Government shut down - Page 8 - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Mad Chemist

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CBS News: Obamacare Website Provides "Incredibly Misleading" Estimates To Consumers

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...consumers.html

JONATHAN WU: "Incredibly misleading for people that are trying to get a sense of what they're paying."

Industry analysts, like Jonathan Wu, point to how the website lumps people into two broad categories: "49 or under" and "50 or older." Prices for everyone in the 49 or under group are based on what a 27 year old would pay. In the 50 or older group, prices are based on what a 50 year old would pay. We ran the numbers for a 48 year old in Charlotte, North Carolina-- ineligible for subsidies. According to Healthcare.gov, she would pay 231 dollars a month. The actual plan on Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina's website costs 360 dollars-- a more than 50 percent increase. The difference: Blue Cross Blue Shield requests your birthday before providing more accurate estimates. The numbers for older Americans are even more striking. A 62 year old in Charlotte looking for the same plan would get a price estimate on the government website of 394 dollars. The actual price is 634 dollars. An HHS spokeswoman said it added the "shop and browse" feature to provide "estimates of premiums without tax credits." Chini Krishnan's company helped design California's new health care exchange website. It requires people to enter their birth dates to get a real price quote.

CHINI KRISHNAN: "It is important that the users have a proper trustworthy honest brand experience when they interact with Healthcare.gov and I think providing accurate prices is an integral component of that."

JAN CRAWFORD, CBS: Now industry executives we talked to literally could not believe that the government is providing these estimates, which they said were useless and could easily mislead consumers. They also say, Charlie and Norah, that the website repeatedly states that actual prices could be lower but it makes no mention that they could be higher.

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Jbeck, we aren't leaving because this is OUR country. Its been changed from how the founding fathers set it up but we're here to fix it.

Encase you forgot, the oath of office is to 'protect the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic'. Not 'leave the country if criminals ever come to power and change things'
post #213 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fortunately jbeck, America is STILL the best country in the world. All I'm saying, is if you want socialized medicine, martial law and tea parties go where they already have them. Don't bring that **** over here! There's a reason we revolted from Great Britain years and years ago.

Did you google Bilderberg yet? It's not just an American agenda.....

You say that like the skulls and bones are a joke. Or as if I'm joking about them being in it together. Look it up.

And quit being so ignorant and watch that video! Trust me, it will even have you second guessing your best bud Obama..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Not everybody DOESN'T do those things either!

post #214 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherzRoony View Post
Bob: "Did you hear about the Obama administration scandal?,
Jim: "You mean the Mexican gun running?"
Bob: "No, the other one."
Jim: "You mean SEAL Team 6?"
Jim: "You mean the State Dept. lying about Benghazi?"
im: "You mean voter fraud?"
Jim: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"
Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything else?"
Jim: "You mean the use of drones in our own country without the benefit of the law?"
Jim: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million and right after it declared bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"
Jim: "You mean the president arming the Muslim Brotherhood?"
Bob: "No the other one:.
Jim: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"
Jim: "The DOJ spying on the press?"
Jim: "Sebelius shaking down health insurance executives?"
Jim: "Giving SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 months later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"
Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything else?"
Jim:"The president's ordering the release of nearly 10,000 illegal
immigrants from jails and prisons, and falsely blaming the sequester?"
Jim: "The president's threat to impose gun control by Executive Order in order to bypass Congress?"
Jim:"The president's repeated violation of the law requiring him to submit a
budget no later than the first Monday in February?"
Jim: "The 2012 vote where 115% of all registered voters in some counties voted 100% for Obama?"
Jim: "The president's unconstitutional recess appointments in an attempt to circumvent the Senate's advise-and-consent role?"
Jim: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"
Jim: "Clinton, the IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"
Jim:"I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million
low-information voters who don't pay taxes and get free stuff from
taxpayers and stuck us again with the most pandering, corrupt
administration in American history?"
Bob: "THAT'S THE ONE!"
Lol this is awesome!

Cat got your tongue jbeck?

Not everybody DOESN'T do those things either!
The Following User Says Thank You to 12DCRR For This Useful Post:
lownslo600 (10-24-2013)
post #215 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DCRR View Post
Fortunately jbeck, America is STILL the best country in the world. All I'm saying, is if you want socialized medicine, martial law and tea parties go where they already have them. Don't bring that **** over here! There's a reason we revolted from Great Britain years and years ago.

Did you google Bilderberg yet? It's not just an American agenda.....

You say that like the skulls and bones are a joke. Or as if I'm joking about them being in it together. Look it up.

And quit being so ignorant and watch that video! Trust me, it will even have you second guessing your best bud Obama..
Yes, I've heard of the Bilderberg group. What I don't get is the same people that rail against the group saying it's some secret agenda society hell bent on ruining things for the rest of us. then you rail against the govt saying they need to give big businesses a break on taxes and everything else to make things easier for them. Well, many of the members of the Bilderberg group are major business men. Seems kinda contradictory to me. But whatever. I guess if people want to be for and against the same thing, that's their prerogative.
post #216 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Knee Dragger

Jbeck, nobody opposing the bilderberg group is for tax breaks for large corporations. The fact that you think that shows that you don't know enough about the people you're talking about or you simply refuse to look at factual information when its presented to you.

Most people like us (12DCRR and myself, [can't be sure about him but this definitely goes for me]) have spent countless hours researching the corruption in our country including information from both sides of the argument. Coincidentally, most people who try to debate me in the subject haven't spent time researching even things that support their view, let alone the conflicting view.

Please research what we are trying to tell you before denouncing it as crazy and untrue.
post #217 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 06:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12DCRR View Post
Lol this is awesome!

Cat got your tongue jbeck?

I guess I missed the part where I said there weren't controversies or scandals. Where's the proof that there's so many more now than there was with the last administration, or the one before that, or the one before that. That's what I asked. No cat has my tongue. I look at some of those in the list and laugh. But I suppose I just have my blinders on......
post #218 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 06:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun109 View Post
Jbeck, nobody opposing the bilderberg group is for tax breaks for large corporations. The fact that you think that shows that you don't know enough about the people you're talking about or you simply refuse to look at factual information when its presented to you.

Most people like us (12DCRR and myself, [can't be sure about him but this definitely goes for me]) have spent countless hours researching the corruption in our country including information from both sides of the argument. Coincidentally, most people who try to debate me in the subject haven't spent time researching even things that support their view, let alone the conflicting view.

Please research what we are trying to tell you before denouncing it as crazy and untrue.
Please present facts rather than just spewing out talking points. If you've spent countless hours doing research, that should be pretty easy for you. Facts, facts, facts. Just saying Bilderberg group, or skull and crossbones, or illuminati (which one is running things again?) doesn't point to any factual information that there's this big conspiracy.

If you think one of these groups (or all of them) is that powerful that they are basically running the whole world, the economies, the governments, everything, do you really think that they would be so sloppy as to allow information to be published on the internet, or where ever it is you found it, for all to see? One would think that if an organization had that much power, it wouldn't be much trouble for them to remove any divulging information that could out them as so. Unless your some world class hacker and got into their files or something, or you've been infiltrating them for years and got a man on the inside and he's giving you all of this info. That must be it, right?
post #219 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Nowadays too many people have loyalty for their political party instead of the constitution.

I just don't understand how someone could think the politicians have our best interest in mind.

Take for instance, monsanto and GMO food. Genetically modified organisms (GMO's) are banned in over 30 countries and forced to be labeled in another 60+ countries. But here in the good ole USA, not only are they sold freely with no restrictions, they aren't even forced to be labeled as GMO.

Any idea why that is? Because our government has been in bed with monsanto for years. And when a bill comes up regarding monsanto, amazingly all the politicians vote in its favor. Guess the cash and expensive vacations and toys (from lobbyists) have a better spot than 'we the people' in said politicians hearts.
post #220 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
Please present facts rather than just spewing out talking points. If you've spent countless hours doing research, that should be pretty easy for you. Facts, facts, facts. Just saying Bilderberg group, or skull and crossbones, or illuminati (which one is running things again?) doesn't point to any factual information that there's this big conspiracy.

If you think one of these groups (or all of them) is that powerful that they are basically running the whole world, the economies, the governments, everything, do you really think that they would be so sloppy as to allow information to be published on the internet, or where ever it is you found it, for all to see? One would think that if an organization had that much power, it wouldn't be much trouble for them to remove any divulging information that could out them as so. Unless your some world class hacker and got into their files or something, or you've been infiltrating them for years and got a man on the inside and he's giving you all of this info. That must be it, right?
The information is available because independent media has made it available. But see, that's the problem. Most people think "if it wasn't on Fox, CNN, NBC, etc., then its not true."

These wealthy, powerful people you just mentioned have ownership in all the big news stations, radio stations, magazines, etc., and the first thing they do is put an editor of their choice in control. And if they don't want something to run, it simply doesn't run. I have a picture detailing the ownership of our media, I'll find it and post it for you.
post #221 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Knee Dragger

This isn't even the picture I was looking for, but it'll do. If you don't believe me, google it yourself. Search for "media ownership in America" or something to that effect. Here's the direct link:
http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...nfographic.jpg
post #222 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
The information is available because independent media has made it available. But see, that's the problem. Most people think "if it wasn't on Fox, CNN, NBC, etc., then its not true."
Oh, I don't think that AT ALL.
post #223 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
What makes you think there's been more scandals, etc. than ever before? Just curious. Any factual information to back that claim up? I would like to see what makes you think this.
Seriously? Pick up a history book and read the news. Or maybe I should take your approach and answer a question with another question.

post #224 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
This isn't even the picture I was looking for, but it'll do. If you don't believe me, google it yourself. Search for "media ownership in America" or something to that effect. Here's the direct link:
http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...nfographic.jpg
Haha look up this, you should like it. Top CEOs and CFOs for fortune 500 companies and their constant transition from the public sector to the govt sector back to the public and it keeps going. For example one of the ceo or cfo of citi bank went into the govt sectr right before the bail out. And guess who got a huge bail out and in turn used it for executive bonuses......drum roll please....citi bank. And that's just one example

post #225 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Its been changed from how the founding fathers set it up but we're here to fix it.
Our founding father clearly saw what a Democracy can turn into when people learn that they can vote for their wallet. That's why we are a Republic. And that's exactly why the the left work so hard to keep the Department of Education, to make most people think we are a Democracy.

Quote:
Encase you forgot, the oath of office is to 'protect the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic'. Not 'leave the country if criminals ever come to power and change things'
Obama must have skipped the first day of law school when they teach the most basic laws of all, that The Constitution is The Supreme Law of the Land.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

2012 CBR600RR

OEM: Solo Seat Cowl ; CBR1000RR Rear Turn Signal Lenses
Akrapovic: Slip-On
Bazzaz: Z-Bomb
Cox Racing Group:
Radiator Guard
DDM Tuning: HID
Lawst Caws: Frame Plugs
Stompgrip: Frame Traction Pads
StreetSkinns: Custom Seat
TechSpec: Snake Skin Tank Grips ; Tank Pro
Tripage: Smoked REG IT ; 40-LED Pegs ; Knight Rider Third Light ; Brake Flasher ; LED Flasher Relay
Watsen Design: Micro Alloy LED Signals

Future Mods: Tripage LED Mirrors & Ultimate KR
post #226 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Mad Chemist

Can we shut it down again???

Each U.S. taxpayer now has a federal-debt liability of $1.1 million, and rising.

See more at: http://rare.us/story/your-share-of-t....zmwzaHI9.dpuf

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

The Following User Says Thank You to WherzRoony For This Useful Post:
Nuttynu (11-03-2013)
post #227 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 11:40 PM
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Shut it down !
Throw a virus.
Everyone for them self.

Press the restart button .

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
post #228 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,167 Times in 990 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so did you guys hear that the numbers were released on how many people signed up for failurecare on the first day??

the number was 6 incase you haven't heard lol... not 6000, not 600, not even 60 but 6!!

2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan
post #229 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Maynard

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have health insurance!

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #230 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
so did you guys hear that the numbers were released on how many people signed up for failurecare on the first day??

the number was 6 incase you haven't heard lol... not 6000, not 600, not even 60 but 6!!
That is crazy. BOTH my maternal and paternal grandmothers have more than twice the number of kids than that (13 & 14).

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

2012 CBR600RR

OEM: Solo Seat Cowl ; CBR1000RR Rear Turn Signal Lenses
Akrapovic: Slip-On
Bazzaz: Z-Bomb
Cox Racing Group:
Radiator Guard
DDM Tuning: HID
Lawst Caws: Frame Plugs
Stompgrip: Frame Traction Pads
StreetSkinns: Custom Seat
TechSpec: Snake Skin Tank Grips ; Tank Pro
Tripage: Smoked REG IT ; 40-LED Pegs ; Knight Rider Third Light ; Brake Flasher ; LED Flasher Relay
Watsen Design: Micro Alloy LED Signals

Future Mods: Tripage LED Mirrors & Ultimate KR
post #231 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:13 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
After all that, the dems are siding with what the house wanted. silly government

post #232 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
After all that, the dems are siding with what the house wanted. silly government

Sorry I'm jyst now getting to this...Whay you expect from to do, stck up for themselves?

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page