I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Lolololol!!! Ari the pervy lawyer!!

2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

post #363 of 375 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by weStTXgrEase_mOnKay View Post
Lolololol!!! Ari the pervy lawyer!!
I was actually going to go to law school, but really I just wanted to dance...

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html

post #364 of 375 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 11:45 PM
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Go Ari go! And obama!!

2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

post #365 of 375 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weStTXgrEase_mOnKay View Post
Go Ari go! And obama??
Fixed it :)

For Sale:
post #366 of 375 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Report: Cost of Federal Regulation Reached $1.88 Trillion in 2014

U.S. debt exceeds the size of China’s economy

May 12, 2015 6:00 am

The cost of federal regulation neared $2 trillion in 2014, according to a new report by the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI).

Ten Thousand Commandments: An Annual Snapshot of the Federal Regulatory State, a report by Clyde Wayne Crews, CEI’s vice president for policy, also reveals that the U.S. debt now exceeds the size of China’s economy.

“Federal regulation and intervention cost American consumers and businesses an estimated $1.88 trillion in 2014 in lost economic productivity and higher prices,” amounting to roughly $15,000 per household, the report said.

The report found that the federal bureaucracy—made up of 60 agencies, departments, and commissions—has 3,415 regulations in the process of being finalized, meaning that the number of regulations far surpasses the number of laws passed by Congress.

“In 2014, agencies issued 16 new regulations for every law—that’s 3,554 new regulations compared to 224 new laws,” the report said.

CEI, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, found that the Departments of the Treasury, Commerce, Interior, Health and Human Services (HHS), Transportation (DOT), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) account for 48 percent of all federal regulations.

The EPA issued 539 final rules in the Federal Register last year, up 12.5 percent in five years.

Enforcing regulations alone cost the government $59.5 billion in 2014.

Government regulation has led to a hidden “tax” for Americans, the report said, as businesses pass along compliance costs to consumers.

“Economy-wide regulatory costs amount to an average of $14,976 per household—around 29 percent of an average family budget of $51,100,” the report said. “Although not paid directly by individuals, this ‘cost’ of regulation exceeds the amount an average family spends on health care, food and transportation.”

Aside from passing costs onto consumers, the report said, regulation is a way for the federal government to further agendas without relying on the legislative system.

“Rather than pay directly and book expenses for new initiatives, federal regulations can compel the private sector, as well as state and local governments, to bear the costs of federal initiatives,” the report said.

Regulations hit small businesses the hardest, averaging $11,724 per employee for firms that employ fewer than 50 people in 2012. The overall cost per employee for all companies comes to $9,991.

The cost of regulation has grown so large, according to the report, that if it was a country “it would be the world’s 10th largest economy, ranking behind Russia and ahead of India.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/report-...llion-in-2014/

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

post #367 of 375 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Ahhh the federal government getting bigger and fatter off the backs of the people they are suppose to be servants of. Of course the privately owned federal reserve doesn't help matters either.

America, we're headed for seriously bad times ahead gentlemen.
post #368 of 375 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 11:42 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cageconvert View Post
Ahhh the federal government getting bigger and fatter off the backs of the people they are suppose to be servants of. Of course the privately owned federal reserve doesn't help matters either.

America, we're headed for seriously bad times ahead gentlemen.
A) the Federal Reserve isn't private but it isn't part of the government either, and when sh1t hit the fan they stepped up to the plate. All the politicians that passed all the deregulating legislation did nothing but hide.

B) *the drug policy and excess, not excessive but excess, defense spending are a significant chunk of total expenses at Federal, State, and Local levels of government.

*this statement was brought to you by a thing called math.

For Sale:
post #369 of 375 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Training Wheel Hero

if the reserve isn't government, then it would have to be privately owned either by a larger corporation, or a very wealthy group of individuals, the biggest stupidity with it is that ( if i'm correct in this) the government owns the mints that print the currency, the currency is then loaned to the government with a 6% rate.. why are we not charging them an equivalent to the 6% rate to print the damn money?

also math has little to do with your A statement. maybe the B statement, but not the A.

and in regards to B, and regulations, there are too damn many, you can't choke your milk cow and expect more milk. and the number of agencies for all these regulations is REDICULOUS! they should consolidate all of them into one agency, with 1/3 the staff of all the separate agencies combined.

Also the 2008 collapse was caused by the federal reserve, to a degree, so stepping up to the plate? really? ever hear of a thing called PR?

But you believe as you wish, I will believe what I think to be right. one of us will be more right then the other in the end.
post #370 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

CAN WE IMPEACH THIS IDIOT YET?................ Or worse, this is outright not enforcing the laws, which is his f**ing job.

When you lose your job to a pakistani looking mexican, ask yourself why you voted for this (there isn't even a word to describe) president anyways!

Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether'

Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether' | Washington Examiner

In a shocking reversal of policy, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents are being told to release illegal immigrants and no longer order them to appear at deportation hearings, essentially a license to stay in the United States, a key agent testified Thursday.

What's more, the stand down order includes a requirement that the whereabouts of illegals released are not to be tracked.

"We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether," suggested agent Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council.

post #371 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cageconvert View Post
if the reserve isn't government, then it would have to be privately owned either by a larger corporation, or a very wealthy group of individuals, the biggest stupidity with it is that ( if i'm correct in this) the government owns the mints that print the currency, the currency is then loaned to the government with a 6% rate.. why are we not charging them an equivalent to the 6% rate to print the damn money?

also math has little to do with your A statement. maybe the B statement, but not the A.

and in regards to B, and regulations, there are too damn many, you can't choke your milk cow and expect more milk. and the number of agencies for all these regulations is REDICULOUS! they should consolidate all of them into one agency, with 1/3 the staff of all the separate agencies combined.

Also the 2008 collapse was caused by the federal reserve, to a degree, so stepping up to the plate? really? ever hear of a thing called PR?

But you believe as you wish, I will believe what I think to be right. one of us will be more right then the other in the end.
Couple things:
1) The Fed was essentially formed by the largest financial institutions at the time of the great depression, all of which were/are publicly traded so technically, and I mean very very technically since not everyone owns the stock of those financial institutions, it's publicly owned.

2) the treasury department doesn't print currency anymore, it's been privatized which is why it costs $200 to print a $100 bill, and more than a penny to make a penny...as of today it costs 1.4 to make 1.

3) I'm not sure how you came up with 6%, because when bonds are issued it's based on this formula: Base rate (set by the Fed) + Credit risk (risk of a credit rating downgrade) + Default risk (risk of not paying back what was borrowed) + Inflation risk = APR; the same formula used for you or I for a loan or credit card.

4) Combining various agencies and departments to streamline the system would save tax dollars because of the increased efficiency (off-topic but I agree that it needs to be done), but this is the government we're talking about...also certain regulations were in place specifically to prevent what happened, but they were undone during the 80's and 90's first by a republican and later a democrat, so it was a bi-partisan fvck up.

5) I say they stepped up to the plate because no one else could/would and was in a position to do so (election year).

I can respect you're right to believe what you want, even though in this case I disagree, what's important to me is that all and only facts are being discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherzRoony View Post
CAN WE IMPEACH THIS IDIOT YET?................ Or worse, this is outright not enforcing the laws, which is his f**ing job.

When you lose your job to a pakistani looking mexican, ask yourself why you voted for this (there isn't even a word to describe) president anyways!

Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether'

Border agent: 'We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether' | Washington Examiner

In a shocking reversal of policy, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents are being told to release illegal immigrants and no longer order them to appear at deportation hearings, essentially a license to stay in the United States, a key agent testified Thursday.

What's more, the stand down order includes a requirement that the whereabouts of illegals released are not to be tracked.

"We might as well abolish our immigration laws altogether," suggested agent Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council.
Reagan made a similar move also.

For Sale:
post #372 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Reagan passed the democrats amnesty with the promise that THE BORDER WOULD BE SECURED and we wouldn't allow millions of more illegals enter the country.

That never happened and right now the borders might as well not be there.

post #373 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Reagan passed the democrats amnesty with the promise that THE BORDER WOULD BE SECURED and we wouldn't allow millions of more illegals enter the country.

That never happened and right now the borders might as well not be there.
I liked his idea of going to 0 nukes...they're about as antiquated as the fence in a world with drones and ladders.
post #374 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Mad Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkat28 View Post
I liked his idea of going to 0 nukes...they're about as antiquated as the fence in a world with drones and ladders.
Oh yeah, absolutely no reason to have them with Iran and North Korea developing them.

They are a Deterrent

post #375 of 375 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkat28 View Post
Oh yeah, absolutely no reason to have them with Iran and North Korea developing them.

They are a Deterrent
From what?...having them hasn't stopped other countries from obtaining the materials or technology to make their own, in fact I'd argue they mostly wanted them because we had them, MAD still results in us dying too, and I'm pretty confident that they were only developed as a weapon because in the 40's our bombs had no real accuracy so we dropped a crapload of them hoping to hit the intended target; nukes just took out that guesswork...only missiles around were V1's & 2's (which actually had a form of radar guidance) but they were flying toward the allies, not away from them...do they have the delivery systems to actually be a threat?

You wanna deter someone or something? Make it clear that their efforts would be pointless...anti-missile missiles will do that.

I put my money on the next nuke being detonated on either Pakistan or India...the Kashmir region is the most volatile border in the world and the two of them have enough nukes to end mankind via nuclear winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page