Scandal 1,2, and 3 - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
deluzrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: menifee ca
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 29
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Scandal 1,2, and 3

Any Obama supporters dare defend any if these. Just curious?


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
deluzrider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
TheX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 14,333
Images: 2
Thanks: 129
Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,716 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
He's shocked about the IRS. He had no idea these things were happening. So he's either a liar, or a moron.
TheX is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
Eurodriver (05-20-2013), Niner1000RR (05-22-2013), Reaper_OneZero (06-07-2013)
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
ridesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 636
Thanks: 81
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh no some golfing buddies got busted .. shoot! now what do we tell all those sheeple?
ridesc is offline  
 
post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 PM
 
tripage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: orlando
Posts: 14,330
Thanks: 598
Thanked 728 Times in 591 Posts
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
All in to push the news away from Benghazi.
Something he can be blamed for because only a Ranking officer can declare a stand down and only someone who hasn't served before would issue that order!!!




http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
tripage is offline  
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
deluzrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: menifee ca
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 29
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If America doesn't force an impeachment election our country has failed.


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
deluzrider is offline  
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Mad Chemist
 
WherzRoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Central New York State, The Hills
Posts: 5,798
Images: 57
Thanks: 37
Thanked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluzrider View Post
If America doesn't force an impeachment election our country has failed.


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Then We would be stuck with the other idiot...


I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

WherzRoony is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WherzRoony For This Useful Post:
MXRider (05-16-2013), Niner1000RR (05-22-2013)
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
deluzrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: menifee ca
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 29
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If he was impeached the Vice President does not take power. There is another election.


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
deluzrider is offline  
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
deluzrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: menifee ca
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 29
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe I'm wrong on that. Just looked it up. It would be Biden. I thought there would be a new election. I guess not


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
deluzrider is offline  
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Mad Chemist
 
WherzRoony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Central New York State, The Hills
Posts: 5,798
Images: 57
Thanks: 37
Thanked 83 Times in 64 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That was the California Recall election where Ahnold got elected.

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

WherzRoony is offline  
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:31 PM
cyclesector.com

 
Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,432
Images: 31
Thanks: 5
Thanked 224 Times in 168 Posts
Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluzrider View Post
If America doesn't force an impeachment election our country has failed.


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
The country has already failed for so much more than that. The dumbing down of society is working, and the sheeple have lots their wits. Unless the TV tells them to get outraged, nothing will happen.

Disco is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Disco For This Useful Post:
gveliopoulos (05-17-2013)
post #11 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
deluzrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: menifee ca
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 29
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WherzRoony View Post
That was the California Recall election where Ahnold got elected.
Ya that's what I was basing my assumption on. Impeachment will do nothing


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
deluzrider is offline  
post #12 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 2,003
Thanks: 19
Thanked 69 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
The country has already failed for so much more than that. The dumbing down of society is working, and the sheeple have lots their wits. Unless the TV tells them to get outraged, nothing will happen.
Ha, you don't know how true you are.

Love all you guys flying off the handle over blatantly obvious manufactured outrage. You sit there and talk about how everyone else is retarded and nothing but a bunch of sheep... But you all participate in the EXACT same behavior that you so proudly call out in others. It's really sad. It's time to turn the idiot box off and learn the real issues, not the ones Fox News picks and chooses for you.

The more the news comes out about the IRS "scandal" the more it makes sense. There was an explosion in the number of applications for 501(c)4 organizations. These organizations are given tax exempt status because they are by law required to focus their efforts on "social welfare". As those audits discovered most of 300ish organizations that got additional scrutiny did not qualify to be 501(c)4's because of their political activities... Something a 501(c)4 is NOT ALLOWED to engage in.

Quick, someone tell me where to focus my anger!
pbeaul is offline  
post #13 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
hellomoto_25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,797
Thanks: 1
Thanked 116 Times in 90 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ah common guys, he has done so much for our country.

I alone appreciate the $2k/month pay cut because be has done such a fabulous job with a budget this year. Matter of fact, for the last few years.




Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." E. Hemingway
hellomoto_25 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to hellomoto_25 For This Useful Post:
ridesc (05-17-2013)
post #14 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 04:38 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
gveliopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 955
Thanks: 156
Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
Ha, you don't know how true you are.

Love all you guys flying off the handle over blatantly obvious manufactured outrage. You sit there and talk about how everyone else is retarded and nothing but a bunch of sheep... But you all participate in the EXACT same behavior that you so proudly call out in others. It's really sad. It's time to turn the idiot box off and learn the real issues, not the ones Fox News picks and chooses for you.

The more the news comes out about the IRS "scandal" the more it makes sense. There was an explosion in the number of applications for 501(c)4 organizations. These organizations are given tax exempt status because they are by law required to focus their efforts on "social welfare". As those audits discovered most of 300ish organizations that got additional scrutiny did not qualify to be 501(c)4's because of their political activities... Something a 501(c)4 is NOT ALLOWED to engage in.

Quick, someone tell me where to focus my anger!
First off, you're only focusing on one scandal and you're using that as evidence that we are sheep because FOX and CNN or reporting it? seconddly, Steven Miller wasn't even holding office during the time of all this. Douglas Shulman was IRS commissioner up until novermber of last year. Miller has only been acting for a few months. He's easily disposable so in order to appease critics, the administration is getting rid of him even though he wasn't really even responsible.

the justice department holding records of AP journalists and their clients is extremely corrupt and the administrations handling of Benghazi is criminal. the AP had the go ahead from both the CIA and the Whitehouse that the info was declassified. the whitehouse was about to make a statement on the matter but once the AP heard that, they knew it was fine to publish, so they did. Eric Holder is straight up lying saying that it is a breach of nat'l security. the whitehouse itself was about to disclose the information to the public.

benghazi is a whole nother' boat. all i know is that some high ranking offiicials should be imprisoned for what they did. military was ready to go in. Carter Ham asked for the go ahead and he was denied. the administration let it happen. they didn't want troops to get involved bcuz the "didn't want the situation to escalate." B.S.! and this is what they firmly adhere to! what's the point of having a military if you wont intervene to save U.S. citiznes and military men because you fear things could get worse? no. this is a cover up. its only a matter of time until the truth gets out. oh and btw, none of this is being reported on mainstream media outlets.

cheers.

edit:Pbeaul, if the extra scrutiny on conservative organizations was so legitimate, why is the president condemning it so vehemently. that in itself is inconsistent if what you say is true.

Last edited by gveliopoulos; 05-17-2013 at 04:41 AM.
gveliopoulos is offline  
post #15 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
Ha, you don't know how true you are.

Love all you guys flying off the handle over blatantly obvious manufactured outrage. You sit there and talk about how everyone else is retarded and nothing but a bunch of sheep... But you all participate in the EXACT same behavior that you so proudly call out in others. It's really sad. It's time to turn the idiot box off and learn the real issues, not the ones Fox News picks and chooses for you.

The more the news comes out about the IRS "scandal" the more it makes sense. There was an explosion in the number of applications for 501(c)4 organizations. These organizations are given tax exempt status because they are by law required to focus their efforts on "social welfare". As those audits discovered most of 300ish organizations that got additional scrutiny did not qualify to be 501(c)4's because of their political activities... Something a 501(c)4 is NOT ALLOWED to engage in.

Quick, someone tell me where to focus my anger!
Speaking of needing to know the FACTS... LOL

Maybe you should read the IG report that shows the ILLEGAL activity that the IRS was doing. But I guess it's ok right, because of who's in the White House?

Or it's just ok do perform these activities because it's against someone you might not agree with?

Lets say for a moment that you're right, and now lets flip the coin. Lets say it's 2017 and there's republicans running things. And the IRS singles out left wing groups seeking 501(c)3 and (c)4 status. And they are asking things that they aren't allowed to ask, such as doner lists, meeting notes, etc...

Are you not going to be PISSED that the republican lead agencies singled out opposition groups? And maybe ever released IRS documents to your opposition. You're cool with that?


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #16 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 04:01 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 2,003
Thanks: 19
Thanked 69 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gveliopoulos View Post
First off, you're only focusing on one scandal and you're using that as evidence that we are sheep because FOX and CNN or reporting it? seconddly, Steven Miller wasn't even holding office during the time of all this. Douglas Shulman was IRS commissioner up until novermber of last year. Miller has only been acting for a few months. He's easily disposable so in order to appease critics, the administration is getting rid of him even though he wasn't really even responsible.
I was simply making an observation, that most of you talk like you're so enlightened and not a stupid follower like the rest of the sheep. Yet many of you, like clockwork do the exact same thing as the "liberal sheep". When Fox blows something out of proportion many of you get all bent out of shape and parrot all the sound bites fed to you. You've somehow justified that your sheep qualities are better than their sheep qualities... But at the end of the day you're both just a bunch sheep, that put their political ideologies ahead of good judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveliopoulos View Post
the justice department holding records of AP journalists and their clients is extremely corrupt and the administrations handling of Benghazi is criminal. the AP had the go ahead from both the CIA and the Whitehouse that the info was declassified. the whitehouse was about to make a statement on the matter but once the AP heard that, they knew it was fine to publish, so they did. Eric Holder is straight up lying saying that it is a breach of nat'l security. the whitehouse itself was about to disclose the information to the public.
I agree, but this spying on journalists/citizens crap has been going on for literally a decade+. This "outrage" that is going on now is simply manufactured to keep people focused on what they want you focused on. This outrage is like 10 years too late... While you weren't paying attention most of these programs were started/upgraded under Bush. The government/NSA has been spying on ALL Americans, violating their rights for literally a decade. You just now got a very small taste of what has been going on for years.

If you were aware of what was going on, this wouldn't have been surprising to you. Why do you think the government rushed to pass amendments to the FISA act that provided RETROACTIVE immunity to telecoms back in 2008? Something Senator Obama said he would oppose but ultimately supported?

Where is all the outrage about the government spying on Americans? It's pretty easy to see that it's all manufactured outrage. Smoke and mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveliopoulos View Post
benghazi is a whole nother' boat. all i know is that some high ranking offiicials should be imprisoned for what they did. military was ready to go in. Carter Ham asked for the go ahead and he was denied. the administration let it happen. they didn't want troops to get involved bcuz the "didn't want the situation to escalate." B.S.! and this is what they firmly adhere to! what's the point of having a military if you wont intervene to save U.S. citiznes and military men because you fear things could get worse? no. this is a cover up. its only a matter of time until the truth gets out. oh and btw, none of this is being reported on mainstream media outlets.
You're right about the Libya stuff being a whole other boat. Britain/France/USA decided that they needed to cause a regime change, started a bunch of turmoil in the region eventually got Gaddafi killed in the streets. Now a bunch of you are surprised that after causing all these problems the sh*t hit the fan and those "rebels", the people that NATO backed who were really just a bunch religious fundamentalists (including Al Qaeda) treated Ambassador Chris Stevens the same way they treated Gaddafi.

Did the administration f^ck up? Yes. The f^ck up was going into Libya in the first place. It's tragic that Ambassador Stevens died, but no more so than all the Libyans that died because of all that crap NATO whipped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveliopoulos View Post
edit:Pbeaul, if the extra scrutiny on conservative organizations was so legitimate, why is the president condemning it so vehemently. that in itself is inconsistent if what you say is true.
Because he has to, he can't allow the institution charged with collecting taxes to be perceived as singling people/companies out for political ends... That's the kind of sh*t the USSR was known for, not America. It's politics and he has to play the game like everyone else, if that means a few heads have roll to save face that's what will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Speaking of needing to know the FACTS... LOL

Maybe you should read the IG report that shows the ILLEGAL activity that the IRS was doing. But I guess it's ok right, because of who's in the White House?
It was illegal because it they were profiling based on political affiliations. Which is funny, because from my experience, most right-wing types generally don't have a problem with the idea of profiling. They call the government stupid and wasteful when they don't profile terrorists... but when the government profiles based on political affiliation for specific a class of tax exception that is not allowed to participate in politics it's somehow a terrible idea. Ignore the fact that most of the organizations that got flagged did in fact get caught red handed violating the law.

It wasn't some witch hunt where none of them did anything wrong, most of them were in the wrong. It was simply HOW the IRS went about selecting them that was proven to be dangerous to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Or it's just ok do perform these activities because it's against someone you might not agree with?

Lets say for a moment that you're right, and now lets flip the coin. Lets say it's 2017 and there's republicans running things. And the IRS singles out left wing groups seeking 501(c)3 and (c)4 status. And they are asking things that they aren't allowed to ask, such as doner lists, meeting notes, etc...

Are you not going to be PISSED that the republican lead agencies singled out opposition groups? And maybe ever released IRS documents to your opposition. You're cool with that?
Whether you agree or not with the group's political stance shouldn't matter. What should matter is whether or not that group adheres to the rules of their exemption class. If left-wing groups are abusing loopholes in the tax code acting as a money laundering front for political campaign contributions I would expect the IRS to treat them the same way.

The real problem is that the IRS let this loophole go on for as long as it did, and people got upset when the IRS clamped down on the abuse...

Last edited by pbeaul; 05-17-2013 at 04:05 PM.
pbeaul is offline  
post #17 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
gveliopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 955
Thanks: 156
Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
I was simply making an observation, that most of you talk like you're so enlightened and not a stupid follower like the rest of the sheep. Yet many of you, like clockwork do the exact same thing as the "liberal sheep". When Fox blows something out of proportion many of you get all bent out of shape and parrot all the sound bites fed to you. You've somehow justified that your sheep qualities are better than their sheep qualities... But at the end of the day you're both just a bunch sheep, that put their political ideologies ahead of good judgement.



I agree, but this spying on journalists/citizens crap has been going on for literally a decade+. This "outrage" that is going on now is simply manufactured to keep people focused on what they want you focused on. This outrage is like 10 years too late... While you weren't paying attention most of these programs were started/upgraded under Bush. The government/NSA has been spying on ALL Americans, violating their rights for literally a decade. You just now got a very small taste of what has been going on for years.

If you were aware of what was going on, this wouldn't have been surprising to you. Why do you think the government rushed to pass amendments to the FISA act that provided RETROACTIVE immunity to telecoms back in 2008? Something Senator Obama said he would oppose but ultimately supported?

Where is all the outrage about the government spying on Americans? It's pretty easy to see that it's all manufactured outrage. Smoke and mirrors.

not really sure who you are referring to in the beginning when you say "you all" ? do you mean conservatives? i wouldn't consider myself conservative. also, i feel like you are coming extremely close to making generalizations.

im only 20. i just started following politics and global affairs and economics 2 years ago. quite honestly i am not that informed of what happened previously. i would have to play catch up at this point and there is so much going on right now it seems nearly impossible to do. however, i know enough not to pin too much on Obama's admin. quite frankly, i think the polarization of america between dems and reps is stupid and sensational and misses the much bigger picture. the problem is the institution of our government. republicans have been mucking it just as much over the past hundred years. both parties want to extend their power over the people and trample on the Constitution. in both parties, the Constitution (our Rule of Law) is largely ignored the second after politicians swear an oath to uphold it. Both parties restrict civil liberties. I feel like im going off on a tangent here and i am assuming you are going to disagree with most of what i have said. that's cool, no worries.
gveliopoulos is offline  
post #18 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 04:58 PM
 
tripage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: orlando
Posts: 14,330
Thanks: 598
Thanked 728 Times in 591 Posts
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
SOunds like "we" "invest" in a "energy Company" then that company sends millions to "their party" in "donations" and then "that energy company" goes out of business after a year or two.

Laundering? No just investing in the future. When did the presidency become an "invest" group.




http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
tripage is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to tripage For This Useful Post:
deluzrider (05-17-2013)
post #19 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Eurodriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 968
Thanks: 67
Thanked 144 Times in 100 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
SOunds like "we" "invest" in a "energy Company" then that company sends millions to "their party" in "donations" and then "that energy company" goes out of business after a year or two.

Laundering? No just investing in the future. When did the presidency become an "invest" group.
Let me give you some advice:

1. Everything is Bush's fault. Even if its not. (Clinton was the one pushing for subprime loans to minorities in the late 90s which led to the housing bubble bursting 10 years later.)

2. If you criticize Obama, you're a racist.

3. Anything that is okay for Obama to do is not okay for a Republican to do and if Romney was in the white house right now the left would be asking for Romney's head on a PLATE with regards to the AP records seizure.

4. The media is finally dumping on Obama because they want to take the pressure off Hitlery for 2016.

There has only been one time in history a party has held the white house for 8 years and gotten elected again. That was Reagan 80, 84, and Bush 88.

Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Eurodriver is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Eurodriver For This Useful Post:
NaturalPhenomenon (05-20-2013)
post #20 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 05:15 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
NaturalPhenomenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 932
Thanks: 39
Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
Let me give you some advice:

1. Everything is Bush's fault. Even if its not. (Clinton was the one pushing for subprime loans to minorities in the late 90s which led to the housing bubble bursting 10 years later.)

Well said

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
NaturalPhenomenon is offline  
post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 06:22 PM
 
tripage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: orlando
Posts: 14,330
Thanks: 598
Thanked 728 Times in 591 Posts
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
I have always wondered why it is someone else's fault if a bank gives you a loan for more than you can pay?

So tired of hearing about this. They didn't make anyone sign the papers. I was buying my house in 2001 and they approved us for twice as much as our house is valued at. They said, Oh yes you are approved for this much of a loan. I laughed at them and told them they must think I am stupid to get a mortgage that is 3/4 my monthly income. Then they proceeded to let me know about balloon payments and interest only loans. I laughed again and let them know that I want to pay something that is locked in an not going to change half way down the road. Pretty sure closing day didn't go as fast as they wanted either because I compared my copy of the forms to their copy to make sure everything was correct. That whole part of "READ SOMETHING BEFORE YOU SIGN IT" that I learned growing up. That part where my dad told me, "It has your signature on it, you better know everything that it says before you put your name on it."




http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116

Last edited by tripage; 05-22-2013 at 09:08 AM.
tripage is offline  
post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Moto_Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: California
Posts: 513
Thanks: 12
Thanked 65 Times in 51 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just have to love the liberal ideologue. Not even worth the time debating.

It's too bad you can't split the country, build a wall and split the people. When only a small portion is working to feed, house and insure the lazy. Oh, don't forget your Obama phones. You will wish you were on the other side. Socialism does not work.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Moto_Junkie is offline  
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
deluzrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: menifee ca
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 29
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Junkie View Post
Just have to love the liberal ideologue. Not even worth the time debating.

It's too bad you can't split the country, build a wall and split the people. When only a small portion is working to feed, house and insure the lazy. Oh, don't forget your Obama phones. You will wish you were on the other side. Socialism does not work.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
If we did that they would become a 3rd world country way too fast. I don't wanna see my liberal friends starve just because they are retarded lol


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
deluzrider is offline  
post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:11 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Eurodriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 968
Thanks: 67
Thanked 144 Times in 100 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluzrider View Post
If we did that they would become a 3rd world country way too fast. I don't wanna see my liberal friends starve just because they are retarded lol


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Why? When so many liberals would be happy putting you in a camp to starve.

Just look at YouTube or Yahoo comments. Liberals are some very intolerant, vile people.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Eurodriver is offline  
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 AM
Maynard
 
JohnDoubleR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CO
Posts: 7,033
Thanks: 1,162
Thanked 903 Times in 798 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Political threads interest me, but it always triggers the same thought in my brain...at least we live in America, and have a choice of who we elect... even if it's not a direct popular vote.

Sheet, in the Philippines it's like, "Oh yeah so our previous President who was in charge for the past 9 years rigged the votes? How did they miss that?"

I see the socioeconomic status and lifestyle that ALL my family has back in the Philippines and it humbles me knowing that I'm at least in a country that is well developed compared to a less developed country. Some people don't know how lucky they are to take a deuce in porcelain, or have heated water.

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
JohnDoubleR is offline  
post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
gveliopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 955
Thanks: 156
Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR View Post
Political threads interest me, but it always triggers the same thought in my brain...at least we live in America, and have a choice of who we elect... even if it's not a direct popular vote.

Sheet, in the Philippines it's like, "Oh yeah so our previous President who was in charge for the past 9 years rigged the votes? How did they miss that?"

I see the socioeconomic status and lifestyle that ALL my family has back in the Philippines and it humbles me knowing that I'm at least in a country that is well developed compared to a less developed country. Some people don't know how lucky they are to take a deuce in porcelain, or have heated water.
This is true. but be careful when attributing this to democracy. Democracies can restrict freedom just as much as any tyrannical dictator can.
gveliopoulos is offline  
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Eurodriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 968
Thanks: 67
Thanked 144 Times in 100 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gveliopoulos View Post
This is true. but be careful when attributing this to democracy. Democracies can restrict freedom just as much as any tyrannical dictator can.
Exactly.

We are a Constitutional Republic.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Eurodriver is offline  
post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
It was illegal because it they were profiling based on political affiliations.
Yes, and.... That was exactly what they were doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
Which is funny, because from my experience, most right-wing types generally don't have a problem with the idea of profiling.
You're referring to something COMPLETELY different, in order to try to validate your point... Try to stay on topic, shall we? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
but when the government profiles based on political affiliation for specific a class of tax exception that is not allowed to participate in politics it's somehow a terrible idea. Ignore the fact that most of the organizations that got flagged did in fact get caught red handed violating the law.
Wrong sir... They were profiling before they ever considered granting such tax exempt status. While at the same time allowing "left wing groups" to bypass the system and achieve their tax exempt status without issue and within mere weeks of requesting such status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
It wasn't some witch hunt where none of them did anything wrong, most of them were in the wrong. It was simply HOW the IRS went about selecting them that was proven to be dangerous to say the least.
You just completely contradicted your own statement... Maybe you'd like to clarify or reword it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
Whether you agree or not with the group's political stance shouldn't matter. What should matter is whether or not that group adheres to the rules of their exemption class. If left-wing groups are abusing loopholes in the tax code acting as a money laundering front for political campaign contributions I would expect the IRS to treat them the same way.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!! However that was not the case here. They were holding up applications and issuing follow up questions and demands BASED SOLELY on their politician stance. Asking question of these companies that had NOTHING to do with their tax exemption request status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeaul View Post
The real problem is that the IRS let this loophole go on for as long as it did, and people got upset when the IRS clamped down on the abuse...
Please read above, we are talking about people who never even received their exemption, they can't abuse a system they aren't allowed to participate in!


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
deluzrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: menifee ca
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 29
Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"This scandal must have been Bush's fault. " - said every democrat


Sent from Motorcycle.com App
deluzrider is offline  
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 04:56 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 2,003
Thanks: 19
Thanked 69 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gveliopoulos View Post
not really sure who you are referring to in the beginning when you say "you all" ? do you mean conservatives? i wouldn't consider myself conservative. also, i feel like you are coming extremely close to making generalizations.

im only 20. i just started following politics and global affairs and economics 2 years ago. quite honestly i am not that informed of what happened previously. i would have to play catch up at this point and there is so much going on right now it seems nearly impossible to do. however, i know enough not to pin too much on Obama's admin. quite frankly, i think the polarization of america between dems and reps is stupid and sensational and misses the much bigger picture. the problem is the institution of our government. republicans have been mucking it just as much over the past hundred years. both parties want to extend their power over the people and trample on the Constitution. in both parties, the Constitution (our Rule of Law) is largely ignored the second after politicians swear an oath to uphold it. Both parties restrict civil liberties. I feel like im going off on a tangent here and i am assuming you are going to disagree with most of what i have said. that's cool, no worries.
When I say "you all" I'm referring to many of the regulars around here that have this misplaced sense of superiority over "liberals" because they're just a bunch of sheep... Yet like clock work anytime Fox News breaks a story they get all fired up, parrot the sound bites, wave the team flag... Only to find out 2 months later that Fox News intentionally blew the story completely out of proportion and that what they initially reported was completely inaccurate.

Yet the "right-wing" sheep have moved on to greener pastures and never get the memo that the story they got all worked up about months earlier was bullsh*t.


As for me disagreeing with you, to the contrary... I pretty much agree with everything you've stated, and you seem to actually be able to think critically, and in my opinion seem to have a decent idea of what the real problems are. Government corruptions (i.e. money in politics) and the polarization of Americans is the main reason things are as bad as they are.

When people are more concerned about their red/blue "team" winning than they are with the welfare of the country... Is it really surprising that things have gone to sh*t?


Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
I have always wondered why it is someone else's fault if a bank gives you a loan for more than you can pay?

So tired of hearing about this. They didn't make anyone sign the papers. I was buying my house in 2001 and they approved us for twice as much as our house is valued at. They said, Oh yes you are approved for this much of a loan. I laughed at them and told them they must think I am stupid to get a mortgage that is 3/4 my monthly income. Then they proceeded to let me know about balloon payments and interest only loans. I laughed again and let them know that I want to pay something that is locked in an not going to change half way down the road. Pretty sure closing day didn't go as fast as they wanted either because I compared my copy of the forms to their copy to make sure everything was correct. That whole part of "READ SOMETHING BEFORE YOU SIGN IT" that I learned growing up. That part where my dad told me, "It has your signature on it, you better know everything that it says before you put your name on it."
You make what appear to be reasonable points on the surface but as you dig deeper they don't really pan out. Were there a lot of irresponsible/greedy people? Yes, absolutely! Tons of abuse to go around. But did those people cause the bubble, or was it the system that perpetuated the irresponsible lending practices?

In the past, prior to the sub-prime/credit crises stuff, there were always loan standards... That were mainly market driven because if you f^cked up, you (the bank/lending agency) were going to be on the hook for screwing up. If you ended up making more bad decisions than good ones you'd eventually be out of business.

What changed, is that greed took over, the risk was diversified away from the people/companies making the loans. The system of checks and balances fell apart and went on unchecked for so long that it created a huge bubble that put the entire financial system at risk.

So basically, a handful of people got rich off it, but most normal people (mostly responsible people) got screwed because the loose credit inflated prices and forced people to pay more money than they normally should have for homes... Which unfortunately caused many people to over extend themselves with the rationale that they were "investing" in the future, that their house was only going to increase in value so there was no point in worrying.

For those interested,
. Is there blame to go around? Yes, many people were greedy/irresponsible but that doesn't make the people that took advantage of the system equally responsible to the ones that purposely set it up that way. Wall street knew what it was doing was wrong, and far more dangerous than the people lying about their income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
You're referring to something COMPLETELY different, in order to try to validate your point... Try to stay on topic, shall we? ;)
Is it really? I'll agree that it's a convenient distraction/deflection, but I disagree that it's "completely different"... If profiling is such a useful tactic for terrorists why is the idea of applying it elsewhere so taboo? In my mind there's not much difference between profiling for terrorists by the color of their skin/clothes/religion, and a tax collecting organization profiling people based on how they might ideologically feel about government taxation. Not that I support either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Wrong sir... They were profiling before they ever considered granting such tax exempt status. While at the same time allowing "left wing groups" to bypass the system and achieve their tax exempt status without issue and within mere weeks of requesting such status.
Why do you think the additional scrutiny came about? Because there was an increasingly large number of companies abusing the tax exempt status for political ends, which is something that wasn't allowed. The additional scrutiny (and political profiling) was a response to that trend of abuse...

To be perfectly honest, I haven't bothered to look into this scandal all that much. I've only had a chance to take a cursory look into it, and from what I've seen, 1/3 of the companies investigated were conservative sounding organizations. From my recollection, the other 2/3s did include liberal/progressive organizations, so I'm not convinced that your characterization is all that accurate.

At this point, I don't care all that much about this manufactured Fox outrage. In 6 months it will come to light that someone screwed up and that yes there were some issues but that surprise things got blown out of proportion.

That does not mean I agree, or condone the IRS scrutinizing anyone for political motivations. I just think it's a dumbass taking some shortcuts, not some grand scheme to suppress conservative influence.
pbeaul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome