Obamacare - Page 3 - 600RR.net
Politics This forum is dedicated to any political subject you got in mind

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deluzrider View Post
Obamas unemployment numbers have already been proven to be a lie. Who knows what other numbers are lies. I can't see how anyone can defend Obama anymore.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
They aren't a lie directly; unemployment reports are base on people who have been searching for a job and only unemployed for x amount of time. So conveniently, after an individual remains unemployed for x amount of time they are no longer part of the report. Given my level of intoxication, x escapes me and I'm too lazy to do the research.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskateborders View Post
They aren't a lie directly; unemployment reports are base on people who have been searching for a job and only unemployed for x amount of time. So conveniently, after an individual remains unemployed for x amount of time they are no longer part of the report. Given my level of intoxication, x escapes me and I'm too lazy to do the research.

An employee from the censes was caught manipulating the numbers than said the orders came from above her. Conveniently our president didn't know about this scandal as we'll as the 4 or 5 others

post #63 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enz1ey View Post
I agree to a point, we are likely in a downward spiral that we can't pull out of. But my hope is that maybe in my lifetime we will be able to work off other countries' examples like Germany and Switzerland. But with the uneducated voter base in place now and for the foreseeable future, it won't happen. More needs to be invested in education now and hopefully there will be a trickle down effect eventually.

If you were born maybe 20 years earlier you would have a shot at SS. It's been in the downward spiral since it started. As soon as this was made available to the family everything was lost. Then everyone is entitled to it no matter how little they had worked in their life. Just like Healthcare. Entitled. Just like internet/phone/house/food/food stamps/snap/wic/subsidized this and that and poor poor us, government take care of us. If they would just say "IT"S NOT OUR JOB TO TAKE CARE OF YOU" we wouldn't have these problems. NO where in any of our founding documents does it say the government takes care of you. Until people realize there is no such thing as "FREE" this that and subsidized this and that we will continue to be in this situation. When kids grow up knowing what food stamps are and don't really care where they come from just that they show up at the door we will continue to have this problem. Sure there are those that get on a program and it helps, but there are much more that this doesn't help than it does. Don't believe me? I have worked with local rent a bums. I know the ones that work and they did a good job and some were hired by local business's. I also know the ones that were last on the list and only taken because they had 2 hands that could hold a broom and that is about all they were good for, holding it.
I come from a family of hard workers. Ones that have had 3 jobs to pay the bills. Ones that worked 2 jobs and went to school full time. "ME" I paid for my school out of my own pocket. I guess I can't relate when I hear all these problems everyone has with work. I guess it's just the way they were raised. They didn't see their parents work a good hard day to provide them with a nice dinner at night. Why work when we just go turn in these stamps and we get lobster/steak. Mom/Dad did it and we never went hungry so we will just do the same thing, right? Your right but it's not the schools that need to teach it's the parents that need to teach and the kids need to listen, as I was once told we can't just pour the info in through your ear. You have to listen to it and apply it for you to really understand it and comprehend it.

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116

post #64 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:44 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think its important to note that the us outsourced it's economy... You guys could be in a fantastic position right now but all your work has moved overseas. Its a shame really
post #65 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
An employee from the censes was caught manipulating the numbers than said the orders came from above her. Conveniently our president didn't know about this scandal as we'll as the 4 or 5 others

Oh, there's that then

post #66 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
I think its important to note that the us outsourced it's economy... You guys could be in a fantastic position right now but all your work has moved overseas. Its a shame really
This is true but not "ALL" of the work is outside the U.S. There are some small business's that are trying to do this with not only the design of the products but the build/assembly of the products. This company also has a warranty that stands like a U.S. company/product warranty should "LIFETIME" something you won't see with many others and we are proud to display this!!!!!

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
post #67 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 12:07 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well clearly not all, but a shameful amount. Its also sad to see so many people looking down on the trades. The us built its empire on the hard work of its tradesmen, yet now they are considered bottom feeders and most trades work is left to underpaid immigrants. This attitude is crippling and can only lead to even greater income disparity.

But enough of that... Back to your health care fiasco
The Following User Says Thank You to wibbly For This Useful Post:
spraytech (11-29-2013)
post #68 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrR View Post
Huge difference between what Romney did and our worthless president Obumma did! The first and biggest problem is trying to mandate everything on a national level vs on a state to state basis. Everything you sheep have been told is a lie! Our economy is worse, our troops will still be over seas after 1/1/14, and Obumma care is a flop that puts more money in the politicians pockets. Do you like you're "change"?

Explain to us how the last President made you buy the wrong house. I'm really really needing a solid laugh this morning.
He didn't make me buy the wrong house but his absolute ignorance of the impending doom of merging investment banking and mortgage banking--no doubt Wall Street was lining the pockets of his administration quite handsomely--caused a global economic melt down. So, basically, anyone who bought a house before this meltdown got screwed real bad if they stayed in their houses for, oh, longer than a month.

Get it? Can you comprehend that? That's just one part of the problem.

Now, thanks to the new administration's HARP program, I, and millions of others have been given a bit of a reprieve from years of GOP nonsense.

When you get done watching your daily dose of FOX News, maybe you can explain to the rest of us how putting two wars on a credit card did this country any good. Yeah, the economy is worse alright, I wonder why? I'm sure the spewjobs on FOX will have it all figured out at the next teabag convention.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmokinBob For This Useful Post:
enz1ey (11-29-2013), spraytech (11-29-2013)
post #69 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Moto GP Racer

Let's ask the current why he goes on vacation every other month when he said he was going to cut back like everyone else is and should?? But he deserves all these vacations "WE" pay for, right? Can't just go to camp David and save a couple million?

I don't remember anyone saying you had to buy a house. Maybe that will be next? I remember everyone saying that you won't be denied and from what I heard that was attempted to get stopped before it crashed. I bought a house in 2001. I was approved for way more than I could afford. This came from the bank, true but was ultimately my decision. They also gave me other options, balloons/arms which seamed really dumb to me. I bought a house in my price range that didn't take all of my checks to pay each month. I also remember buying a house, you don't do as for an investment. No one ever said your house is going to get higher in value guaranteed. You should have known that your house wasn't worth what they valued it at before the balloon popped. That's on you. Some of us didn't refi when our house was valued that high and it didnt' really effect us because I could afford the mortgage. Think of your house as share of stock. You can't buy it really high and if it drops expect someone to give you something because it went down. It's a crap shoot.

Also I see the ads all over facebook "obama lowered my mortgage" so let's just name that after him, he did it right? How about cash for Clunkers, how did that work out? Everyone "NEEDS" a new car let's just approve everyone. Same thing different purchase. Health insurance? Same thing, different purchase. Except this is mandated and mandating doesn't work for FREE people.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by tripage; 11-29-2013 at 09:37 AM.
post #70 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBob View Post
He didn't make me buy the wrong house but his absolute ignorance of the impending doom of merging investment banking and mortgage banking--no doubt Wall Street was lining the pockets of his administration quite handsomely--caused a global economic melt down. So, basically, anyone who bought a house before this meltdown got screwed real bad if they stayed in their houses for, oh, longer than a month.

Now, thanks to the new administration's HARP program, I, and millions of others have been given a bit of a reprieve from years of GOP nonsense.

When you get done watching your daily dose of FOX News, maybe you can explain to the rest of us how putting two wars on a credit card did this country any good. Yeah, the economy is worse alright, I wonder why? I'm sure the spewjobs on FOX will have it all figured out at the next teabag convention.
Every liberal losing an argument just goes to the watch your Fox News comeback. It's getting old. Liberals have msnbc republicans have Fox News. Who cares? The facts are what matters. Right now Obama has lied to Americans about this healthcare plan and it is a disaster.

The Following User Says Thank You to deluzrider For This Useful Post:
tripage (11-29-2013)
post #71 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Every liberal losing an argument just goes to the watch your Fox News comeback. It's getting old. Liberals have msnbc republicans have Fox News. Who cares? The facts are what matters. Right now Obama has lied to Americans about this healthcare plan and it is a disaster.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the above are facts. Obama verbally told millions of Americans Obama care would let them keep their plans and 5 million of those lost their plan. That is what we call a lie. The result of more uninsured Americans after Obama care than before is what we call a disaster. Please don't argue against facts with ideology.

post #72 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 02:18 PM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #73 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Training Wheel Hero

All I wanted to say on this topic is this:

"I am not responsible for your healthcare." My responsibility is to my family and their needs first, with this new law, the government is essentially putting strangers ahead of my family by making me pay for their health insurance...NO!!!!, that is wrong in every way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoogadyBoo For This Useful Post:
ridesc (12-09-2013), tripage (12-04-2013)
post #74 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Obamacare is a joke that's what it is...

post #75 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Knee Dragger

just signed up for my companies attempt at health insurance, fingers crossed I don't need to use it
post #76 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkinson View Post
just signed up for my companies attempt at health insurance, fingers crossed I don't need to use it
Good luck

post #77 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyGook View Post
I dunno whats wrong with my rr but it really doesnt want to wheelie. My gixxer would come up with little ease. I sit back all the way and close the throttle then fully open it around 8-9k like I did on my gixxer but it doesnt want to go anywhere. Wonder whats wrong.
Expand that to politician...take all the time you need lol

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
post #78 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Mad Chemist

'A public safety disaster': Obamacare could force THOUSANDS of volunteer fire departments to close

The Affordable Care Act forces companies with more than 50 workers to buy them all health insurance or pay hefty fines
The IRS says volunteer firefighters are 'employees,' even though the Department of Labor says they're 'volunteers'
Out of more than 1 million fire departments in the U.S., 87 per cent are staffed entirely or mostly by life-saving volunteers
Members of Congress are weighing in, but the Obama administration hasn't taken any action yet to carve out a fire-fighting exception

EVERY FIRE DEPARTMENT AROUND HERE IS VOLUNTEER I hope my house doesn't catch on fire.

The only money these local departments bring in is from chicken bar-b-ques and donations. Being a former member, this really pisses me off.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2n27LZLeF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I Like My Guns Like Obama Likes His Voters: Undocumented

Last edited by WherzRoony; 12-09-2013 at 09:19 PM.
post #79 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Sums it up vaguely
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	102641  
post #80 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 10:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

The government is so worried about mandating health insurance when the main reason we have to pay high insurance costs is because we allow the hospitals to rip ua off. $100 ASPRINS , 2500$ xrays. This has gotten outa hand! Let the reform start within the billing departments not our paychecks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ridesc For This Useful Post:
cbr6racr (12-10-2013)
post #81 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBob View Post

No Sir I don't get it. I bought what I could afford at the time. 250k in n. Fort Worth, Tx. Bought it on a fixed 30year. No issues at all. Having said that most people bought more house than the could afford because of the 3-5 year arm loans. Sucker you in at a super low interest rate. Then screw you when you can't afford the house payment nor refinance!! That sounds more like buying more house than one needed and couldn't pony up the new payment.
post #82 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 AM
BOTM Winner 05/15

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesc View Post
The government is so worried about mandating health insurance when the main reason we have to pay high insurance costs is because we allow the hospitals to rip ua off. $100 ASPRINS , 2500$ xrays. This has gotten outa hand! Let the reform start within the billing departments not our paychecks.
C'mon! You can't bring logic into a debate with government! Shame on you!

To go along with your statement, here is a GREAT article in Time regarding your point....

http://livingwithmcl.com/BitterPill.pdf

Definitely worth the read. If anyone honestly believes mandating healthcare is the solution, they have no idea what the problem really is.

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
post #83 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Found this funny and worth sharing. So in 3 weeks you mean to tell me only that many jumped on it? I thought this was gonna be the greatest thing since sliced bread! There are roughly what, 400 million citizens in the US and only 500,000 signed up so far? Sounds like a failure to me.

Last edited by Asabon94; 12-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.
post #84 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Moto GP Racer

Something to note. If a majority of college age kids don't sign up this it will fail before it even starts. Those that are not signing up and don't want to be fined if you adjust your w4 they can't fine you. They can only take away that money if they owe you money on your taxes, if you owe them they can't add it to it. Just something to think about for those that don't want INS and don't want the fine. Add a couple dependants to your w4 and keep some money on the side to pay the taxes come April. Without the young/healthy to pay for this it has no chance of working.

Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tripage For This Useful Post:
Asabon94 (12-20-2013), JohnDoubleR (12-20-2013)
post #85 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripage View Post
Something to note. If a majority of college age kids don't sign up this it will fail before it even starts. Those that are not signing up and don't want to be fined if you adjust your w4 they can't fine you. They can only take away that money if they owe you money on your taxes, if you owe them they can't add it to it. Just something to think about for those that don't want INS and don't want the fine. Add a couple dependants to your w4 and keep some money on the side to pay the taxes come April. Without the young/healthy to pay for this it has no chance of working.
You know what, thanks for informing. Seriously.

- a college kid

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page