Obamacare - Page 2 - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Mad Chemist

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Obama's big union friends are getting exemptions. Greeeaaattt...
I wonder if they'll get an exemption from the death panels that decide weather grandma gets a pace maker or a pain pill!

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Progressive democrat ideas are so good that participation is mandatory!

Quote:
Harley-Davidson: The world's most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of horsepower.

Last edited by LanCo Rider; 12-11-2013 at 06:25 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LanCo Rider For This Useful Post:
jskateborders (11-27-2013), WherzRoony (11-29-2013)
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 08:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Oh that's on the way though, they WILL mandate excercise! It's only a matter of time.
I disagree; a sick, fat, lazy population is easier to control. It's interesting that the government created food pyramid is so ass backwards...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
If you're rich sure... I hate to say this but I trust our government a whole lot more than I trust private sector insurance.

You can go on about the system in the US but sadly it falls short... On the world level the US ranks shamefully low when it comes to healthcare. Mainly because the entire system was built for the rich, not the people.
Actually our healthcare was ranked one of the best until obamacare.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I don't really care how our healthcare system functions before or after Obamacare, either way the average American is getting screwed, but I do find it funny how people blame companies for cutting hours for having to provide health insurance (only if they have over 50 full time employees). I mean if you were offered a free car by your neighbor, would you hate them because the government charged you tax to take the car? I suppose if minimum wage was also raised since it's proportionately less than it was in the '70s, you'd all be bitching up a storm when companies started outsourcing work? Take a look at profit margins for large companies and disparity of executive pay, then tell me you still feel bad that these huge corporations have to actually provide their employees decent health coverage in return for the third of their lives they give up to make a modest living. Just like in DC, they're trying to put in place a "living wage" so working people are guaranteed to earn enough to simply survive. This will only affect the larger corporations, and naturally Walmart is threatening to halt construction on several stores and close others. All because they don't want to pay their employees a LIVING wage.

Places like Walmart and McDonald's pay such low wages that even working full time makes it hard to get by, and impossible if you have a kid or two. Hell, Walmart profits twice as much when they help their low paid workers sign up for food stamps, because 99% of their food stamp benefits are spent at Walmart. It's the companies who game the system, and just because somebody took the initiative to fix one aspect of the system doesn't mean it's gonna be perfect, but let's give it a year or two before we all gather up our pitchforks. The conservative congressional republicans don't give two shits about the average population, so the fact that they're so adamant about repealing Obamacare means their billionaire donors are threatened by it, which makes me wonder if it just might help a lot of people out. It's been brought to light that many of the letters being sent out by insurance companies are inaccurate and are trying to get people to lock themselves into a more expensive plan before much of the ACA takes effect next year.

Oh, and as a side note, most people who are being quoted higher premiums can thank their state legislatures. A few states are turning down federal funding to expand their Medicaid systems and offer more subsidies so people earning under six figures don't have to pay such high premiums. So figure out who to blame before you point the finger.

Last edited by enz1ey; 11-28-2013 at 12:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to enz1ey For This Useful Post:
SmokinBob (11-28-2013)
post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluzrider View Post
Actually our healthcare was ranked one of the best until obamacare.

Yeah, right... I dunno what alternate universe you've been living in, but I'd like to find the wormhole that leads there. Our federal government spends more on healthcare per capita than any other nation with a single-payer system, even though we actually pay for our healthcare out of our pockets as citizens, and those other country's people don't. So how's that make sense? Unless you're in the top fiver percent of earners and have access to the best physicians, our country's healthcare system is one of the most wasteful, inefficient, and expensive there is.

SmokinBob (11-28-2013)
post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Training Wheel Hero

You can't blame our whole healthcare debacle on Obama Care lol. Its been fukd up way before his **** took effect. Its just alittle more screwed now ;)

Insurance of any type is a fuking joke.

post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:39 AM
Training Wheel Hero

It's interesting to note that the ACA is nearly identical to the program proposed by the GOP back in the days of Hillary trying to get a national health care system in place.

Funny how the GOP has changed since then. Romney didn't seem to have much trouble getting his healthcare policies enacted, odd that.

It's going to take some time adjusting to living in a Plutocracy.

From an actual source:

http://www.nationalmemo.com/tell-you...r-then-duck/4/

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/28/what...cial_security/

I do sympathize with those who are feeling the crunch and I feel it as well--my deductible used to be 250 dollars, now it's 2000. It has nothing to do with the ACA but more to do with what the company wishes to spend on a policy.

I also realize that not everyone can just getup and leave their current situation, believe me, I'm not looking forward to another blistering winter in Northern Michigan, but thanks to the idiots who were running the White House before the current administration, myself, and millions of others, get to choke on negative equity for the next unknown amount of years.
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,716 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBob View Post
thanks to the idiots who were running the White House before the current administration, myself, and millions of others, get to choke on negative equity for the next unknown amount of years.
Yeah, Bush made you buy the wrong house, at the wrong time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
dehingst (11-28-2013), jskateborders (11-28-2013), Ldn (11-28-2013)
post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBob View Post
It's interesting to note that the ACA is nearly identical to the program proposed by the GOP back in the days of Hillary trying to get a national health care system in place.

Funny how the GOP has changed since then. Romney didn't seem to have much trouble getting his healthcare policies enacted, odd that.

It's going to take some time adjusting to living in a Plutocracy.

From an actual source:

http://www.nationalmemo.com/tell-you...r-then-duck/4/

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/28/what...cial_security/

I do sympathize with those who are feeling the crunch and I feel it as well--my deductible used to be 250 dollars, now it's 2000. It has nothing to do with the ACA but more to do with what the company wishes to spend on a policy.

I also realize that not everyone can just getup and leave their current situation, believe me, I'm not looking forward to another blistering winter in Northern Michigan, but thanks to the idiots who were running the White House before the current administration, myself, and millions of others, get to choke on negative equity for the next unknown amount of years.

Huge difference between what Romney did and our worthless president Obumma did! The first and biggest problem is trying to mandate everything on a national level vs on a state to state basis. Everything you sheep have been told is a lie! Our economy is worse, our troops will still be over seas after 1/1/14, and Obumma care is a flop that puts more money in the politicians pockets. Do you like you're "change"?

Explain to us how the last President made you buy the wrong house. I'm really really needing a solid laugh this morning.
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytech View Post
You can't blame our whole healthcare debacle on Obama Care lol. Its been fukd up way before his **** took effect. Its just alittle more screwed now ;)

Insurance of any type is a fuking joke.

No it really is his fault. He pushed it, put his name on it and decided it wasn't good enough for himself, his family, and his friends!! If he won't be using or under Obumma care why should we be?
post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by enz1ey View Post
Yeah, right... I dunno what alternate universe you've been living in, but I'd like to find the wormhole that leads there. Our federal government spends more on healthcare per capita than any other nation with a single-payer system, even though we actually pay for our healthcare out of our pockets as citizens, and those other country's people don't. So how's that make sense? Unless you're in the top fiver percent of earners and have access to the best physicians, our country's healthcare system is one of the most wasteful, inefficient, and expensive there is.

Incorrect, we have some of the laziest , worthless people on earth mooching off those of us who do work hard to succeed. Take away them and the gov. Isn't paying for health care. How did we get to be a nation of " you have to give me food, shelter, and fix me when I'm sick?" Opposed to working hard and doing it for ourselves?
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Are you like, the guy who comes up with talking points for Fox News? And Obama never "put his name on it" other than signing the bill. That was the Republicans who named it that in the early days of the bill, back when they wanted it to be synonymous with his name because they thought it would fail horribly. Now they realize how big of a mistake that will be by the end of his second term and they're doing everything they can to repeal the act before Americans can start benefitting from it. And there is virtually no difference between this and Romney's Massachusetts system, most of the people who were behind his bill helped to draft this one. Whether it is enacted at the state or federal level makes no difference.

spraytech (11-28-2013)
post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:46 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Are you like, the guy who comes up with talking points for Fox News? And Obama never "put his name on it" other than signing the bill. That was the Republicans who named it that in the early days of the bill, back when they wanted it to be synonymous with his name because they thought it would fail horribly. Now they realize how big of a mistake that will be by the end of his second term and they're doing everything they can to repeal the act before Americans can start benefitting from it. And there is virtually no difference between this and Romney's Massachusetts system, most of the people who were behind his bill helped to draft this one. Whether it is enacted at the state or federal level makes no difference.

Ideals are great but facts are what matters.

The Following User Says Thank You to jskateborders For This Useful Post:
SlvrR (11-28-2013)
post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:

Negative he endorsed it, signed it and ran with it! That's putting your name on it. Huge difference. That's why each state has it's own laws that vary state to state. Make no mistake it's already a huge failure! Answer this question. If it's so good, why doesn't the president and his family fall under it?

Last edited by SlvrR; 11-28-2013 at 11:05 AM.
post #46 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Training Wheel Hero

You really should loosen the straps on your foil hat, man. That and try getting your facts from more reputable news sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrR View Post
Huge difference between what Romney did and our worthless president Obumma did! The first and biggest problem is trying to mandate everything on a national level vs on a state to state basis.
Actually, the original intent was for the states to run their own exchanges. However, most red states declined, and the federal government had to scramble to pick up the slack.

Quote:
Everything you sheep have been told is a lie!
Coming from the guy regurgitating proven false Republican damage control talking points...

Quote:
Our economy is worse
Housing prices are rising again, unemployment is falling, the stock market is making gains, the GDP is steadily increasing, and consumers are making more expenditures. The economy is healing, albeit slowly. Funny thing, though, you forgot to let the upper class know the economy is worse. More and more people are making minimum wage while CEO pay has risen almost 40% since 2009. In such a downtrodden economy, that can't possibly be, can it??

Quote:
No it really is his fault. He pushed it, put his name on it and decided it wasn't good enough for himself, his family, and his friends!! If he won't be using or under Obumma care why should we be?
That's actually false, never was true. But it was on Fox News, so it must be true, right?

Quote:
Incorrect, we have some of the laziest , worthless people on earth mooching off those of us who do work hard to succeed. Take away them and the gov. Isn't paying for health care. How did we get to be a nation of " you have to give me food, shelter, and fix me when I'm sick?" Opposed to working hard and doing it for ourselves?
Actually, while there are some abusers of the system, it's not as widespread as you seem to think it is. As far as the "you give me food" part of your comment, most food stamp recipients ARE working. And as for the "fix me when I'm sick" part, I don't know if you still don't grasp the fact that people are going to receive healthcare, but the countries who provide that access for free (every developed, first-world nation but us) spend less on healthcare than our country, with or without Obamacare. I suppose you're okay with the largest corporations in our country lobbying to keep the minimum wage below 1970s levels so they can keep exploiting cheap labor to make record profits, then pass the bill to taxpayers when it comes to providing enough income for their workers to buy food? So it's okay that food stamps were cut, yet most members of Congress receive millions in federal subsidies each year, even though they make six figures from their federal salary alone, right? So whose fault is it?? There are people working a full time job, but that job still pays so low that the people fall under the federal poverty line, who is to blame when they sign up for food stamps? What more can they do? Oh, right, this is America, so they should just buck up and get another full time job. 80 hours a week never hurt anybody, forget about their kids, just send them to daycare. Oh, and when they can't afford that either, just bitch when the government provides them free daycare on your tax dime, right?

In other, more forward-thinking parts of the world, people understand the need for social programs and how beneficial they are to the whole system. Even Switzerland is considering a guaranteed minimum income, which makes more sense than several different welfare programs. In America, people would be in an uproar over such a proposal, even though it could be extremely beneficial to the economy in the long run. But that's Socialism!

Quote:
Negative he endorsed it, signed it and ran with it! That's putting your name on it. Huge difference. That's why each state has it's own laws that vary state to state. Make no mistake it's already a huge failure! Answer this question. If it's so good, why doesn't the president and his family fall under it?
I already showed you that the myth about him or anybody else on Capitol Hill being exempt was debunked. But by your logic, yes, he literally put his name on it by signing it into law, that's how things work in our government. But the name "Obamacare" was drummed up by the GOP. Obama called it the "Affordable Care Act," but that makes it sound too good, so the GOP made sure to change that via repetitive media. Considering the two times he's run for office, one of his major running points was healthcare reform, it shouldn't be a big surprise that he endorsed it, I mean, duh... And I'm glad to see you think it's already a huge failure when a majority of the ACA doesn't even take effect until next year. You can see into the future? I'll be bringing you with me next time I buy some lottery tickets, if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
Ideals are great but facts are what matters.
I tried, if need be I can go ahead and find some more.

Last edited by enz1ey; 11-28-2013 at 11:44 AM.
post #47 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 01:47 PM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Both sides can get graphs to show what they want.
Here is something both sides need to ask.
Is there any program government run that has done what it has set out to do and broke even like it is supposed to? Name one and I will back this.

If it's so great why is it mandated? Wouldnt everyone want it if it's something everyone wants. I don't care what the court says no one has a right to healthcare. Just like those capitalist companies don't have a right to anyone's sales of a certain product. You can't make people buy something just to say it works. I challenge all of you to talk to someone in the medical field. You will hear the truth from those that this effects. I know a lot in the field and can say almost all are against it. These are people that deal with the clients young/old rich/poor and all insurance companies. I don't go by graphs and who is interviewed on each news. I take it from the people it involves.

For those that keep saying how great this is in other countries and try and compare our medical care to others. Unless you have seen both sides first hand you can't compare the two. I have been to Switzerland/Germany/Italy/France. I have family from Germany and Switzerland and you know where they live now? USA. Why because we have the best of the best. There is room to grow and make yourself better. You don't all make the same money and buy the same things. Some progress faster than others and make those that want it too strive to succeed. We are not equal in pay/work ethics. If you believe we are you need to walk a day in someone else's shoes.

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
The Following User Says Thank You to tripage For This Useful Post:
SlvrR (11-28-2013)
post #48 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
You really should loosen the straps on your foil hat, man. That and try getting your facts from more reputable news sources.

Actually, the original intent was for the states to run their own exchanges. However, most red states declined, and the federal government had to scramble to pick up the slack.

Coming from the guy regurgitating proven false Republican damage control talking points...

Housing prices are rising again, unemployment is falling, the stock market is making gains, the GDP is steadily increasing, and consumers are making more expenditures. The economy is healing, albeit slowly. Funny thing, though, you forgot to let the upper class know the economy is worse. More and more people are making minimum wage while CEO pay has risen almost 40% since 2009. In such a downtrodden economy, that can't possibly be, can it??

That's actually false, never was true. But it was on Fox News, so it must be true, right?

Actually, while there are some abusers of the system, it's not as widespread as you seem to think it is. As far as the "you give me food" part of your comment, most food stamp recipients ARE working. And as for the "fix me when I'm sick" part, I don't know if you still don't grasp the fact that people are going to receive healthcare, but the countries who provide that access for free (every developed, first-world nation but us) spend less on healthcare than our country, with or without Obamacare. I suppose you're okay with the largest corporations in our country lobbying to keep the minimum wage below 1970s levels so they can keep exploiting cheap labor to make record profits, then pass the bill to taxpayers when it comes to providing enough income for their workers to buy food? So it's okay that food stamps were cut, yet most members of Congress receive millions in federal subsidies each year, even though they make six figures from their federal salary alone, right? So whose fault is it?? There are people working a full time job, but that job still pays so low that the people fall under the federal poverty line, who is to blame when they sign up for food stamps? What more can they do? Oh, right, this is America, so they should just buck up and get another full time job. 80 hours a week never hurt anybody, forget about their kids, just send them to daycare. Oh, and when they can't afford that either, just bitch when the government provides them free daycare on your tax dime, right?

In other, more forward-thinking parts of the world, people understand the need for social programs and how beneficial they are to the whole system. Even Switzerland is considering a guaranteed minimum income, which makes more sense than several different welfare programs. In America, people would be in an uproar over such a proposal, even though it could be extremely beneficial to the economy in the long run. But that's Socialism!

I already showed you that the myth about him or anybody else on Capitol Hill being exempt was debunked. But by your logic, yes, he literally put his name on it by signing it into law, that's how things work in our government. But the name "Obamacare" was drummed up by the GOP. Obama called it the "Affordable Care Act," but that makes it sound too good, so the GOP made sure to change that via repetitive media. Considering the two times he's run for office, one of his major running points was healthcare reform, it shouldn't be a big surprise that he endorsed it, I mean, duh... And I'm glad to see you think it's already a huge failure when a majority of the ACA doesn't even take effect until next year. You can see into the future? I'll be bringing you with me next time I buy some lottery tickets, if you don't mind.

Where do you live? I bet there is someone on here that will take you to a part of town that is using the system. Not few but pretty much all. Please say fl, I will come and get you to show some places and give you an idea of what everyone else sees.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #49 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 01:57 PM

Back on topic. I do not know of anyone that has benefited from Obamacare. I am sure out of 60,000 members there has to someone. Well maybe not. I am going to say not because it won't work. Simple math was always stated during debates and my simple math doesn't add up to anything being lower to those that already have it.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by tripage; 11-28-2013 at 01:59 PM.
post #50 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
Back on topic. I do not know of anyone that has benefited from Obamacare. I am sure out of 60,000 members there has to someone. Well maybe not. I am going to say not because it won't work. Simple math was always stated during debates and my simple math doesn't add up to anything being lower to those that already have it.
I'm thinking the reason you haven't heard of anybody who's benefitted is because it hasn't taken effect yet. A few portions have been implemented, but they're insignificant. The major aspects of the bill don't even take effect until JAN14. I don't get what's so hard for people to understand about that...

post #51 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking the reason you haven't heard of anybody who's benefitted is because it hasn't taken effect yet. A few portions have been implemented, but they're insignificant. The major aspects of the bill don't even take effect until JAN14. I don't get what's so hard for people to understand about that...

The reason "I" haven't heard of anyone is because no one I know their price hasn't been lowered, it's gone up 2-3times. So out of everyone I know not one persons has gone down. Now everyone on here reach out and let's see. Maybe that is where my math is different. Didn't he say everyone's amount paid in will be lower? That was a mispeak? I mean a LIE and I knew that you can't add millions to something and expect the price to be lower without consequences.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #52 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:41 PM

enz1ey I can see your age so I know you are much younger than me. Let me ask you this. Do you think the social security money you pay in each check is going to be there when you need it? How do you feel about the government "saving money" for you and you will never be able to use it? If you believe Social Security will be available when you are of age you are fooling yourself. It will be bankrupt before I am able to use it, there surely won't be any money left when it's your time.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by tripage; 11-28-2013 at 02:46 PM.
post #53 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Moto GP Racer

As much as I wanted this to work out, I'm adult enough to admit it is a near complete fvck up. I know a couple people that will be able to get healthcare because of preexisting conditions, but I will have to pay double what I am now for equivalent, and not that great, coverage to "spread the pain around" as obama himself said. This bill ends up supporting the sh1t don't stink (baby boomers) generation on the backs of the nexters.

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
post #54 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Ldn
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Oh that's on the way though, they WILL mandate excercise! It's only a matter of time. This was only a stepping stone. Not for things that they want, but not the things they will need for it to survive.

Mandatory gym memberships coming to a citizen near you!
Covered California and blue shield both ACA providers for CA provide free gym memberships. Well free for the insured, paid for by tax payers.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems... but I think I've outgrown my yacht."

:)
post #55 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
enz1ey I can see your age so I know you are much younger than me. Let me ask you this. Do you think the social security money you pay in each check is going to be there when you need it? How do you feel about the government "saving money" for you and you will never be able to use it? If you believe Social Security will be available when you are of age you are fooling yourself. It will be bankrupt before I am able to use it, there surely won't be any money left when it's your time.
Honestly at this rate it's almost guaranteed it won't be there for me, although I've reserved a tiny piece of hope that more sensible people start getting voted into office as more people come to realize how badly our government is screwing us over and maybe they'll fix social security. But if/when funding does run out, I'll be happy not to be forced to pay into it and use those savings towards my own private retirement plans.

post #56 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 03:46 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,027 Times in 839 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The people voted into office have very little say these days. If policies dont play into corporate America's favor they won't go through... Its a downward spiral that the voter has no control over
post #57 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Honestly at this rate it's almost guaranteed it won't be there for me, although I've reserved a tiny piece of hope that more sensible people start getting voted into office as more people come to realize how badly our government is screwing us over and maybe they'll fix social security. But if/when funding does run out, I'll be happy not to be forced to pay into it and use those savings towards my own private retirement plans.

Glad you see this but you are forgetting the fact "It's your fault they don't have enough money, you don't make enough to contribute." The blame will be put on you and it's not going to just be done away with. No programs just end there will be more taken to cover that lose. Government programs are all wrong but they are just given new responsibilities to say they are trying to fix the problem originally started by the program. It's a no win situation. As other countries are now seeing, it doesn't work. You can't just raise the taxes/fees/penalties and take away things you think are the problems. We don't work that way, the worker will simply stop working and it will kill the system.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #58 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Glad you see this but you are forgetting the fact "It's your fault they don't have enough money, you don't make enough to contribute." The blame will be put on you and it's not going to just be done away with. No programs just end there will be more taken to cover that lose. Government programs are all wrong but they are just given new responsibilities to say they are trying to fix the problem originally started by the program. It's a no win situation. As other countries are now seeing, it doesn't work. You can't just raise the taxes/fees/penalties and take away things you think are the problems. We don't work that way, the worker will simply stop working and it will kill the system.
I agree to a point, we are likely in a downward spiral that we can't pull out of. But my hope is that maybe in my lifetime we will be able to work off other countries' examples like Germany and Switzerland. But with the uneducated voter base in place now and for the foreseeable future, it won't happen. More needs to be invested in education now and hopefully there will be a trickle down effect eventually.

post #59 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

Obamas unemployment numbers have already been proven to be a lie. Who knows what other numbers are lies. I can't see how anyone can defend Obama anymore.

post #60 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,027 Times in 839 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Try to think of a trustworthy president... Go on now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page