in Iran resources... They are not going to let the US muscle their way in without some kind of fight. The middle east contains ~55 - 60% of the world's oil reserves, North America has ~15%... China isn't going to sit back and let the US control 75% of the worlds oil resources.

While the US was getting everyone around the globe to hate Iran, China and Russia have been building partnerships. The enemy of my enemy is my friend...
ahhh thanks for filling me in.
we need to pass the peace pipe around and chill the fuk out i think.

few years of diverting the defense budget to alt energy and we would be utilizing cold fusion dont ya think, fkn'A haha


RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
DepPravacion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome