Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,167 Times in 990 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
US Capitol Shooting

Don't know how many of you guys heard about this yet, it just happened

http://www.nytimes.com/news/fiscal-c...-capitol/?_r=0

also:
Quote:
Capitol police could be seen with semi-automatic rifles drawn as they scrambled for position on the Capitol grounds.
how come when police have them, they are called semi-automatic rifles, but when we the civilians have them they are called assault rifles?

2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bad deal all around. Haven't heard of any fatalities, which is good, just an officer injured. Hopefully not too bad. here's to full and speedy recovery.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
crazy

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
World Superbike Racer

The next American Revolution has started!

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austicus View Post
I wish!

Just heard on the radio that it started with a car chase that ended by the capitol when the guy got out of his car and shot the cop that was chasing him. I don't think it was actually on the capitol grounds

2W1R - IceTitan
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Moto GP Racer

I just read that the shots were only those of the officers. A woman was actually trying to ram the White House hate with her vehicle and the cops open fired while on pursuit. The officer injured, was not injured due to gun fire.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ots-fired.html

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post
I'm glad lines have been identified...even if it is all the way at bukake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
no he's not... I can already tell he's a soulless little fawker who is going to destroy everything you love

My long not exciting build, but I have hyperflo's
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
SNAP! i cant imagine how things would be

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caudill41 View Post
I just read that the shots were only those of the officers. A woman was actually trying to ram the White House hate with her vehicle and the cops open fired while on pursuit. The officer injured, was not injured due to gun fire.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ots-fired.html

already conflicting stories lol... that's why I don't usually pay attention to the news for details

2W1R - IceTitan
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:31 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
SNAP! i cant imagine how things would be
It would be crazy, but awesome at the same time. History isn't made by people who wish things would change, it's made by people who do something about it.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:49 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Suspect killed. It was a woman. She had a child in the car. Just sad.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...suspect-killed
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Moto GP Racer

Tried to ram the gates with a black infinity. Crazy! And she had to know she was going to die, and put a child in danger. Man.... Mental health screenings anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldn View Post
I'm glad lines have been identified...even if it is all the way at bukake....

Quote:
no he's not... I can already tell he's a soulless little fawker who is going to destroy everything you love

My long not exciting build, but I have hyperflo's
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

One source said injured, the other said not injured, and the last one said she's dead. :screwy:
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caudill41 View Post
Tried to ram the gates with a black infinity. Crazy! And she had to know she was going to die, and put a child in danger. Man.... Mental health screenings anyone?

No doubt.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 04:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamzboy View Post
One source said injured, the other said not injured, and the last one said she's dead. :screwy:
There was an officer that was injured. The suspect is dead.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,542 Times in 2,154 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
WTF is Dis World coming 2

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,714 Posts
Quote:
We need it, Obama says that the only way to end the shutdown is to do what HE says. No meeting part way, no negotiations.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
We need it, Obama says that the only way to end the shutdown is to do what HE says. No meeting part way, no negotiations.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1
But he gives us free cell phones! He can't be THAT bad can he?

Free cell phones that materialized from no where so no one had to pay for them, they are just magical and free.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

What are the republicans offering as a compromise? Because all I've seen is that they'll end the shutdown if the dems agree to defund and/or delay implementation of the ACA. That is NOT a compromise. Unless the repubs WANT the govt to stay shutdown, which I think they do.

In fact, I'll do one better. Below is a link to a letter that a republican senator sent to Speaker Bohner way back in August where he actually encourages using the power of the purse to try to defund Obamacare. In the aforementioned letter, Senator Meadows urges Bohner to include the defunding of Obamacare in any and all appropriations bills. He also goes on to mention a quote from James Madison that references the "power over the purse" as "the most complete and effectual weapon for obtaining a redress of every grievance". If that's not an endorsement of a govt shutdown just to get what they want, I don't know what is.

http://meadows.house.gov/uploads/Mea...fundLetter.pdf

Why would Bohner agree to this? Because 80 out of the 237 (I think) repub senators in the house signed the letter. Bohner needs all 80 of them, along with all the other repubs that didn't sign it, to pass anything. That's why he agreed to it. That, and so they can use it for their next election in their heavily conservative districts as a talking point.

President Obama has offered to compromise. He wants a clean bill passed to end the shutdown and then to sit down and negotiate over spending, obamacare, etc. separately like the separate issues that they are. It's just dumb to tie peoples jobs, paychecks, and livelihood to their desire to do away with the Affordable Care Act. And in the end, it's all for their primary battles they'll face in the midterm elections in their heavily red leaning districts. They need that talking point to emphasize that they did all they could to end the ACA.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
What are the republicans offering as a compromise? Because all I've seen is that they'll end the shutdown if the dems agree to defund and/or delay implementation of the ACA. That is NOT a compromise. Unless the repubs WANT the govt to stay shutdown, which I think they do.

In fact, I'll do one better. Below is a link to a letter that a republican senator sent to Speaker Bohner way back in August where he actually encourages using the power of the purse to try to defund Obamacare. In the aforementioned letter, Senator Meadows urges Bohner to include the defunding of Obamacare in any and all appropriations bills. He also goes on to mention a quote from James Madison that references the "power over the purse" as "the most complete and effectual weapon for obtaining a redress of every grievance". If that's not an endorsement of a govt shutdown just to get what they want, I don't know what is.

http://meadows.house.gov/uploads/Mea...fundLetter.pdf

Why would Bohner agree to this? Because 80 out of the 237 (I think) repub senators in the house signed the letter. Bohner needs all 80 of them, along with all the other repubs that didn't sign it, to pass anything. That's why he agreed to it. That, and so they can use it for their next election in their heavily conservative districts as a talking point.

President Obama has offered to compromise. He wants a clean bill passed to end the shutdown and then to sit down and negotiate over spending, obamacare, etc. separately like the separate issues that they are. It's just dumb to tie peoples jobs, paychecks, and livelihood to their desire to do away with the Affordable Care Act. And in the end, it's all for their primary battles they'll face in the midterm elections in their heavily red leaning districts. They need that talking point to emphasize that they did all they could to end the ACA.
this isn't a republican vs democratic topic... This is about the crazy motherfucker who caused a rukus in Washington DC today by driving her car into the barricades by the White House

plus you already made almost the same exact post over in the goverment shutdown thread

2W1R - IceTitan
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
But he gives us free cell phones! He can't be THAT bad can he?

Free cell phones that materialized from no where so no one had to pay for them, they are just magical and free.
Haven't we crossed this bridge yet?

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone/
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
this isn't a republican vs democratic topic... This is about the crazy motherfucker who caused a rukus in Washington DC today by driving her car into the barricades by the White House

plus you already made almost the same exact post over in the goverment shutdown thread
I'm not the one that brought all this up. Was just replying to TheX. But I agree, this is about that crazy person that injured someone and put their child in danger as well. Just sad.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,714 Posts
Quote:
OMGLOL!!!!

I think you think wrong. Obama refuses to even discuss options, it's his way or death. You keep on waiting for that hope and change, I'm sure it'll happen. In the meantime I'll keep keep paying more and more for people that do less and less. You must be one of the entitled ones. Do you have any idea what is going to happen when those TRILLIONS of dollars in debt come due? He is growing our debt at levels far beyond grotesque. Sorry, you probably hate facts, they screw up your attempted logic.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
Austicus (10-03-2013)
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
OMGLOL!!!!

I think you think wrong. Obama refuses to even discuss options, it's his way or death. You keep on waiting for that hope and change, I'm sure it'll happen. In the meantime I'll keep keep paying more and more for people that do less and less. You must be one of the entitled ones. Do you have any idea what is going to happen when those TRILLIONS of dollars in debt come due? He is growing our debt at levels far beyond grotesque. Sorry, you probably hate facts, they screw up your attempted logic.
Man, isn't it terrible what happened today with that crazy person in Washington? You know, the one whom this thread was started because of? Just a sad situation.

I'd be happy to discuss other topics in one of the other threads in which I've been posting those elusive facts you so eloquently referenced above.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 07:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Man, isn't it terrible what happened today with that crazy person in Washington? You know, the one whom this thread was started because of? Just a sad situation.

I'd be happy to discuss other topics in one of the other threads in which I've been posting those elusive facts you so eloquently referenced above.
Your posts are a bit bipolar. Back to topic, seems like it was some woman who got angry and did something irrational resulting in her death. Doubt she thought it through; tragic for the child.

Last edited by jskateborders; 10-03-2013 at 07:23 PM.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:11 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Quote:
I wish!
Quote:
It would be crazy, but awesome at the same time. History isn't made by people who wish things would change, it's made by people who do something about it.
Quote:
We need it

We sure do and as far as things are out of whack it's probably the only thing that'll fix it.
There's been craploads of talk about it for the last few years but nobody wants to start it.
Our military structure is so big that I think the only way to do it is for the military to say what the F guys and walk off the job.

As long as we all keep our heads in the sand nothing will happen but the further degradation of our lives.
(Well hello NSA, it's nice to see you. At least you're still working)

Even if it didn't start at the military level and the general public started a revolution it would leave us open to attack from other countries.
A lot of uncertainty keeps it from happening.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
Thank you for purchasing a 600rr as your first bike.
The odds are strong that you will successfully add to our classified section and help lower parts prices

Crash Stats: Length of ownership
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=313730

Last edited by Tater S; 10-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in