Training Wheel Hero
Join Date: Jan 2018
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need advice on ExternPro motor, HRC ECU and Kit
Hey everyone! Happy to join this forum!!!
I have a few question and I'm 100% ignorant on this, so my apologies in advance.
I have a 2016 Kalex bike, and it came with an ExternPro motor which has the small HRC ecu and harness and the FCC slipper clutch, and I'm assuming all the HRC cyl head cams, springs etc...
This motor already had alot of miles on it, so I assumed it would blow - and it did last weekend for me at the track.
1) A few weeks ago my mechanic installed bazzaz TC and fuel mapper on it upon my request. All plugged in-line with the injectors and coils. But just checking (after the fact) the bazzaz doesn't conflict with the HRC ECU right?
2) After installing the bazzaz, my mechanic dynoed the bike. He said my tach on the bike (2D dash) did not correspond with the RPM the dyno was detecting. Basically, when the dash would read 15,000RPM and the shift lights would come on, the dyno read only 12,500rpm
3) at the track I used the information about the dash tach being "off" so I kept accelerating in 4th gear past the shift lights, WAY past the shift lights till I thought I heard the rev limiter. On the 2D dash, I think it was about 17,000RPM. 3 laps later, I popped the motor. Can anyone guess to the discrepancy between dash tach and dyno tach?
4) Crankshaft broke - is that common?
5) Yesterday mechanic install OEM bone stock 2013 cbr600rr motor with 1000 miles. Only switched the clutch to the FCC one from the original motor. Upon my request, I don't need to "build up" this motor because I don't need the 10 extra HP and would rather have a more reliable engine. My question, the HRC ecu is made to work with the HRC cams which have different timing right? So will my new OEM motor not run right with the HRC ecu? Am I forced to use the HRC cams for the timing to be correct?
6) I have the dongle and software for the HRC ecu but haven't plugged it in ever. Is that where I can change QS sensitivity?
I know it's alot of question, and probably dumb questions, but I'm not a mechanic so I'm doing the best I can :)
Thanks alot of any input that can point me in a better direction.