Have to check the numbers but a good read - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Have to check the numbers but a good read

Wal-Mart vs. TheMorons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart willsell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans� Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature

It is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the
poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion
a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

AND

I know what's wrong. We have lost our minds to "Political Correctness" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!
We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????
In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey ..And now Pakistan ........previous home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries. Sad isn't it?

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think its going exactly how the men behind the curtain want it to go.

2007 blue/silver street bike.
Arrow headers / Akrapovic Ti slip-on / PC3 / BMC air filter / Tuned / 520 kit / Fender eliminator / Integrated tail light / Lightech rear sets / HIDs / LED Guage mod / Pazzo levers / etc etc

2008 race bike.
Arrow headers / TwoBros slip-on / BMC Air filter / PC3 / Tuned / 520 kit / Elka 4-way rear shock / Shorai battery / Vortex rearsets / Galfer lines / HM Quick Shifter / GPR V4 Damper

Guess which one sees more ride time each summer?....
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 01:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If the gov't salaries were based off how well they did (pretty much like Walmart) they would prob care. But with them their salary is the same, so all the corrupt thieves want to stack as much cash back before the economy takes a dump. And with FannieMae, I did work with them through an outsourcing contract with my old employer and had to go to their HQ for a month. You can tell how they went broke with their spending. Was even told a story that some years ago the CEO had a big meeting and told everyone he was tired of looking at POS cars in the garage and gave everyone 10k to buy a new one. You had guys there that made 150k a year and didn't do anything. Every employer there said once you start there that you'll never leave b/c they paid so good......IMO toooooo good.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrangeRR View Post
I think its going exactly how the men behind the curtain want it to go.
I concur...
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Knee Dragger

Tripage for president! You have my vote

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 237 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 77 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 48 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the
poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 47 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 42 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 35 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
*Fixed

But theory is spot on...
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Thanks......

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Interesting read indeed.

2009 CBR600RA ABS

Akrapovic Slip on
Watsen Design flush mounts
Puig Dark Smoke DB Windscreen
Tripage IT, FE and Powdercoated LED pegs
Woodcraft sliders
Silver Tapeworks reflective wheel tape
Corbin seat
JPR Performance Levers

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I definitely would not use Wal-mart as prime example. i get what you're saying and it's a good illustration but wal-mart works with the government to put a lot of other companies out of business. wal-mart's success is one that has resulted from big business, not free markets/capitalism. Crony capitalism at its best.
The Following User Says Thank You to gveliopoulos For This Useful Post:
pbeaul (05-24-2013)
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

We need businessmen in charge not lawyers

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveliopoulos View Post
I definitely would not use Wal-mart as prime example. i get what you're saying and it's a good illustration but wal-mart works with the government to put a lot of other companies out of business. wal-mart's success is one that has resulted from big business, not free markets/capitalism. Crony capitalism at its best.
Ummm, You're wrong. The federal government hates walmart because the employees aren't unionized. The state and local governments hate walmart because their efficient distribution networks and low prices due to NOT BEING UNIONIZED make it hard to compete with.

HOW has Walmart worked with the government to put other companies out of business. By getting permission to open another efficient, cheap store?

WALMART IS true capitalism. They offer a service for a price that people are obviously willing to pay and that is why they shop there.

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
People will only listen to things that support what they believe

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 05:38 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherzRoony View Post
Ummm, You're wrong. The federal government hates walmart because the employees aren't unionized. The state and local governments hate walmart because their efficient distribution networks and low prices due to NOT BEING UNIONIZED make it hard to compete with.

HOW has Walmart worked with the government to put other companies out of business. By getting permission to open another efficient, cheap store?

WALMART IS true capitalism. They offer a service for a price that people are obviously willing to pay and that is why they shop there.
wal mart is not true capitalism. if that is what you believe, you do not understand capitalism/free markets.

Wal mart lobbies the government to raise minimum wage. they do this to hurt their competition. anytime a company lobbies, its proof of a pluralist society, not free market/capitalism.

if wal mart was true capitalism, they wouldn't need "permission" from the government to open up shop anywhere.

why do you assume that the government automatically hates business that aren't unionized? that is absurd. how many big businesses is the gov't in bed with that don't have unions? to refute your statement, there are teachers unions. teachers work for the government. they unionize against the government...

I'm not sure where you learned about capitalism but you need to study more.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Mad Chemist

Quote:
wal mart is not true capitalism. if that is what you believe, you do not understand capitalism/free markets.

Wal mart lobbies the government to raise minimum wage. they do this to hurt their competition. anytime a company lobbies, its proof of a pluralist society, not free market/capitalism.
Wal-Mart does NOT lobby congress to raise minimum wage. Where the hell did you get that nonsense from? Large Unionized corporations do so because their members contracts are based on minimum wage. If it goes up, their members wages go up.

Quote:
if wal mart was true capitalism, they wouldn't need "permission" from the government to open up shop anywhere.
You have got to be Kidding! There are so many local permits and approvals needed to open up a walmart it is unreal. It took Walmart over a year locally to get permission from the local town board to upgrade the current store to a super walmart. There are drainage run-off permits, sewage usage permits, taxes and fees, etc.

Quote:
why do you assume that the government automatically hates business that aren't unionized? that is absurd. how many big businesses is the gov't in bed with that don't have unions? to refute your statement, there are teachers unions. teachers work for the government. they unionize against the government...
Almost EVERY government employee is unionized, that is why our taxes are so high. The average government worker makes 150% of non government employees. The governments LOVE unions because a large amount of their dues gets funneled back to the democrat party.

Boeing wanted to set up shop in the carolinas. A right to work state, in other words, the employees wouldn't have to unionize. The Department of Justice and the NLRB sued boeing to keep them from opening up shop there because the current Boeing unionized employees in washington state didn't want the competition.

Quote:
I'm not sure where you learned about capitalism but you need to study more.
It sound like you learned about capitalism from a liberal professor or teacher with a bias against it.

Last edited by WherzRoony; 05-21-2013 at 02:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WherzRoony For This Useful Post:
Austicus (05-21-2013)
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Knee Dragger

Unions fight for the workers not the greedy corporations. Workers today would be in a lot of trouble if it weren't for unions.

The Following User Says Thank You to duffman2340 For This Useful Post:
ridesc (05-24-2013)
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Wal-Mart does NOT lobby congress to raise minimum wage. Where the hell did you get that nonsense from? Large Unionized corporations do so because their members contracts are based on minimum wage. If it goes up, their members wages go up.

You have got to be Kidding! There are so many local permits and approvals needed to open up a walmart it is unreal. It took Walmart over a year locally to get permission from the local town board to upgrade the current store to a super walmart. There are drainage run-off permits, sewage usage permits, taxes and fees, etc.

Almost EVERY government employee is unionized, that is why our taxes are so high. The average government worker makes 150% of non government employees. The governments LOVE unions because a large amount of their dues gets funneled back to the democrat party.

Boeing wanted to set up shop in the carolinas. A right to work state, in other words, the employees wouldn't have to unionize. The Department of Justice and the NLRB sued boeing to keep them from opening up shop there because the current Boeing unionized employees in washington state didn't want the competition.

It sound like you learned about capitalism from a liberal professor or teacher with a bias against it.
i just edited everything i wrote to ask you one question. do you think raising minimum wage benefits workers?

Last edited by gveliopoulos; 05-21-2013 at 02:27 PM.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman2340 View Post
Unions fight for the workers not the greedy corporations. Workers today would be in a lot of trouble if it weren't for unions.

workers today would be a lot better off in a free market society where unions would be obsolete.
greedy corporations are not the result of capitalism, they are the result of extraction-ism and a protectionism state.

Last edited by gveliopoulos; 05-21-2013 at 02:30 PM.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM
World Superbike Racer

If Wal-Mart didn't exist than www.peopleofwalmart.com wouldn't exist and I'd have to find another way to kill an hour of time each day at work.....and for that, I thank Wal-Mart.

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Mad Chemist

Quote:
i just edited everything i wrote to ask you one question. do you think raising minimum wage benefits workers?
In the long run, No. Raising minimum wage also raises prices for everything that they spend their money on. Or, if the business can't raise prices, they fire workers to limit that cost.

Minimum wage is designed as an entry level wage. If you go into work, out-perform your other fellow employees, you can demand a higher wage and likely get it if you have shown your worth and dedication.

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good read

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Mad Chemist

another thing that bugs me, why do I so often feel like the lone Walmart supporter?

For some reason, political correctness maybe, it's cool to be anti Walmart. Admit it, they came up with a hell of a business model that works. They use their size and quantity buying to drive down their purchasing price and then pass it along to the customers. That factor and many others in their business model led them to the top of the retail industry.

I do have one gripe about them. Corporate headquarters needs to keep a closer eye on the branches. Some stores are great, others need the management to be put out on their asses for not maintaining stock and lazy ass employees bullshitting rather than working.

I shop there regularly for convenience and savings.

Maybe it's just cool to hate the best, like the Yankees

Last edited by WherzRoony; 05-21-2013 at 06:37 PM.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Funny thing is, alot of the anti-Walmart fanboys are defenders of internet sales tax. Let that soak in for a moment.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:41 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

allow me to explain. the point that i was making saying wal mart is not capitalistic because they shouldn't need permission to open up shop from any level of gov't is not a gripe against capitalism. It is just a fact and you proved it in your post here. you explained all that red tape in order for wal mart to open...how is that a free market? its not. that's my point. I don't understand what you were even arguing here. and no, not almost every gov't worker is unionized. i work for the federal govt and so does my father. none of our co-workers are unionized.

and fine, I can't say its a fact that wal mart lobbied for min. wage because it is controversial. they say they didn't, others say they are lying. fine, i'll give you that. but they do lobby. they spent millions in 2011. just do some basic research.

and yes, i guess i am learning capitalism from liberals...classical liberals such as F. A. Hayek and Milton Friedman. they, as well as I, are liberals in the truest sense of the word. we rank individual liberty supreme and vouch for a rule of law.

Quote:
In the long run, No. Raising minimum wage also raises prices for everything that they spend their money on. Or, if the business can't raise prices, they fire workers to limit that cost.

Minimum wage is designed as an entry level wage. If you go into work, out-perform your other fellow employees, you can demand a higher wage and likely get it if you have shown your worth and dedication.
finally we can agree on one thing. under a free market, min. wage would be abolished though. again, proof that we don't live in a capitalist society...

Quote:
another thing that bugs me, why do I so often feel like the lone Walmart supporter?

For some reason, political correctness maybe, it's cool to be anti Walmart. Admit it, they came up with a hell of a business model that works. They use their size and quantity buying to drive down their purchasing price and then pass it along to the customers. That factor and many others in their business model led them to the top of the retail industry.

I do have one gripe about them. Corporate headquarters needs to keep a closer eye on the branches. Some stores are great, others need the management to be put out on their asses for not maintaining stock and lazy ass employees bullshitting rather than working.

I shop there regularly for convenience and savings.

Maybe it's just cool to hate the best, like the Yankees
its cool to hate the best? no. that's not what this is. wal mart exploits their workers. I had friends that were employed by wal mart who were refugees from Ghana, they were taken advantage like crazy. it was disgusting. it would be contradictory for a capitalist to "hate the best;" however, wal mart does not fall into this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
Funny thing is, alot of the anti-Walmart fanboys are defenders of internet sales tax. Let that soak in for a moment.

i dislike wal mart and the internet sales tax.

Last edited by gveliopoulos; 05-22-2013 at 02:43 AM.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Walmart is the worst. Costco is the best.

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAClippers View Post
Walmart is the worst. Costco is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zN...e_gdata_player

post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Mad Chemist

Quote:
and no, not almost every gov't worker is unionized. i work for the federal govt and so does my father. none of our co-workers are unionized.
Who does your paycheck come from? The US Treasury/AKA the government, or the company that was contracted by the government that did so to avoid unions?

Quote:
wal mart exploits their workers. I had friends that were employed by wal mart who were refugees from Ghana, they were taken advantage like crazy. it was disgusting.
They took the job, for the wage didn't they?? They can always quit and go work for someone else??!!

That is capitalism!

Last edited by WherzRoony; 05-22-2013 at 07:59 PM.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Mad Chemist

Quote:
and yes, i guess i am learning capitalism from liberals...classical liberals such as F. A. Hayek and Milton Friedman. they, as well as I, are liberals in the truest sense of the word. we rank individual liberty supreme and vouch for a rule of law.
Never heard of them thankfully.

So you beleive in true freedom as long as the government dictates everything so it's fair for everybody? From each according to his ability, to each according to his need?

I'm a liberitarian, completely.

post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

So you beleive in true freedom as long as the government dictates everything so it's fair for everybody? From each according to his ability, to each according to his need?

dude, don't take this the wrong way, but you are completely confused here. when did i say i think the gov't should dictate everything everybody does?

also you never heard of them? and you claim your a libertarian? dude...do NOT be proud of that.

have you heard of Fredrich Bastiat?! do you even know what a classical liberal is?

this is a fact: we do not live in a capitlist society BECAUSE there is too much gov't intervention. what are you not getting man?

have you ever heard of Austrian economics? i highly suggest you stop claiming you're a libertarian until you learn more about the philosophy behind it and read up on some of the people who have influenced it.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Knee Dragger

Walmarts motorcycle gear is hands down the best gear ever also walmart has the hottest dirty leg women just walking around breast feeding their kids and shopping for rash ointments........

if ur reading this, then chances are ur currently on the toilet catching up on ur reading...
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

Quote:
dude, don't take this the wrong way, but you are completely confused here. when did i say i think the gov't should dictate everything everybody does?

also you never heard of them? and you claim your a libertarian? dude...do NOT be proud of that.

have you heard of Fredrich Bastiat?! do you even know what a classical liberal is?

this is a fact: we do not live in a capitlist society BECAUSE there is too much gov't intervention. what are you not getting man?

have you ever heard of Austrian economics? i highly suggest you stop claiming you're a libertarian until you learn more about the philosophy behind it and read up on some of the people who have influenced it.
ah! i see the problem now. you think because i said "i vouch for a rule of law" it means i want the government to dictate everything. the problem is you don't understand what rule of law means. there are essentially two ways in which the government acts. either arbitrarily or by rule of law. rule of law is a set of laws that are established to limit the gov't in its power. the gov't can not go beyond these laws. arbitrary gov't means they can can make laws for particular situations as they arise and as they seem fit.

rule of law restricts govt. arbitary law corrupts it. its only two options there. the constitution is the rule of law of our great nation. unfortuneately, the federal gov't ignores the Constitution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page