Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

BMW's dominance looks set to continue.

3K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  CBR Time 
#1 ·
#9 ·
"Based on the BMW S 1000 RR – or RR for short – the new sports motorcycle has an output of 142 kW (193 hp) and weighs just 199 kilos including Race ABS and with a 90% full fuel tank (169 kg dry weight with Race ABS)."

So they're not doing the S1K anymore?

#10 ·
after reading the article i got the impression that the HP4 is a special version of the S1000rr. Its the "high performance" model, so i would say they are probably still going to offer the regular s1000rr.. its probably going to be a similar relationship to what the RSV4 has (ie the factory version and the non factory version)

#14 ·
They sure will keep making the regular S1000rr. The HP series bikes are like the M cars. Regular 3 series vehicles and then the M3.

It is just crazy to me to see a machine already as developed as the S1000rr is, then tweaked just that much more to make the HP4. The looks have grown on me, but the price tag sure hasn't.

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
because of this wierd thread title that makes no sense, since we all know honda dominate everything in life(lol), I actually posted about this as well :/

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=288952
Yeah I was just going on the fact that for the past couple years the S1000rr has been the quickest bike and since BMW is building a special version, their dominance in the sport bike scene will continue.

And I dont care what they look like, when i buy another bike...its going to be a BMW. No contest.
I would take the panigale S or the Aprilia handsdown over the bmw. Even the RC8R appeals to me more. They are all plenty fast. But the bmw looks ugly (subjective) and sounds like every other bike out there.

The ducati and aprilia scream exotic which is what I like.

#17 ·
The main difference between HP4 and the regular S1KRR:

-HP4 comes in lighter weight, with stock akrapovic exhaust
-Electronic adaptive suspension
-All the options on the S1KRR come standard on the HP4
-Limited edition.

Im thinking its a homogulation effort

#31 ·
Sick bike for sure. I don't mind the odd headlights either. Function follows form. That is a hot trackbike Slaps. Its not ugly at all in street form, besides, Beauty is in the eyes of the Beholder. Many people think the Honda 1000RR is ugly but us Honda guys see it as a hot bike.

How about the 1199S?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.