*** President *** - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
*** President ***

Normally we don't like to get into Politics. But it's interesting to see what everyone thinks about the up
coming Election. Is Romney going to be any better then what we have now ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would prefer a "None of the above" option on the ballot, so we could get rid of both of them and start from scratch.
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 12:08 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Anything is better than what we have now. 4 more years of spending on an unlimited budget isn't going to fix our problems. Any successful business knows this will never work. Pushing the burden to our kids and grandkids isn't going to make it any better. Without going into details I will leave it at that. I would put my name if I had a chance of winning.

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116

Last edited by tripage; 06-06-2012 at 12:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tripage For This Useful Post:
Need600 (06-06-2012)

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslo600 View Post
I would prefer a "None of the above" option on the ballot, so we could get rid of both of them and start from scratch.
THIS^

Both our choices are a complete joke. How Romney won the Republican candidacy is beyond me.

Last edited by sincalirider; 06-06-2012 at 06:14 PM.
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
X2

Sent from my iPhone 4s
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
In that case, due to the 600rr.net outrage over the two contenders.

I will run for president.

First on the list, cutting all foreign aid to countries that do not like us or criticize us.

White 07 CBR600rr
The Following User Says Thank You to SeanO For This Useful Post:
smiley6111 (06-17-2012)
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanO View Post
.....First on the list, cutting all foreign aid to countries that do not like us or criticize us.

Amen. !!!

post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
Anything is better than what we have now. 4 more years of spending on an unlimited budget isn't going to fix our problems. Any successful business knows this will never work. Pushing the burden to our kids and grandkids isn't going to make it any better. Without going into details I will leave it at that. I would put my name if I had a chance of winning.
And that is the main reason I honestly don't know if I want kids, the next 5+ years are going to be scary until the budget gets under control

@SeanO- I'd vote for you haha. On a serious note, somewhere in Texas they had an inmate run for office and the town elected him over Obama and Romney-True story. Need to see if I can find it..somewhere on yahoo
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 02:26 PM

I hear this question a lot. Reagan: "Ask yourself, 'Are you better off now than you were four years ago?

Are you better off now than 4 years ago because of something the government did?
NO, I do the things to better my life, not the government. Leave me alone and let me live my life. The less of you that I have to deal with the easier my life is.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by tripage; 06-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Need600 (06-06-2012)
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Knee Dragger

I say neither, Romney and Obama are too close to each other, there isn't much of a difference. I'm not convinced Romney is the lesser evil either.
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I agree. IMO you have two choices of how you want the country to fall.
A.) Romney purposely bankrupting the country to increase his own pocket.
B.) Obama accidentally bankrupting the country because he has spending issues.

Same end result just different ways to get there
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I personally think the country is starting to head in the right direction, correcting the lack of investment in our infrastructure. Are we going into debt? Yes, and I know that's not good. But what's the alternative? Let our country deteriorate even more? Bad idea.

Here's the analogy I use. If you were the parent in a family and something broke, it could be anything from a kids arm to a drainage pipe in your house, would you not fix it right away? Here's the options, you fix it but go into debt to do so. You struggle for a while and have to go without some things. That's option 1. Or you don't fix it because you say you can't afford it and don't want to go into debt. Well guess what? It still needs to be fixed. But by putting it off, it's now going to cost you many times more what it would have cost you to fix right away. That's our country. And we can choose to fix our schools, roads, economy, etc. right now but go into debt to do so, or we can just do nothing but try to cut everything so that the books look nice. Your choice.
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM

That is not what I do when something breaks. I sell things that I don't need or can go without to fix something. That is what our government needs to do. STOP spending and get rid of the useless agencies we already have.

The problem with that analogy is the government isn't the one in control of the money, we supply the government with the money so we are the ones that are having to go into debt to pay for things they want, not what we want. We give the government the money to spend and they spend it on "more important things"

Our government isn't here to create jobs. The private section of this country is what creates jobs. The vendors/sponsors on this site, your local places. Our government can't create/run any business in the green. Nothing they have done is breaking even or creating any profit, so why should we bail out a failing business. Let them fail then we can then take over and run this country the way it is supposed to be. We don't need all of these political jobs in Washington, our country will run just fine without them and they know this, that is why they are trying to get into every part of our lives so we can't live without them. STATES individually need to stand up and take control over the spending.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by tripage; 06-07-2012 at 12:29 PM.
TribalCBR06 (06-09-2012)
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Knee Dragger

I'm not suppose to say anything bad about obama. Doesn't mean I have to say anything good!

2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Full Leo Vince SBK Exhaust
Power Commander USB III
BMC Air Filter
Stomp Grips
Fender eliminator kit
Mich Power Pure Tires
HyperPro Steering Damper
Zero Gravity Double Bubble
Driven 520 Conversion 15/45
EK MVXZ Chain
Proton Flushmount Lights
Engine Ice and
Always running Amsoil!
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
That is not what I do when something breaks. I sell things that I don't need or can go without to fix something. That is what our government needs to do. STOP spending and get rid of the useless agencies we already have.
I did say "You struggle for a while and have to go without some things."

I agree there are definitely things that need to be cut from government. But I think there is a big difference between cutting and reforming.
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
I did say "You struggle for a while and have to go without some things."

I agree there are definitely things that need to be cut from government. But I think there is a big difference between cutting and reforming.
5 Trillion dollars in spending? It's going to be a long time of struggling to pay that back.

Starting over is more of the words that I would like to use. We remove everyone from office and we start from scratch. Too many people are way to comfortable in their offices buried in the back of a building that no one goes into that is writing their 2 sentences in to the bill before it goes to get voted on. We are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. People need to be responsible for their actions. Privatize many of our government organizations. People can then choose who/where they want things to happen. All the money paid into the government is returned to the citizens that paid for it. You only get the amount you paid in. No one is entitled to so much of everyone else's money. I can decide what I want to do with my money, if there comes a time when I need it I will use it, I don't need the government to approve me get my money back.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:44 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Lets look further into your mindset. If I'm a parent, yeah I'm going to take care of MY kids. But America wants to take care of its kids, its brother's kids, my mechanic's kids, and the guy that makes my shoes kids. We send money to relieve everyone alllllllll around the world (even to those that want to blow us up aka N. Korea) but yet that vet that is missing a leg, eats out the trash, and can't afford his meds gets forgotten. Does it suck to see people in bad times in another country yeah, but am I going to take care of everyone else before my own.....NO.

On top of that...we jail ppl that don't pay taxes but give money to illegal immigrants, allow them to not be taxed, and even pay them not to work after they have 7 kids. And now we apparently will pay for their college. But yet we have how many ppl going broke b/c they can't pay their student loans. My sis in law and other friends (from Brazil, P Rico, etc.) did it the legal way....so I don't have much sympathy
The Following User Says Thank You to lownslo600 For This Useful Post:
tripage (06-07-2012)
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Romney is by far the lesser of the two evils. the man in office right now is a joke and how he got elected is beyond me. (and even won a nobel prize???) sadly the sheep will show up during election time to vote him back in..just long enough so he can change term limits and remain president for as long as his followers will allow.

Ron Paul should have won in a landslide for GOP then sent an eviction notice to obama the very next day. if he wins again im moving to an island and becoming self sufficient

09' Black | Shogun Frame Sliders | DDM 6k HID's
TST IT-FE-Relay | Proton Front Turn Signals
Orange Rim Tape | Powder Coated Pegs | ZG Smoked OEM Windscreen
post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:56 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Lets look further into your mindset. If I'm a parent, yeah I'm going to take care of MY kids. But America wants to take care of its kids, its brother's kids, my mechanic's kids, and the guy that makes my shoes kids. We send money to relieve everyone alllllllll around the world (even to those that want to blow us up aka N. Korea) but yet that vet that is missing a leg, eats out the trash, and can't afford his meds gets forgotten. Does it suck to see people in bad times in another country yeah, but am I going to take care of everyone else before my own.....NO.

On top of that...we jail ppl that don't pay taxes but give money to illegal immigrants, allow them to not be taxed, and even pay them not to work after they have 7 kids. And now we apparently will pay for their college. But yet we have how many ppl going broke b/c they can't pay their student loans. My sis in law and other friends (from Brazil, P Rico, etc.) did it the legal way....so I don't have much sympathy
I agree with everything you said here. I'm all for keeping the money state side instead of sending it over seas. I don't think my analogy goes against that.
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 03:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
And now we apparently will pay for their college. But yet we have how many ppl going broke b/c they can't pay their student loans. My sis in law and other friends (from Brazil, P Rico, etc.) did it the legal way....so I don't have much sympathy
this drove me nuts. when i was in school im paying my own way through. working full time. owning a house and received no help. kid i sat next to didnt work at all and got all of his school paid for PLUS living expenses. he got an extra $1000/month to pay rent and other bills (it went to beer and drugs). now i have student loans and he doesnt. hes prob dead in a ditch somewhere but at least debt free.

*for the record he was not an illegal. just someone taking advantage of the system

post #21 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguns21 View Post
Romney is by far the lesser of the two evils. the man in office right now is a joke and how he got elected is beyond me. (and even won a nobel prize???) sadly the sheep will show up during election time to vote him back in..just long enough so he can change term limits and remain president for as long as his followers will allow.

Ron Paul should have won in a landslide for GOP then sent an eviction notice to obama the very next day. if he wins again im moving to an island and becoming self sufficient
You crack me up.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Motorcycle App

WTB : Full 600rr or 1000rr swap!! Including wire harness, ecu, gauges, fuel pump and engine/trans
post #22 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
.just long enough so he can change term limits and remain president for as long as his followers will allow.
This boggles my mind when people say things like this. Hasn't happened, and won't happen, nor has Obama tried. To say things like this is just blowing smoke and basically making things up.
post #23 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
This boggles my mind when people say things like this. Hasn't happened, and won't happen, nor has Obama tried. To say things like this is just blowing smoke and basically making things up.
+1!!

Obviously listens to rush limbaugh.

PS his show should be on the comedy channel, not a political one. Just sayin.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Motorcycle App

WTB : Full 600rr or 1000rr swap!! Including wire harness, ecu, gauges, fuel pump and engine/trans
The Following User Says Thank You to cj3w For This Useful Post:
jbeck (06-07-2012)
post #24 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
if he wins again im moving to an island and becoming self sufficient
I call bs. I knew plenty of people making the same comments before he won 4 years ago. They still live here and are still bitching, but won't leave. I hope he wins just to prove your empty words.

To disagree with current policies and voting for a different candidate is reasonable. To say you hate Obama and that anybody is better is retarded. There are certainly better prospects, but a corporate raider is not one of the them and I will not join in on the reactionary and racist talking points that will only benefit a few. I do not think the election will have a significant effect on my life, I just plan to vote for who I consider the best choice that is most on line with my values.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Carpe Diem
post #25 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I agree with everything you said here. I'm all for keeping the money state side instead of sending it over seas. I don't think my analogy goes against that.
I gotcha, just saying there are alot more issues that are hindering us they just aren't brought up. We have a big issue with spending and even more with the thought that someone needs to be bailed out. But yet we want to protect free markets and democracy. Bailing ppl out goes against that.

Quote:
this drove me nuts. when i was in school im paying my own way through. working full time. owning a house and received no help. kid i sat next to didnt work at all and got all of his school paid for PLUS living expenses. he got an extra $1000/month to pay rent and other bills (it went to beer and drugs). now i have student loans and he doesnt. hes prob dead in a ditch somewhere but at least debt free.

*for the record he was not an illegal. just someone taking advantage of the system
This is what really bugs me. I'm in the same boat. But I will say one thing. You can tell the difference between someone that paid for their own school and someone that didn't (including scholarships). Ppl would ask me why I wouldnt skip class...uhhh b/c I just paid thousands of dollars for this class and would like to get my money's worth.
post #26 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

@ jc2nd5988
My simple view on Obama. Hear about the Stuxnet worm? I deal with Network Security for work. When I heard what this thing did I was amazed, impressed, and scared all at the same time....the thing is no joke. When you openly admit you (as in US gov't approved by you) made and implemented this thing.....YOUR ARE AN IDIOT Period. For all they knew it could of been anyone, but we told them it was us ...asking for a cyber war.

On another note, why is it if I don't like Obama that I'm racist? B/c you used that word even though no one said anything about Obama and his ethnicity. Seems like lately if you say you dislike Obama then its b/c you are racist...here ppl say that alll day in the news, forums, etc.

I voted for Obama last time, b/c I honestly thought he would do good. Will I this year...NO. If not for the above reason, simply b/c he is not right for the job and the way he uses media to be "cool" he might as well be a Kardashian

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app[/quote]

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app[/QUOTE]
post #27 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Knee Dragger

I am curious if anybody in this forum can change one thing for me. I have met and spoken to plenty Obama supporters, plenty Ron Paul supporters, plenty party line voters and some Obama haters.

Now the honest truth is that this election is going to come down between Romney and Obama (sorry Ron Paul fanatics stick a fork in it), yet I have not met a single Romney supporters, someone that actually knows his policies and how they will help the country and does not need to negativity or scare tactics to advocate voting for Romney. So there the challenge, let's see who in the forum can answer the call, let's limit to facts in this instance.

Carpe Diem
post #28 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj3w View Post
+1!!

Obviously listens to rush limbaugh.
ive never listened to Rush but nice try.

almost all sitting presidents at one time or another have toyed with idea of removing term limits. obama the messiah is no exception

Bill Submitted To Remove Term Limits for Obama

New York Congressman Jose Serrano (D) has introduced a bill to abolish the 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution, which limits the maximum number of presidential terms to two consecutive terms or ten years in office.
The amendment which was added in 1951 has gone unchallenged since its introduction, leaving Franklin Delano Roosevelt the only US president to serve more than two terms. Roosevelt died shortly after winning his fourth election.
The 22nd Amendment was introduced under the suggestion that the president has too much power in order to be allowed to stay in office for too long a time

post #29 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
@ jc2nd5988

On another note, why is it if I don't like Obama that I'm racist? B/c you used that word even though no one said anything about Obama and his ethnicity. Seems like lately if you say you dislike Obama then its b/c you are racist...here ppl say that alll day in the news, forums, etc.

post #30 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
On another note, why is it if I don't like Obama that I'm racist?
Let me clarify, I intended those specific words at the general rhetoric. Disliking Obama for his policies is a normal response to a political candidate you disagree with, I consider hate a very strong word, so I would consider it irrational to use it for someone that has not had a direct personal impact on someone.

I also do not think everybody that does not like Obama is a racist. I do believe though that all racist hate Obama and sometimes the rhetoric is based on that irrational response.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Carpe Diem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page