New company on the horzion! Check me out! - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
New company on the horzion! Check me out!

Guys, so I have finally reached the stage in my life were I am able to begin my own company. I have put in the ground work, done my research and even studied the trade both in and outside the classroom. I'm a year out of undergrad and ready to start contributing to the very thing I enjoy doing more than my girl friend!

Over the last 3yrs I have been studying under my mentor and own/creator of the company "STANDUP FIGHTER". The company that creates and supplies your favorite UFC fighter's must have gear, the THAI PRO series. Some of you may be familiar with this brand. Its only the hottest thing in UFC. Check it out http://www.standupfighter.com/

Anyhow, I'm up next.... so I come to you with questions seeking feedback and honesty.
I currently have a few items in the works and should be getting the samples back soon... But I wish to hear for you the rider! The company name is still under wraps as we are still checking the copyrights and playing with domain names etc. We hope to make the name official REAL SOON.

The company will focus on supplying an large array of protective gear. Gloves, Rain gear, Leather and Mesh jackets, even Track 1pc and 2pc. The best thing is... we currently have a real functioning back protector prototype that is SICK! We will leave the helmet industry along but everything else we are gunning for the top.

Guys this is a opportunity to be apart of a movement. As we will be providing High quality gear, Designs, Snug fitments as we will be taking customer feedback and implementing them into our work.

So as stated previously we are focusing on getting a summer jacket designed and produced so that the we can begin the tweaking. While neither pricing nor a drop date has been mentioned we are working elegantly on our end to produce a quality product. Once the Co. name and domain names have been sorted out. Look for a facebook group and other social media fan pages for support. When the time is appropriate we randomly select 3-5ppl maybe more to receive the 1st batch of gear. Which in return the winners would be expected field test them and provide constructive feedback.

Once again we arrive at this question....What is it that you look for in a riding jacket. Spring and summer are quickly approaching and I feel its only appropriate that one of the first projects we bring to market be a summer mesh jacket. So again I ask what is it that you look for when buying gear?

Colors?, Sizing?, Band?, Protection?. Price?, Graphics?, Pocket placements?

Would you even give a upcoming company a chance? When you much larger brands to choose from? If so at what cost?

While I have ideals and a solid foundation and works in progress my personal opinions mean squat if they are undesirable.

So please post up your thoughts and comments.

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW

Last edited by Str8_Lurkin; 03-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:10 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Protection is always top priority. Summers here are brutally hot, so good ventilation is a must. And, of course, it has to look good!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You start the game with a full pot of luck and an empty pot of experience. The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.

2010 Leyla
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

I'm excited for you Str8!

With a jacket of be concerned with ease of movement, good looks, pocket placement definitely. Maybe a bit more protection in the back then most brands would be good!

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,167 Times in 990 Posts
wow man, congrats and good luck!

with my gear I make sure that it feels quality and not llike it will fall apart on me. Has to provide the protection needed if/when the time comes and has to be durable. One thing I wish my jacket had would be a way to attach it to my belt so that if I do go down, the jacket won't ride up exposing the skin on my lower back. I know there are jackets out that provide that, but I haven't gotten around to getting a new jacket yet

2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
wow man, congrats and good luck!

One thing I wish my jacket had would be a way to attach it to my belt so that if I do go down, the jacket won't ride up exposing the skin on my lower back. I know there are jackets out that provide that, but I haven't gotten around to getting a new jacket yet

Already got this coming in the 1st design. Its tricky and not as easy to do as it sounds. Question would you perfect a zipper system or a button system. While some would like the feature other wont as its going to be a all or nothing system for to be 100% functional. Meaning in the even of a crash buttons would just pop under force. And yet buttons would make it user friendly in sense of taking the jacket off and one without removing the belt.

Whereas a zipper or a stitch design would be more durable, but also more tedious.

Does anyone actually have such a thing? Thoughts?

And thanks guys Im excited and happy I finally getting the opportunity to branch out and explore.

<<Click HERE>>

Click HERE
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
glad to see you have the guts to start your own business. so guess you are comfortable with your product. good branch there is a high demand for motorcycle gear. and unfortunately a high offer to. but that's all in your business plan. aim something to create in a jacket, glove, boot etc.. that will create a need. the must have. look to what the jackets don't have. for example prob get a hater or to on that but for hot summer days why not have a jacket that u can unzip the sleeves yes you loose the elbows, but still better then full squid. dont have much in mind right now but im sure the fellow riders will love the idea to be able to create a coat.
luck with the project if i have something in mind il pop it in here.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_Lurkin View Post
Already got this coming in the 1st design. Its tricky and not as easy to do as it sounds. Question would you perfect a zipper system or a button system. While some would like the feature other wont as its going to be a all or nothing system for to be 100% functional. Meaning in the even of a crash buttons would just pop under force. And yet buttons would make it user friendly in sense of taking the jacket off and one without removing the belt.

Whereas a zipper or a stitch design would be more durable, but also more tedious.

Does anyone actually have such a thing? Thoughts?

And thanks guys Im excited and happy I finally getting the opportunity to branch out and explore.
Personally I would prefer buttons simply for convenience.

2W1R - IceTitan
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Modcake with sprinkles

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I have yet to find a nice ventilated jacket with a warm liner. I know its asking for 2 different things. All the ventilated jackets that stay cool in the summer have dinky liner inserts. And the ones that have heavy duty liners arent well ventilated. I almost want 2 jackets in one. A nice breathable shell with a thick heavy duty warm removable liner.

sorry if that sounds retarded. But here in socal we have warm/hot summer days with chilly nights.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
THE ZIPPER!! Every jacket I've owned have jacked up zippers.

Tell me more about this back protector..... I need one and soon.

If people think zippers are too tedious, wearing a jacket would be too tedious to even wear.

“Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." Edward Vernon Rickenbacker, WW1 pilot and ACE

2008 CBR600rr track Build Thread
2007 GSXR 600 track Build Thread SOLD!!!
2011 ZX-10r street Build Thread SOLD!!!

Last edited by AUaviator; 03-15-2013 at 01:03 AM.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
are you going to be making womens jackets too?

Ive been looking for a nice leather sport bike jacket for my gf thats actually logical to buy, slim pickins for women, very slim in deed

87' FC n/a- sold
94' FD- sold
92' ZZR600-sold
07' CBR600RR
89' ex500-fiance's ride
99' accord coupe
78' Zed

Last edited by helghast7; 03-15-2013 at 01:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to helghast7 For This Useful Post:
cbr6racr (03-15-2013)
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:50 AM
Knee Dragger

Re: New company on the horzion! Check me out!

Slim picking for women and for us lanky tall dudes.

Tall sizes!

Marchesini Al, Leo Vince 8493, BMC, Z-Fi, Gilles vcr38gt, Samco, MPro Revolver, Ballistik 8cell, Amsoil, SuperSprox, RK GXW 520, ASV C5, Fren Tubo, Akra tank panels, TST IT, Proton, Gcraft res, PSR plates, Renthal grips, OEM Seat Cowl & CF stickers, Woodcraft Sliders/Spools/Clip-ons/Axle Sliders, Ariete Stems
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Moto GP Racer

Re: New company on the horzion! Check me out!

Combining great ventilation with protection. Sturdier zips are also a must and high quality lightweight leather, doesn't have to be kangaroo.

Good luck with the startup

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighzerOfLife View Post
I have yet to find a nice ventilated jacket with a warm liner. I know its asking for 2 different things. All the ventilated jackets that stay cool in the summer have dinky liner inserts. And the ones that have heavy duty liners arent well ventilated. I almost want 2 jackets in one. A nice breathable shell with a thick heavy duty warm removable liner.

sorry if that sounds retarded. But here in socal we have warm/hot summer days with chilly nights.
No it sounds reasonable.... I believe the way to accomplish this would be to simply design a well ventilated jacket. With two different liner attachments.... One for cooler temps. And the other a material similar to that of a moisture wicking. Perhaps one would be standard and the other could be an accessory designed to work all my jackets? Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUaviator View Post
THE ZIPPER!! Every jacket I've owned have jacked up zippers.

If people think zippers are too tedious, wearing a jacket would be too tedious to even wear.
Actually I agree with you 100% im aiming for Ykk zippers. They seem to be the best at a reasonable cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast7 View Post
are you going to be making womens jackets too?

Ive been looking for a nice leather sport bike jacket for my gf thats actually logical to buy, slim pickins for women, very slim in deed
Yes I will be! And actually I'm looking for actual real women measurements. As I believe the industry S<M<L etc.... doesnt actually fit.

So ideally if she supposely wears a small I would like to get the avg. waist size, torso length, arm length, neck thickness, and even the wrist measurements. I believe to do this I will need a sampled audience of aprox 1-300 ppl in each size to get a accurate ideal of my typically measurements.

Of course I would like to do this for men too. As we all know our gear doesnt fit just right either. The more sampled audience I can obtain the better the outcome.... ideally you would want a study sample to be in the thousands..... ideally....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMrB View Post
Slim picking for women and for us lanky tall dudes.

Tall sizes!

HAHHa I just read your post.... but have already responded to you issue in the post above. I have long ass arms so I know the feeling... Have go with a size larger than normal because of these things we call arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Combining great ventilation with protection. Sturdier zips are also a must and high quality lightweight leather, doesn't have to be kangaroo.

Good luck with the startup

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Thanks.... this seems to believe to be a common concern... Kangaroo is expensive.... LOL but I understand....

<<Click HERE>>

Click HERE
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Leather street jacket and track suit, Dainese quality, with a built in air conditioning and heater system as well as an undetectable hydration system.

K8 GSXR750
K7 CBR600RR

post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-treme1 View Post
Protection is always top priority. Summers here are brutally hot, so good ventilation is a must. And, of course, it has to look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper
with my gear I make sure that it feels quality and not llike it will fall apart on me. Has to provide the protection needed if/when the time comes and has to be durable. One thing I wish my jacket had would be a way to attach it to my belt so that if I do go down, the jacket won't ride up exposing the skin on my lower back. I know there are jackets out that provide that, but I haven't gotten around to getting a new jacket yet
I agree with both of these. I'm always down to check out new products. If you don't, how will you ever find the latest and greatest? If it's something that WORKS and feels solid,
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnInf View Post
Leather street jacket and track suit, Dainese quality, with a built in air conditioning and heater system as well as an undetectable hydration system.

Damn you want a car on wheels... hahaha a air conditions and heating system?

I can envision a way to do the hydration system. AC???? What are you wishing to obtain from this that well vent jacket wont supply? I like your ideal but now it becomes a pricing issues as a system like that would drive the consumer price up.... as its already a leather jacket.

I want to hear more about your thoughts...

<<Click HERE>>

Click HERE
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Damn you want a car on wheels... hahaha a air conditions and heating system?

I can envision a way to do the hydration system. AC???? What are you wishing to obtain from this that well vent jacket wont supply? I like your ideal but now it becomes a pricing issues as a system like that would drive the consumer price up.... as its already a leather jacket.

I want to hear more about your thoughts...
I almost feel like that's sarcastic... The AC system. Wouldn't you need a kind of motor system? Wouldn't falling on that motor system hurt as much, if not more than the asphalt?
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUaviator View Post

Well the unit I have currently sitting on my floor as I type this response is designed to contour and complement the rider's physical body structure. In latent terms, it moves and flows with the body. Covering more of the key impact areas. Most designs only focus on protecting the spine. However, almost all them are either too short, too long, too ridged and offer little to no flexibility.

Have you ever worn your back proctor and tried to bend over frontwards? Such actions causes a huge gaping hole btw your supposedly protection and your spine. Right?

Doesnt make sense considering you do a similar motion when in the riding position, especially on the track.

I'm looking a several different mounting designs and models.... as some would desire full protection (track/racers) were as a "commuter" may want something kinda basic.

Basically I have put some thought into it... I think you will love the delivery of the product.

<<Click HERE>>

Click HERE
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW

Last edited by Str8_Lurkin; 03-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavens Wing View Post
I almost feel like that's sarcastic... The AC system. Wouldn't you need a kind of motor system? Wouldn't falling on that motor system hurt as much, if not more than the asphalt?

My response was OR your question was sarcastic?

And yeah.... if one was to go that route they would hopefully spend a few yrs doing some R&D. As they would have seek out independent contractors to develop a power system slim and lite enough to do just that.

<<Click HERE>>

Click HERE
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbnInf View Post
Air conditioning = vents
Heater = you're in Texas, you don't know cold or have a need for a heater

Otherwise if you want 100% comfort temperature wise, take the cage

2W1R - IceTitan
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
Air conditioning = vents
Heater = you're in Texas, you don't know cold or have a need for a heater

Otherwise if you want 100% comfort temperature wise, take the cage

Dont forget throttle.... Now thats your true AC!

<<Click HERE>>

Click HERE
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Kinda off of what bridge jumper was saying about connecting to pants, butttt it would be nice if there was a way you could connect it to riding jeans. It could be as easy as having hanging loops you could run your belt through at the same time you are running it through your pant loops. I'm pretty sure no one as anything like that.

Also, to get ppl over the initial fear of a new company-make vids of actual testing on the track (where you go down). Everyone wants to know what gear is going to look like AFTER the crash so they can see if there are any gaps in protection.
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
[QUOTE=Str8_Lurkin;4119937

Once again we arrive at this question....What is it that you look for in a riding jacket. Spring and summer are quickly approaching and I feel its only appropriate that one of the first projects we bring to market be a summer mesh jacket. So again I ask what is it that you look for when buying gear?

Colors?, Sizing?, Band?, Protection?. Price?, Graphics?, Pocket placements?

Would you even give a upcoming company a chance? When you much larger brands to choose from? If so at what cost?

While I have ideals and a solid foundation and works in progress my personal opinions mean squat if they are undesirable.

So please post up your thoughts and comments.[/QUOTE]

Your back protector for me is something that I would hold a lot of interest. I guess my biggest pet-peve is that most jackets(mesh atleast) always have these dinky foam protector that wont do much. Granted I dk how much more a plastic back protector would do but I feel like it would be of better results. I have an icon mesh jacket, and I bought their back protector to replace the foam. I personally am not a big fan of crazy designs all over the jacket either. Well ventilated like many people said, but with a good thick liner. Some sort of interior pocket too.

I would definitely give a new company a chance especially if their product seems to bring a lot to the table.

I'll happily give more input when time is needed, and to "test" your products. I live in Chicago so I get a wide array of weather/temperatures to ride from spring to fall/winter

"i dont have the confidence to borrow a bike, nor do i believe it is ethical.
its like screwing your brother's wife when yours has her period.........." courtesy of clx

'03 600rr
Tripage IT
Tripage LED Pass. Pegs
Puig Double Bubble
Yoshi RS5(carbon)
Genuine Honda Solo Cowl
Proton Flushmounts
Go Cruise Throttle Control
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

i'd have to agree with Highzer. i would like a nice durable outer shell that has a good warm inner liner. here in maine i don't have the luxury of riding in 50-60+ riding all year round, so i need (to quote jake) "2 jackets in 1".

that's awesome that your starting up your own business! keep us posted on everything i might look into some rain gear and this back protector(i still have none) down the road

2003 CBR600RR - 21,250 MILES
LEO VINCE SLIP-ON
TARGA FENDER ELIMINATOR
FLUSH MOUNTS
PILOT ROAD2's

2W1R: Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumone View Post
you saw that porno too!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighzerOfLife View Post
Obviously monkey directed it.
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Leather jacket and pants that can just be zipped & buttoned together so people who can't afford $800 all at once can have a normal riding jacket that can easily convert into a track suit.

Ventilation is a huge one. I also see where higher is coming from a good jacket with ventilation and a warm liner for those colder months.
Also the removable elbow back and shoulder protection.

Red/Blk/White mixed together in a jacket is what I'm looking for.

post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
World Superbike Racer

While safety is obviously the #1 reason for buying gear in the first place, pretty much all typical street jackets meet my minimum level of criteria: abrasion protection and soft impact protection.

So that being said, good fit and proportions are of primary concern to me. The majority of jackets I've tried on make it look like I've stuffed football pads and pillows underneath.

Next is style and it's a very close 2nd. If a jacket fits like a glove but looks fugly as hell I consider it to be a deal breaker. Hopefully you've got someone with a very keen design sense as I believe this is the #1 criteria for most street riders.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
While safety is obviously the #1 reason for buying gear in the first place, pretty much all typical street jackets meet my minimum level of criteria: abrasion protection and soft impact protection.

So that being said, good fit and proportions are of primary concern to me. The majority of jackets I've tried on make it look like I've stuffed football pads and pillows underneath.

Next is style and it's a very close 2nd. If a jacket fits like a glove but looks fugly as hell I consider it to be a deal breaker. Hopefully you've got someone with a very keen design sense as I believe this is the #1 criteria for most street riders.

What kind of designs are you guys interested in? Personally I'm playing with the idea of a croc or snake skin pattern. Not the entire jacket obviously.

Color combos?

When I look at other designs I feel as if too much it put into the design and is lacking protection.

Are there certain patterns that you guys are more interested in?
I know we have die heart solid black lovers. But what else?

<<Click HERE>>

Click HERE
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
Quote:
What kind of designs are you guys interested in? Personally I'm playing with the idea of a croc or snake skin pattern. Not the entire jacket obviously.

Color combos?

When I look at other designs I feel as if too much it put into the design and is lacking protection.

Are there certain patterns that you guys are more interested in?
I know we have die heart solid black lovers. But what else?
I personally like mainly black plus a splash of neon/bright colors.

“Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." Edward Vernon Rickenbacker, WW1 pilot and ACE

2008 CBR600rr track Build Thread
2007 GSXR 600 track Build Thread SOLD!!!
2011 ZX-10r street Build Thread SOLD!!!
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Moto GP Racer

I think black with reflective red/white piping would look great

2W1R - IceTitan
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

I like some of the ideas floating around in here! The back protector sounds amazing.

I'm super excited for the possibilities!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page