legal import to USA, FL - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy legal import to USA, FL

Hi, can somebody help me out?? I have a Honda Cbr 600 rr model 2013 in repsol original. I just moved to FL from Germany without my motorcycle and would love to bring it here but my problem is this EPA rules and NHTSA Regulations i just really donīt understand what that all means and if itīs really make sense ? Thanks i appreciate that :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm not sure of the procedure either, however I believe it is much easier with motorcycles than cars.

Euro bikes must meet Euro3 or Euro4 standards which are always more stringent than US emissions standards, so I don't think you'll have a problem there. This may be as easy as having a local DMV officer do a walk around and notate the emissions and noise compliance stickers.

You may want to look into getting a membership with the AAA Auto Club - one of their benefits is that they can do certain Department of Motor Vehicle tasks for you. You could just find the closest office and ask some questions, may be your best bet.

Coming from Germany you are going to be shocked at how inefficient and unorganized our state and government functions are. The beaches are nice though!
The Following User Says Thank You to FightingChance For This Useful Post:
andzia (10-24-2017)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 08:46 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beside the EPA rules and the rest of the legal junk, you'll be paying a good chunk for shipping and import taxes. Not sure how much they are for bikes but they're not very cheap for cars. If you're dead set on importing your CBR then look into those first and see if it makes financial sense. Might be better off selling it in Germany and buying another here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page