Thousands Protesting - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thousands Protesting

in wake of George Zimmerman's acquittal of all charges, thousands of people are taking to the streets in protests and few are rioting. I know there is currently a thread on this but i didnt want to post there because i dont want to detract from it. I dont wish to talk about the trial. I want to talk about the stupidity and foolishness of the general population in America.

Worse case scenario: GZ was a racist and the killing was a hate crime. (the evidence doesn't point to this but i'll contend with the plea of these protestors). the acquittal would be unjust, no doubt. it would mean that a guilty man got off scott free.

2 things i want to point out. where were all you guys who are protesting when OJ Simpson was acquitted? You have just as much reason/evidence (if not MORE) to believe that OJ simpson was guilty compared to George Zimmerman. so where were you then? point number two. WHO THE FREAK CARES?! how many times a year do criminals get acquitted in our justice system? I guarantee you more than just one. the Justice system can never be perfect and there are flaws. they are very unjust and unfortunate flaws but all this hype surrounding this case is completely manufactured by the media and all you protestors are buying into it.

WE ARE MURDERING PEOPLE IN PAKISTAN, WE ARE DISMANTLING THE SYRIAN GOV'T AND DESTROYING A NATION JUST TO GET ONE MAN, WE ARE SUPPORTING TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS, ORGANIZATIONS THAT KILL AMERICAN SERVICE MEMBERS! WE'VE DISMANTLED IRAQ AND HAVE LEFT IT IN COMPLETE RUINS AND ARE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING IN SYRIA. THE GOV'T IS BEING CALLED OUT FOR ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE OF MILLIONS OF AMERICANS AND WE DO NOTHING!

...but when it comes to one case between one man and another, we take to the streets and protest. i am so very tempted to say, i am ashamed to be an American.

this is completely disregarding the fact that the evidence does not point to GZ is a criminal. there is no logical reason to belive the jury's decision unjust, its only emotional. the propoganda surrounding the case is obvious and sensational. you people protesting have no more evidence than those who made the decision. they were more informed than you, they were presented more evidence than you have and made their decision.

I'm sick to my stomach right now. i can't even begin to tell you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'Merica

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

edit: can't post this here. i'll repost later.

Last edited by gveliopoulos; 07-15-2013 at 04:03 AM.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Training Wheel Hero

People don't want to face the ugly truth to what our government is doing. They only care about what topic is "in, hip, or cool" at the time. The media decides that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

All men will die, but not all will live.

"Wait till u come off, hit your guts and vomit :D a sneeze will be enjoyable after that :D"
-Pythonidae

2000 Honda xr200 SOLD
2003 Honda cr125 SOLD
2005 Harley Dyna WANT TO SELL
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The race issues we have aren't all because of bias toward certain groups, it's perpetuated by them. Sharpton is a piece of crap. He lives to divide people.

I wasn't there when the event occurred, and I wasn't in the courtroom to hear the evidence. Therefore my opinion is uninformed at best. We have a judicial system in place for a reason, I'm going to continue to live my peaceful existence, and won't lose a single second of sleep over this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
Austicus (07-15-2013), SpdFrk (07-15-2013)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 09:11 AM
T. BOTM Winner 10/11 Super Female Moderator

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
They are both minorities, race should be irrelevant

2007 CBR600rr Track Whore
2012 CBR600rr Street Slut
2008 BMW Z4M Daily Driver
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 6 Speed Garage Queen

RIP Chenhan, you are missed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatstud View Post
You little shiit! Haha
Next time I'm not shopping Hello Kitty with ya bwaahaha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidnightproject View Post
This song didn't help me poop at all!
2W1R
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRGirl View Post
They are both minorities, race should be irrelevant

Because all minorities are the same?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 AM
T. BOTM Winner 10/11 Super Female Moderator

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
No but it's stupid to say that it's a civil rights issue because the kid was black. Even if Zimmerman were white it would be a stretch. Racism is still a problem in this country but this isn't the right platform

2007 CBR600rr Track Whore
2012 CBR600rr Street Slut
2008 BMW Z4M Daily Driver
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 6 Speed Garage Queen

RIP Chenhan, you are missed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatstud View Post
You little shiit! Haha
Next time I'm not shopping Hello Kitty with ya bwaahaha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidnightproject View Post
This song didn't help me poop at all!
2W1R
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
OP, I agree that it's sad how the media completely runs the country in terms of public opinion. As for being ashamed to be an American--come now. Most other countries would love to have the control mechanism that is our media. Don't hate the player. Propaganda is always going to be around, and people are always going to play into it. The other option is to make decisions based solely on statistical analysis, which has its own host of problems i.e. we are robots.
I'm really interested in determining what we can do to minimize the effectiveness of the media machine. Here are my thoughts.
1) Avoid "news" - I refrain from watching any "news" on TV. But I do admit to reading Google News quite a bit, which is really not any different. Same imperialist viewpoints on any international happenings.
2) Seek more objective viewpoints or - CSMonitor is one of the media superpowers that sometimes has more objective information. Yes, Christian is in the name, and I think because of that they try harder to be objective. I also view http://www.realityzone.com for somewhat objective information.
3) Seek viewpoints of the people that actually matter. - For example, interested in what's going on in Syria? Find a blog from a Syrian or reporter that lives in Syria. Visit foreign media sources.
4) Talk about it with friends. Friends' opinions are very influential in how we form opinions or change our own. We're also more apt to trust a friend than a great looking white man on TV with perfect hair. I know. Shocking.
5) Vote third party. haha. Had to get that in there.

WTH else can we do?

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You nailed it OP. And TheX explained why. Even NBC has to release an apology for editing the 911 call so it sounded like GZ was a racist. If this case was just about a "kid" being murdered, then I hope to see these ppl protesting every time in the future a "kid" is harmed....regardless of race. I wouldn't say I'm ashamed of America but rather a large percentage of Americans at how naive they can be. Literally acting like puppets. And now everyone's forgotten about Snowden, Syria, and Obama gets another reason to push his anti-gun campaign.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Good post OP. One of the main problems here is that most Americans cannot view this case objectively and rationally, and its because they have been and are being conditioned this way. American's are subjected to constant media manipulation, and racial tension is just one of the ways to keep the masses divided and distracted from the truly important issues. The TV tells us what to think, what to feel and what to be outraged about. Most American's are fully receptive to this sort of programming.

The American Constitution is being stripped away, we are overtaxed to pay for illegal wars that are killing millions worldwide in order to advance corporate interests, we are being poisoned with fluoride in our water, cancer causing food, and overmedicated with with unsafe drugs, our freaking worldwide ecosystem is being polluted and destroyed by American companies (I could go on and on), and yet THIS is what American's protest about?!?!

Yeah I'm with you man, it is sickening and shameful. I don't have much hope for the human race.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Training Wheel Hero

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This thread exists because this is how the media wanted it to happen. What better way to stir up ratings then to turn Tryavon into a martyr. So, they skewed the facts, got people to chime in of social status that have no clue what they are talking about and painted this picture for all of Americans. Sit back and enjoy the profits while America divides itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to sincalirider For This Useful Post:
SpdFrk (07-15-2013)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Why not just "not give a Fu(k" cares, innocent till proven guilty and he wasnt found guilty. Get over it, dead men tell no tale.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
This thread exists because this is how the media wanted it to happen. What better way to stir up ratings then to turn Tryavon into a martyr. So, they skewed the facts, got people to chime in of social status that have no clue what they are talking about and painted this picture for all of Americans. Sit back and enjoy the profits while America divides itself.
Media stirring up the pot for rating.

D.C. stirring up the pot as a distraction from what we really should be outraged about: IRS, Benghazi, ect.

Certain "civil rights leaders" stirring up the pot for to make them more important/relevant.

A lot of pots being stirred while the economy is going hungry.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

2012 CBR600RR

OEM: Solo Seat Cowl ; CBR1000RR Rear Turn Signal Lenses
Akrapovic: Slip-On
Bazzaz: Z-Bomb
Cox Racing Group:
Radiator Guard
DDM Tuning: HID
Lawst Caws: Frame Plugs
Stompgrip: Frame Traction Pads
StreetSkinns: Custom Seat
TechSpec: Snake Skin Tank Grips ; Tank Pro
Tripage: Smoked REG IT ; 40-LED Pegs ; Knight Rider Third Light ; Brake Flasher ; LED Flasher Relay
Watsen Design: Micro Alloy LED Signals

Future Mods: Tripage LED Mirrors & Ultimate KR
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_kim View Post
Because all minorities are the same?
No because it should be irrelevant.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialspider View Post
OP, I agree that it's sad how the media completely runs the country in terms of public opinion. As for being ashamed to be an American--come now. Most other countries would love to have the control mechanism that is our media. Don't hate the player. Propaganda is always going to be around, and people are always going to play into it. The other option is to make decisions based solely on statistical analysis, which has its own host of problems i.e. we are robots.
I'm really interested in determining what we can do to minimize the effectiveness of the media machine. Here are my thoughts.
1) Avoid "news" - I refrain from watching any "news" on TV. But I do admit to reading Google News quite a bit, which is really not any different. Same imperialist viewpoints on any international happenings.
2) Seek more objective viewpoints or - CSMonitor is one of the media superpowers that sometimes has more objective information. Yes, Christian is in the name, and I think because of that they try harder to be objective. I also view http://www.realityzone.com for somewhat objective information.
3) Seek viewpoints of the people that actually matter. - For example, interested in what's going on in Syria? Find a blog from a Syrian or reporter that lives in Syria. Visit foreign media sources.
4) Talk about it with friends. Friends' opinions are very influential in how we form opinions or change our own. We're also more apt to trust a friend than a great looking white man on TV with perfect hair. I know. Shocking.
5) Vote third party. haha. Had to get that in there.

WTH else can we do?
most news i get is from foreign media sources. im about to post a thread on syria pretty soon actually. and yes, i did vote third party, actually i voted no party cuz RP wasn't even running with a party.

i said im TEMPTED to say im ashamed my friend ;) while brazilians and egyptians are protesting and standing up for themselves, this is what we americans are doing. the rest of the world knows whats going on far more than we do. the see us and we are in the spotlight and this is how we act. out of all nations, we have the biggest case to be out on the streets demanding accountability from our govt. The world looks at us and sees our passivity and ignorance. living here in Greece, honestly, its embarassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
The race issues we have aren't all because of bias toward certain groups, it's perpetuated by them. Sharpton is a piece of crap. He lives to divide people.

I wasn't there when the event occurred, and I wasn't in the courtroom to hear the evidence. Therefore my opinion is uninformed at best. We have a judicial system in place for a reason, I'm going to continue to live my peaceful existence, and won't lose a single second of sleep over this.
i probably will lose some sleep over this. George Zimmerman's life is now ruined. the media completely destroyed his life. he now has this reputation that can't be forgotten, it can only be overcome. thousands of people hate him. this is slander and libel by the media. i think GZ should sue the butts off the major news networks. He has a case and these people need to be held accountable for what they did to this one man. its horrendous.

Last edited by gveliopoulos; 07-18-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page