passenger seating - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
passenger seating

just curious as id like my wife to ride with me sometimes. had a cbr about 15 years ago. are the foot pegs adjustable? it looks like some bikes have them lower so the pasenger is not in such a squat position and some bikes look like they are really high up which seems awful uncomfortable for the knees. thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 07:15 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
just curious as id like my wife to ride with me sometimes. had a cbr about 15 years ago. are the foot pegs adjustable? it looks like some bikes have them lower so the pasenger is not in such a squat position and some bikes look like they are really high up which seems awful uncomfortable for the knees. thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pretty sure no model year of honda 600rr had adjustable rear passenger foot pegs. You can probably buy some though.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 01:51 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Niether the rider or passenger foot pegs are adjustable, and that goes for all 600RR model years. The passenger seat itself is not great either. For 2 up riding, the 600RR is far from ideal.

2003 Honda CBR600RR
- Renthal Sprockets (15/45) - DID 520ERV3
- Micron Slip on - Pair/EVAP delete
- SS front brake lines - Gilles Rearsets

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 08:16 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As already stated, the pegs are non adjustable from the factory, though there are aftermarket options available that can slightly lower the pegs. That may help, but keep in mind that unlike the front pegs, ALL the passengers weight will be on them as they mount and dismount from the bike so the pegs and mounts need to be solid and not stress things badly. The subframe is fairly strong but lightweight and not made for lots of stress.

Your big issue will be the seat unless your passenger has an odd shaped ass and enjoys sitting on a plank bouncing around, maybe someone raised on riding horses? My wife HATED my RR at first; what’s weird is she had zero problems on my 929, 954 and 1000RR before the 600 but this one was extremely uncomfortable for her. What worked for me/us was getting the seat completely redone where they reshaped it, added gel padding and a bunch of memory foam to try to make it as least sittable and stable. Then we added another removable gel pad over it which all of that raised the seat up just over an inch and that helped the leg position a bit and drastically made the seat more livable.

With stops every hour or so those changes made my 600RR into a nice, couple hour sport bike for two up. I sold it when the CBR650F came out and instead of working to make the 600 more comfortable, I started working on making the 650 quicker and handle like the RR. The seat and pegs were in a much better position for the both of us.

I still have the 650 but we decided enough was enough and finally got a sport tourer that’s WAY more comfortable than either of them were and we now do several hour trips that leads to several day trips without issue and are we both are way more comfortable than before. And I’ve found I’m even faster in certain areas on the Sprint than I was on the CBR.

Hope this helps.

- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list

Last edited by Miweber929; 05-24-2018 at 06:30 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 12:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Mine complained about the passenger seat being uncomfortable all the time so we bought her a Ninja 250 of her own. Fixed the complaining issue

"Opinions are like A**holes. Everyone has one."

- Untamed Entity -
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Training Wheel Hero

The most viable option. Teach her to ride. Get her, her own. That way you are both comfortable. Win win!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 04:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewifesbike View Post
The most viable option. Teach her to ride. Get her, her own. That way you are both comfortable. Win win!
Negatory. Get a banana seat F4i and wow all the girls with your sweet comfy saddle as they cozy on up to you.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page